Chelsea v West Brom

Jase

It's imperative that we win our next 5 games. We have Spurs (a), Leicester (a), Hull (h), Liverpool (a) and Arsenal (h) from early Jan till early Feb. Can't afford to drop any silly points before then if we are to challenge for the title or make sure we finish in the top 4 at the very least.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well IF we do change from the 3-4-3 at any time we are going to need to use other formations. I just think this time after Shitty SHOULD be our easiest time at least on paper.

AND for a start Ithink its time Cahill was benched cause hes becoming a liability specially on same side of pitch as Alonso

And I reckon the lineup would work well. Ceccy behind those 2 would get all the time in the world feeding those three.

Well, Liverpool blew a late two goal lead at Bournemouth to lose 4-3. Keeps them four points back, so our win over City pushes both City and Liverpool 4 points behind us with Arsenal 3 points back in second. Another nice weekend! :D

Need to keep up the momentum in this one vs WBA. Anyone got an injury update on Matic, Pedro or Costa? Costa looked like hamstring issues on the pitch, but not sure.

I thought Fabregas played ok yesterday and if Matic is out again would not have an issue with Cesc back in the XI vs WBA. We know Cesc can be a defensive liability, but did not think he hurt us yesterday. We covered for him. He had a superb pass to Costa for the first Chelsea goal.

Willian looked really off his game for the most part. He warmed to the task and had a great run and finish for goal number two. I would still favor a healthy Pedro here.

Keeping with the injury theme, is Zouma ready to return? This might be one for him to see some late action.

Come on you Chelsea!!

One more random thought to wrap up this weekend.

I love this team! From the coach, tactics, attacking prowess, the heart and determination of the players, on and on. 

We just won the PL title 19 months ago, but this team is reminiscent of the first half of that title year and MORE.

Yeah, we still need upgrades, like LB, but everyone is laying it on the line each week. Need some good signings the next two windows to compete in CL, but this team is fun. It has been a long time since the team has played consistently for weeks so well.

Love these guys!!

Come on you Chelsea!!

1 hour ago, Mana said:

West Brom is not an easy game. There are no easy games in the PL. Always play 110% against opponents, even if it's at Stamford Bridge. We have a 4 point gap, let's maintain (or better, increase) it.

Yeah agree can't go into the game with the already won/be easy attitude which don't think they will whereas in the past hasn't seemed that way. should be simple but they do have a habit of being annoying at times. beat the on paper harder sides then drop against the less looking ones.

Hopefully can make it 12 though :-D 

As we see with the results across the league every week there is no "easy" week. However I have found that with Conte leading the squad I am far less nervous against lesser opponents. He keeps the players too focused to let up. Anything less than a W will be massively disappointing. I think a 2-0 or 3-0 will be the result. He wont allow a big game hangover and being at home in front of a charged up crowd will help.  

16 minutes ago, magic weeds said:

Do we really have a replacement for MOSES? He will be off to African Cup of Nations in January. 

A long forgotten joke. He wont go to AFCON because Nigeria didn't qualify.