• Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho was interviewed live on Soccer Saturday yesterday and reckons the United side aren't even training and they are just resting. Alluded to us having lots of time because of no European commitments but isn't that funny, he was the one managing us in the season we didn't get into Europe and flirted with the relegation zone.

I have to raise and hammer home this point again -

Lose just this 1 game, and Tottenham win just 1 game, and it's a 1 point difference between us. 

We had our posts earlier in the season of 'is this really good enough?' and some people (+me), being called stupid & spoiled for expecting more. Well I still do, and so I still am. Never should a team have 10x the riches, 10x the experience, 10x the manager yet fail to leave their pint-sized cousins in the dust. To not be up in arms about this is dangerous. Someone's head has to roll. Not good enough.

From the run we went on, matching a streak, to being the only team in Europe with a 10+ point lead, to this, to have slipped down to a neck-and-neck fight. Every other league winning team that goes on a run like we did wraps up the title a month and a half early. 

At this rate, if we win the league, it's the least triumphant Premier League title win since the competition started. If Tottenham win, it's a huge deal for them, but at the same time, City/United/Arsenal have all been woeful, Europe League-tier teams this season, and even they'll know that winning the title in the 2016/2017 season was a simple task. Which further illustrates that we've had nothing to go up against this season, no mighty teams at all, no truly underdog situations, but yet we are here, trying to fight hard just to stay 1st. 

To not demand better is to accept this is good enough; but this will not be good enough at all in the coming seasons with the teams around us building with more foresight than we use. There's no point in even going into how much superior the likes of Bayern, Juve & the top 2 in Spain are.

We're physically retarded & unable to reach our next level if next season we have Matic, Cahill, & Bats still here. They're not worthy of being bench players; they're the players who've genuinely cultivated the most mistrust in the squad, from Conte's lack of faith in Bats, to Cahill being an own-goal merchant with an addiction to backing off his man, to Matic either giving a 3.5 or 6.5 performance, you never know which you'll get. This lack of faith makes things tricky. Alonso & Moses can at least be trusted to have more good games than bad, as can Costa. 

With foresight, we can cut out the future and currently very subtle but growing cancers and be all the better for it, instead of focusing so deeply on fixing the smaller bruises we have (Costa, Terry, our fullbacks.) No team on the level we should aspire to be on would take any of Cahill, Matic or Bats - for free. It's sickening that we're clawing our way back to being a top team still, and the reason we're still crawling not there yet is because of the more subtle, but more important power-moves being completely ignored. We don't need more good players, we need less subpar players. There's no point putting the best icing in the world on an absolutely average-ass sponge.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Mourinho was interviewed live on Soccer Saturday yesterday and reckons the United side aren't even training and they are just resting. Alluded to us having lots of time because of no European commitments but isn't that funny, he was the one managing us in the season we didn't get into Europe and flirted with the relegation zone.

Yeah, but in his mind it was the fault of the players, the board and even fans. He's blameless :P What surprises me is that Jose has a lot of experience fighting on all fronts with little time to rest, is it different this season or is he just getting his excuses in early because other English teams aren't in Europe? He has been moaning like a loser this term instead of preaching like a winner like he used to and it shows in his players' attitudes and their league position.

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Yeah, but in his mind it was the fault of the players, the board and even fans. He's blameless :P What surprises me is that Jose has a lot of experience fighting on all fronts with little time to rest, is it different this season or is he just getting his excuses in early because other English teams aren't in Europe?

If he was a boxer he would run around the ring with his guard up for a full 12 rounds, then afterwards claim the opponent was a big bully.

I actually don't think they will win the Europa League either.

If he was a boxer he would run around the ring with his guard up for a full 12 rounds, then afterwards claim the opponent was a big bully.
I actually don't think they will win the Europa League either.

Mourinho sacked if they don't reach UCL?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, manpe said:

Yeah, but in his mind it was the fault of the players, the board and even fans. He's blameless :P What surprises me is that Jose has a lot of experience fighting on all fronts with little time to rest, is it different this season or is he just getting his excuses in early because other English teams aren't in Europe? He has been moaning like a loser this term instead of preaching like a winner like he used to and it shows in his players' attitudes and their league position.

It's because they are doing shit in the league and hugely underachieving he is spinning the narrative that its all down to fatigue. 

On 14/04/2017 at 2:27 PM, Jason said:

Think Conte will be cautious but I doubt he'll take a more defensive approach on Sunday. United don't play the same way and scare teams like Liverpool do and can.

I hope you're right. 

I'd take a draw.

Win our home games and draw our away games and there's nothing Crayon-Eater Kane and co can do about it.

15 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Funnily enough he's convinced some United fans to act like this as well. It's almost like a cult following. 

With us (second time Round) it was understandable because of the impact he's had on the club but I don't get why United fans are so up his backside. When I see some comments I cringe and think that was me as early as 18 months ago :lol: