• Hazard
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Know everyone's criticizing Costa and rightly so, but some others had shockers as well. I though Pedro was poor and I think that may have been David Luiz's worst performance this season. He lunged in seemingly 5 times trying to knick in front of a pass and completely missed it. Hazard was completely untouchable in the first half but then kind of went off the boil. Cesc didn't really do much in the second half either.

City game is unbelievably massive now. Win and I'll be confident we'll see the job out. Lose and I'll personally be very, very worried looking at Spuds' remaining fixtures and with Kane still to come back soon.

Would be hugely embarrassing to lose the title from where we were.

23 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Some of it is over the top from the usual suspects but what bothers me is if City win against Arsenal, it's all of a sudden a massive, massive game against them next for us. And there's no reason why they can't beat us. 

By this logic you could said one day ago that Crystal palace was a massive game, because "if we lost to Palace, and will face City with 'only' 7 points, then City might beat us, then the gap will be 4 points, then if x happen, and y happen....". 

Game against City is not more massive than other games. Gap is 7 points, if City win, gap will be 4 points, still a HUGE gap in such competitive run. We are not talking about a game where if City win, City will be one the top of the lague. The goal is not to maintain a 10 point gap, but to be at the top of the table at the end of the league. A 10 point gap means you can get bad results like this one against Palace AND lost to a difficult opponent like City, and still keep a more or less confortable lead.

Just now, Henrique said:

By this logic you could said one day ago that Crystal palace was a massive game, because "if we lost to Palace, and will face City with 'only' 7 points, then City might beat us, then the gap will be 4 points, then if x happen, and y happen....". 

Game against City is not more massive than other games. Gap is 7 points, if City win, gap will be 4 points, still a HUGE gap in such competitive run. We are not talking about a game where if City win, City will be one the top of the lague. The goal is not to maintain a 10 point gap, but to be at the top of the table at the end of the league. A 10 point gap means you can get bad results like this one against Palace AND lost to a difficult opponent like City, and still keep a more or less confortable lead.

City have players like Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling and Sane in their starting line-up. Matic is getting the run around by the likes of Puncheon. It's logical I'm a bit concerned they can beat us (and Arsenal who is in disarray). 

People seem to have forgotten that City gave us a runaround back at the Etihad Stadium. They should have won the game but we only won thanks to some clinical counter attacks and catastrophic defending from them. Palace rode their luck against us today and I think we're need to do the same in some ways on Wednesday.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Know everyone's criticizing Costa and rightly so, but some others had shockers as well. I though Pedro was poor and I think that may have been David Luiz's worst performance this season. He lunged in seemingly 5 times trying to knick in front of a pass and completely missed it. Hazard was completely untouchable in the first half but then kind of went off the boil. Cesc didn't really do much in the second half either.

Do people really expect Pedro to do well at WB? Yeah, he scored a few goals from that position in the FA Cup but he's never fully convinced and was even given the runaround by Wolves. Asking him to do it in the Premier League, even at home, is suicidal, especially against the likes of Zaha, Puncheon etc. And not to mention, it was so awkward watching him trying to beat players from wide areas. Said this from last season, he's never looked comfortable when asked to do. Surprised Conte didn't play Willian at WB instead.

Just now, Jason said:

Do people really expect Pedro to do well at WB? Yeah, he scored a few goals from that position in the FA Cup but he's never fully convinced and was even given the runaround by Wolves. Asking him to do it in the Premier League, even at home, is suicidal, especially against the likes of Zaha, Puncheon etc. And not to mention, it was so awkward watching him trying to beat players from wide areas. Said this from last season, he's never looked comfortable when asked to do. Surprised Conte didn't play Willian at WB instead.

Not his defending as a wing back I'm criticizing. He really wasn't troubled much in that respect since we on the front foot nearly the entire 90. It's the fact that he got in to promising position after promising position and didn't deliver. Don't remember him even having a go at goal either.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Not his defending as a wing back I'm criticizing. He really wasn't troubled much in that respect since we on the front foot nearly the entire 90. It's the fact that he got in to promising position after promising position and didn't deliver. Don't remember him even having a go at goal either.

Like I said, do you expect him to perform better while playing at WB? As one of the front 3 attackers, he doesn't really have to beat players and can focus on linking up and finishing chances. It's a different story altogether when playing him at WB - he's had to constantly beat players (which is not his strength) and stay out wide as opposed to coming inside and playing to his strengths.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

...And having a different Costa to the one we are having now.

Costa plays a key part in our games and he hasn't been the same since China.

Things change. Just because we beat City then when we looked invincible, doesn't mean it's routine especially when some individuals are not the same since we last met City.

Just hope Hazard turns up again on Wednesday because he is critical.

The whole team needs to turn up, not just Hazard. We won't beat City if we only 2-3 players on their game and the rest go AWOL.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Like I said, do you expect him to perform better while playing at WB? As one of the front 3 attackers, he doesn't really have to beat players and can focus on linking up and finishing chances. It's a different story altogether when playing him at WB - he's had to constantly beat players (which is not his strength) and stay out wide as opposed to coming inside and playing to his strengths.

He was essentially a winger today. Similar job today as he normally has. He was forward most of the time and only had a bit of defending to do which he has done most matches anyways. Don't think it was his position that was the issue today. Just that he wasn't decisive enough when he got into great positions.

This is the reason someone like Sanchez would take us to a whole new level. He'd have scored 3 today if he were in some of the positions we were in.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

He was essentially a winger today. Similar job today as he normally has. He was forward most of the time and only had a bit of defending to do which he has done most matches anyways. Don't think it was his position that was the issue today. Just that he wasn't decisive enough when he got into great positions.

This is the reason someone like Sanchez would take us to a whole new level. He'd have scored 3 today if he were in some of the positions we were in.

Disagree. He's more like an inside forward when playing at the front - less focus on creating, more on linking up and finishing. Bloody different to when his task is primarily to create from wide areas.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

4 league defeats this season. All 4 in London. Weird...

+

Palace hadn't picked up a point and scored a goal in a London derby this season before today...