Alex Sandro

iceboy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MefiX19 said:

Same shit happened with Koulibaly and Stones. At the end we will end up with some left back from russian premier league and look for another one next summer

I understand the frustration, but I can't really blame the board for Koulibaly and Stones, they tried everything to sign them, same with Sandro if I was to believe media about our bids.

9 minutes ago, Sh0n3x said:

I understand the frustration, but I can't really blame the board for Koulibaly and Stones, they tried everything to sign them, same with Sandro if I was to believe media about our bids.

It wasn't so much not signing them, it was that we had no contingency plan once they fell through. Who was plan B for Stones? Plan B for Koulibaly was Luiz but we were lucky that he forced the move on deadline day after a couple of weeks of stuffing around. Who our alternative to Sandro? We have left it so late in the window to find someone.

4 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

It wasn't so much not signing them, it was that we had no contingency plan once they fell through. Who was plan B for Stones? Plan B for Koulibaly was Luiz but we were lucky that he forced the move on deadline day after a couple of weeks of stuffing around. Who our alternative to Sandro? We have left it so late in the window to find someone.

Agreed.  Stones, Koulibaly and now Sandro, it's not that we didn't try.  It's that we kept on going even when it was clear that it wasn't going to happen to the detriment of getting anyone else in.  plan B for Stones was Djilobodji.  Which is what happens when you beat your head against the wall for 2 months then focus somewhere else at the last minute.

37 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Agreed.  Stones, Koulibaly and now Sandro, it's not that we didn't try.  It's that we kept on going even when it was clear that it wasn't going to happen to the detriment of getting anyone else in.  plan B for Stones was Djilobodji.  Which is what happens when you beat your head against the wall for 2 months then focus somewhere else at the last minute.

I am 100% sure that if we stopped early, fans would get angry and say we didn't try hard enough :D

And to be honest, there wasn't really attractive CBs to bring beside them. And do take into consideration that at the time we had Zouma (I know he was injured), Christensen and Ake, so not really good to bring players just for the sake of it.

I guess we can't take a hint. Their hierarchy said he wasn't for sale, Allegri said there's no chance he leaves, and the player has kicked up no fuss and has played throughout their preseason and opening match with no problems. 

Wish we would stop wasting our time chasing a ghost and go just as hard after the next best option as we seem to be with Sandro.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I guess we can't take a hint. Their hierarchy said he wasn't for sale, Allegri said there's no chance he leaves, and the player has kicked up no fuss and has played throughout their preseason and opening match with no problems. 

Wish we would stop wasting our time chasing a ghost and go just as hard after the next best option as we seem to be with Sandro.

Agreed.  It's clear that he's not fussed to leave.  He hasn't handed in a transfer request or made any noise whatsoever.  

Should have probably moved on a few weeks ago.

I agree its long past the point where we should have moved on. but one tiny counter point that bugs me is he hasnt signed the improved contract at Juve, what is he waiting for? Until he does we will always think we have hope. Their current mini civil war in the club surely has some players thinking and they ARE working on Spinazzola coming home. Our history gives us no indication we can get this deal done but there is a sliver of hope when looking at the big picture. 

I don't understand people stating we should move on. Negotiations won't be happening solely for Sandro, we will be looking at other targets too.  However, Sandro seems to be our no.1 target and that's the reason we aren't going to just sign any other LB if we can force Sandro/Juve's hand/s. It's all well and good saying going after others, but unless they're going to be good enough to start ahead of Alonso we're only spending money on a LB on Alonso's level. 

18 minutes ago, the wes said:

Did allegri not say the same about pogba last season?

Pogba wanted to go and return to the club he had unfinished business at. Plus United probably tripled his wages.

Sandro seems pretty content there and doesn't seem to want to leave.

I wonder if his agent is telling them he wants to come but he doesn't want to submit a transfer request. You lose the loyalty bonus once you do that, right?

I reckon if he does come it will be as last resort deadline day transfer request.

According to @PipeSierraR on twitter we have made a massive bid for Sandro of 80m Euros, He also reported yesterday of our offer for OX and the City/Alexis link. Probably not too reliable but we certainly are still trying hard for Sandro. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You