Chelsea v West Brom

Jase

57 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm more worried about West Brom than I was about Spurs. At least we knew what to expect with them. West Brom may play like the old Pulis thugs who park the bus or they may come out and actually try to play football like they have on this little run of theirs.

This is a classic trap game where everyone expects us to win comfortably but is very dangerous. They'll likely target Cahill by putting Rondon on him and lumping it up to him at every opportunity. If he isn't switched on the whole time West Brom will find joy.

This is Tony Pulis we're talking about. He'll definitely come and set up defensively and hope to pinch a goal from a set piece. I'll be very surprised if he goes on the attack. He may have done that of late but people seem to have ignored the fact that they played some average/poor sides - Burnley, Hull, Watford etc. Before that for instance, they lost to Liverpool and Man City. Our biggest challenge tomorrow is to make sure we avoid any complacency. As long as our focus is right and we switch on mentally, we'll win this. Conte certainly isn't a manager who will allow his players to rest on their laurels.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I swear to god...you're taking the piss with that comment! :middlefinger::rant:

I tell you fam, my hatred for City knows no bounds. But when a 'rival' like Arsenal has been this irrelevant for this long... it's hard to take that joke of a club seriously. 

Honest question, who you more afraid of come spring, City or Arsenal? It's a no brainer for me man. Arsenal are like the only club in past 10 years (or something like that) to be top come the new year and still bottle it. Imo, the sooner City are knocked down a peg, the better. They even beat the champs Leicester Home & Away last year too :lol:

1 minute ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Honest question, who you more afraid of come spring, City or Arsenal? It's a no brainer for me man. Arsenal are like the only club in past 10 years (or something like that) to be top come the new year and still bottle it. Imo, the sooner City are knocked down a peg, the better. They even beat the champs Leicester Home & Away last year too

City obviously but sooner or later, Arsenal will rid themselves of that bottler tag and who knows? It might be this season if we aren't careful. Even though it's normal of them to be at the top around this time of the season, it's somewhat unusual that they are dropping less points than usual. Or maybe that's just me. :lol:

Just now, Jason said:

City obviously but sooner or later, Arsenal will rid themselves of that bottler tag and who knows? It might be this season if we aren't careful. Even though it's normal of them to be at the top around this time of the season, it's somewhat unusual that they are dropping less points than usual. Or maybe that's just me. :lol:

No they certainly aren't dropping points. There unbeaten since opening day. They've been on a tear.  But until they're hoisting that trophy on the final day, they will always be "same old Arsenal" in my eyes. 

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is Tony Pulis we're talking about. He'll definitely come and set up defensively and hope to pinch a goal from a set piece. I'll be very surprised if he goes on the attack. He may have done that of late but people seem to have ignored the fact that they played some average/poor sides - Burnley, Hull, Watford etc. Before that for instance, they lost to Liverpool and Man City. Our biggest challenge tomorrow is to make sure we avoid any complacency. As long as our focus is right and we switch on mentally, we'll win this. Conte certainly isn't a manager who will allow his players to rest on their laurels.

Maybe he did his homework and watched how we struggle against pressing. He'll probably pack the midfield and test it out from the start. See if he can rattle our boys. If we get an early goal he'll have them back to playing defensively, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have a go from the beginning.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Maybe he did his homework and watched how we struggle against pressing. He'll probably pack the midfield and test it out from the start. See if he can rattle our boys. If we get an early goal he'll have them back to playing defensively, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have a go from the beginning.

Spurs and City doing it is one thing but West Brom doing it is another. They might have a go at the beginning and since this is Tony Pulis, I doubt they would keep it going for 90 minutes. I'm sure they would also be wary of our threat going forward (you worry too much! and great...now I sound like an overconfident bastard. Thanks a lot, Pizy!).

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Spurs and City doing it is one thing but West Brom doing it is another. They might have a go at the beginning and since this is Tony Pulis, I doubt they would keep it going for 90 minutes. I'm sure they would also be wary of our threat going forward (you worry too much! and great...now I sound like an overconfident bastard. Thanks a lot, Pizy!).

I'm not really worried about them when it comes to scoring. I'm more hoping they don't frustrate the fuck out of our attacking players and stifle us to a boring scoreless draw. My wish is that Conte has us on the attack from the opening whistle and we dominate possession. Don't even allow them to think they can get anything from this match.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm not really worried about them when it comes to scoring. I'm more hoping they don't frustrate the fuck out of our attacking players and stifle us to a boring scoreless draw. My wish is that Conte has us on the attack from the opening whistle and we dominate possession. Don't even allow them to think they can get anything from this match.

Same.. And if its goalless at 55th min, i want Batshuayi & Cesc (if he doesn't start) brought on by the 60th min. 

Before this run, Conte had a habit of making subs maaaaaad late. Gotta go for the jugular, especially because playing at home. 

18 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Same.. And if its goalless at 55th min, i want Batshuayi & Cesc (if he doesn't start) brought on by the 60th min. 

Before this run, Conte had a habit of making subs maaaaaad late. Gotta go for the jugular, especially because playing at home. 

I agree Fabregas is a game changer with his perfect passes and his passing can unlock any back four 

It's imperative we win tomorrow, City lost That's a huge opportunity to increase the gap to 7 points. our best case scenario if we manage to win our next 5 fixtures against WBA, Sunderland, Palace, Bournemouth, Stoke,t's extremely doable, while Arsenal, City and Liverpool drop points. Imagine we win our next two fixtures while Arsenal draws Everton away, and lose to City away, and Liverpool drawing or losing against a stubborn Boro away, that'll leave us 7 points off of City, 8 points off of Arsenal ( if they draw against Everton and lose against city) and  6-7 points off of Liverpool ( if they draw Middlesbrough), one can only dream. plus Mustafi is out for the next 4 weeks, hope he is okay, but that's massive blow to Arsenal, and a massive boast to us, Come on U Blues !!

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Hmm dunno, this (like every game I guess, lol) has the potential to be one of those frustrating days where we miss a bucketload of chances and then they score with their one and only attempt. Hopefully not though and we make it 9 wins in a row.