Franco Di Santo

EskWeston

Well thank god to get something of a confirmation on this transfer and this is exciting news. It is a big step because not only have we snapped up what appears to be a cracking little player but we have finally snapped up our first highly regarded South American young talent - thankfully in this instance we didn't have to deal with the work permit issue.

He may have the opportunity to feature in a couple of FA Cup games at the most, although I believe he will spend the majority of his time in the reserves.

I would be suprised if he were to make appearances for the reserves. He is 18 and regarded as a quality player. Would be a bit more like Mikel last season with a few sub appearance and starts for the season.

He looks a class player. But he hasn't played at the first team level much yet even for the club he is leaving, so there is a lot for him to learn, but having the skills is the one thing you can't learn and he seems to have that in bucket loads.

He looks a class player. But he hasn't played at the first team level much yet even for the club he is leaving, so there is a lot for him to learn, but having the skills is the one thing you can't learn and he seems to have that in bucket loads.

It seems we're mere inches from getting him today, but according to Wikipedia (not a source well known for breaking news) he has already signed.Santo's Wiki entry reads like this: "Franco Matías di Santo (born April 7, 1989 in Mendoza, Mendoza Province) is an Argentine professional football player who plays as a striker for Chelsea."

Just a wiki entry though. Someone has probably assumed the inevitable that we will sign him so felt it was safe to say we already had him. I can't see where there might be a hitch, he seems to be interested, we're interested, and he has European citizenship.

I believe that the terms have been agreed with both the club and the player and it is now just a case of him comming over at the weekend to take his medical and to be officially unveiled.

Not too sure why we waiting till now as the deal had been done for a while....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco_Di_Santo

Franco Di Santo got robben's top number 16

Lol, that HAS to be completely made up for sure......

He does look a very intelligent player and ideally suited to play for us with his height, but he will take time to get used to the more physical nature of the Premier League, his quick feet and speed will be an asset to us as well, and i look forward to seeing him play for us,