Franco Di Santo

EskWeston

I thought he did very well in his first apperance for the first team, without showing what he can REALLY do. What really came through from him in the performance yesterday was his positional sense, he pulls into great positions to try and score and could have had more goals.

He showed he can play with the first team. Next test for him is the Premier League, how will he play against their defences.

So far though so good

Agree. He was very good yesterday -and seems even bigger than last season. Scored in every game hes played , near enough ?

Agree. He was very good yesterday -and seems even bigger than last season. Scored in every game hes played , near enough ?

The lad knows where the goal is thats for sure, 7 goals in 8 games for the reserves last season. 1 in 1 for the first team so far. He can be very very good, and playing first team football with us at 19 can only make him better.

A very exciting prospect, also liked the look of Kalou and Anelka yesterday, maybe we can start seeing some production from our strikers this season....

He has scored in almost every game in a Chelsea Shirt. He seems to me like the "Ruud Van Nistelrooy" type of a striker. He is at the right place at the right time to put the ball in. He will develop even more as he continues to play with the senior squad.

First thing i thought of when i saw his movement and possitional sense in the first game was 'The new Hernan Crespo'. This guy could be a star if hes given the chance. You can tell that hes a natural born goal scorer. He doesnt drift outwide, he doesnt come too deep, hes always in the right place and where hes sposed to be.

He seems comfortable playing in our first team as Bluelion said. Argentine strikers. Maradona, Batistuta, Crespo. Is di Santo the next big Argentine Striker to be a force in Europe? i think so. Hope hes given the oppertunity to shine.

Edited by OllieCFC

He has certainly done everything he can possibly do. He came in as a young player and put in the reserves to basically get used to English football, and he did that with style, 7 goals in 8 games made everyone sit up and take notice. Now he has been given his chance with the first team and once again he done all he can do and scored on both his appearances so far.

Hopefully he will get his chances, because if he does he will certainly score goals...

I think we all agree he has the talent, but lets not get carried away here - di Santo is only young and is still learning his trade - would he get in the team ahead of Drogba, Anelka and Shevchenko?

Possibly.......

If he can keep into those scoring positions and creating chances and putting them away then i see no reason why he wouldn't. Obviously there is a huge question mark over his ability to be able to cope in the Premiership, and we will find out sooner or later if he can cope.

Time will tell, he is a gifted player with an excellant football brain, if he can cope with the nature of the premier league then i see no reason why he can't make plenty of appearances this season.

I think we all agree he has the talent, but lets not get carried away here - di Santo is only young and is still learning his trade - would he get in the team ahead of Drogba, Anelka and Shevchenko?

NO!!...Scolari has mentioned that although he is impressed with Di Santo, he feels that He is a striker for the Future and not the Present.

NO!!...Scolari has mentioned that although he is impressed with Di Santo, he feels that He is a striker for the Future and not the Present.

I don't think it was quite said in that way. Being 19 he is obviously one for the future, but i am sure he didn't say that he wasn't one for the present....

Not as a starter as yet, but i reckon he has better goalscorers insticts than Anelka and all the doubts about Shevchenko suggests to me that he'll get more action next season than expected. Anelka was excellent against that part time chinese version of Sheffield United but he was still drifting around and not posing a real goalscoring threat for the time he was on. If theres 15-20 mins to go and we're drawing or losing by the odd goal, Di Santo be great to bring on. 19 aint exactly that young. Look at Rooney and Ronaldo, they broke onto the scene at 16 & 17 respectively. They have shown what you can do if you get a chance and you have tallent. Luke young, Fabregas, Messi ..... the list could go on on. If hes good enough, hes good enough. End of.

Edited by OllieCFC

I don't think it was quite said in that way. Being 19 he is obviously one for the future, but i am sure he didn't say that he wasn't one for the present....

It was said but not in those precise words. Scolari said that "He is a new player who needs to learn from other players and play more games and trian more with us and we are starting to build a player for the future but now he is not ready to play for Chelsea. He is one option for the future.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0...1351839,00.html

It was said but not in those precise words. Scolari said that "He is a new player who needs to learn from other players and play more games and trian more with us and we are starting to build a player for the future but now he is not ready to play for Chelsea. He is one option for the future.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0...1351839,00.html

Scolari would not be playing the lad in pre season if he didn't think he could play some part next season. Regular starter next season? Of course not, but i am sure he will play his part in enough games and score quite a few goals for us.....

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...