Andrea Belotti

Captain Ahmed

Andrea Belotti  

75 members have voted

1. 1. According to you,Andrea Belotti to Chelsea? For or against that

• Yes, I am for that
    • No,I am against that

He looks more and more like an ideal striker for Conte. I can see us going for him in the summer regardless if Diego Costa moves.

I'm interested to hear opinion from @OhForAGreavsie about this player's technical quality. 

12 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

He looks more and more like an ideal striker for Conte. I can see us going for him in the summer regardless if Diego Costa moves.

I'm interested to hear opinion from @OhForAGreavsie about this player's technical quality. 

Someone made the point recently that Belotti is not yet proven.That's true but it's a question timing. If you wait until a player establishes himself there's a risk that the number of interested clubs will grow and that he might be taken by a team higher up the food chain. There comes a point therefore where you have to back your judgement. My own opinion is that this is a player worth investing a lot of money in. If our club tries to get ahead of the game and beat the rush for Belotti's signature, then I would be 100% behind that decision.

I think his technical level is high, far higher than Diego's for example. It is very unlikely that the club would want to part with Diego but if our centre forward chooses to force the issue, then Belotti tops the list of potential replacements as far as I am concerned. Only in the areas of leadership and will to win would I rate Diego more highly than the young Italian. Those qualities are important and should not be dismissed, but I would not let them deter me from pursuing this player. In any case, Belotti may well have those. He certainly has a fire in his belly, and that is usually where those things begin.

14 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Someone made the point recently that Belotti is not yet proven.That's true but it's a question timing. If you wait until a player establishes himself there's a risk that the number of interested clubs will grow and that he might be taken by a team higher up the food chain. There comes a point therefore where you have to back your judgement. My own opinion is that this is a player worth investing a lot of money in. If our club tries to get ahead of the game and beat the rush for Belotti's signature, then I would be 100% behind that decision.

I think his technical level is high, far higher than Diego's for example. It is very unlikely that the club would want to part with Diego but if our centre forward chooses to force the issue, then Belotti tops the list of potential replacements as far as I am concerned. Only in the areas of leadership and will to win would I rate Diego more highly than the young Italian. Those qualities are important and should not be dismissed, but I would not let them deter me from pursuing this player. In any case, Belotti may well have those. He certainly has a fire in his belly, and that is usually where those things begin.

I believe i was the one that made that point, but don't misunderstand me, we should sign him if we can, what i said is that he is not the best option to immediatly replace Costa if he leaves, the arguably most important player of our team, we should aim for a established WC player like Aubameyang, but i'm all in for Belotti coming along.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably Bayern then

Chelsea suffer setback as prolific marksman with £86m release clause in talks with European rivals

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2017/02/17/chelsea-suffer-setback-as-prolific-marksman-with-86m-release-clause-in-talks-with-european-rivals/

On 17/02/2017 at 10:27 AM, Unionjack said:

Probably Bayern then

Chelsea suffer setback as prolific marksman with £86m release clause in talks with European rivals

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2017/02/17/chelsea-suffer-setback-as-prolific-marksman-with-86m-release-clause-in-talks-with-european-rivals/

For 86M he can go elsewhere

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2017 at 0:43 AM, nyikolajevics said:

I like Lukaku, Lacazette and Icardi a lot but if Costa departs I would go for this guy for sure.. He is so much like Diego.. World class, no doubt.

I agree with you but those 100m rumours are ridiculous. He is nowhere near europe proven except for serie a where 37 year old Toni score 22 goals. 

I agree with you but those 100m rumours are ridiculous. He is nowhere near europe proven except for serie a where 37 year old Toni score 22 goals. 

It's just the owner talking. I expect a £50m max to be enough to sign him. In regards to the score stat; Serie A isn't a walk in the park that some still believe to be the case.

• 7 minute Hattrick today after his side going down 1-0 .. first player to reach 20 goals this season in Serie A. Has the tools to be successful in the Prem I believe. If Diego were to leave my definite vote for replacement.

38 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I think this guy is a gamble we have to take. He looks like a poacher of the highest order.

I dont know enough about him to say whether I'd like him here or not.

But as far as buying a poacher/predator we already have one of the best in the world dont we? In a 1 striker system we need our backup to give us another option to goto.

So dont we need someone who will bring summet to us Diegos not the best at? Technique! His link ups, 1st touchs, holding the ball and not know when to pass,someone who can dribble thru players.

We need someone in the 1st team like this too alongside Eden/Diego.

7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I dont know enough about him to say whether I'd like him here or not.

But as far as buying a poacher/predator we already have one of the best in the world dont we? In a 1 striker system we need our backup to give us another option to goto.

So dont we need someone who will bring summet to us Diegos not the best at? Technique! His link ups, 1st touchs, holding the ball and not know when to pass,someone who can dribble thru players.

We need someone in the 1st team like this too alongside Eden/Diego.

I think the feeling is Diego won't be with us next season after this summer although recent talks look good. If we were to replace him Belotti is a very good option has very good hold up play can pass decently and more importantly attacks everything in the box on the ground and in the air.

1 minute ago, bluesman2610 said:

I think the feeling is Diego won't be with us next season after this summer although recent talks look good. If we were to replace him Belotti is a very good option has very good hold up play can pass decently and more importantly attacks everything in the box on the ground and in the air.

I really dont see him going anywhere.

Would he work/be upgrade in RW? Cause way I see it Conte wont go with a 352 so I think he will go with someone like Llorente whether we like it or not. (He can score in the PL tho which is always good) So if we made a big upgrade on RW with more of a striker (yes I know Pedros good and direct) like Lukaku,Sanchez it would basically give us a 3 striker system all roaming and swapping places. Nobody would know who to mark.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I really dont see him going anywhere.

Would he work/be upgrade in RW? Cause way I see it Conte wont go with a 352 so I think he will go with someone like Llorente whether we like it or not. (He can score in the PL tho which is always good) So if we made a big upgrade on RW with more of a striker (yes I know Pedros good and direct) like Lukaku,Sanchez it would basically give us a 3 striker system all roaming and swapping places. Nobody would know who to mark.

If Diego was not already a Blue; if he and Belotti were just potential transfer targets, I'd choose Belotti for sure. For me the Italian is easily the more talented footballer. Since that's not the choice facing Antonio, since he, and we, know that Diego's talismanic personality adds massively to his overall contribution, the balance tips back towards Diego.

If our centre forward should choose to leave however, I'd be less unhappy about it than I might be if we get Belotti as the replacement.

18 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If Diego was not already a Blue; if he and Belotti were just potential transfer targets, I'd choose Belotti for sure. For me the Italian is easily the more talented footballer. Since that's not the case, since we know that Diego's personality and talismanic effect adds massively to his overall contribution, the prospect of deliberately swapping him for someone else is scary. If he should choose to leave however, I hope we'll look at Belotti as the replacement.

Thats interesting then

So even with him unproven in the PL and Diego is you would still go for him?

Ive looked around and cant see yhat hes been utilized as RW which I think wold be of more benifit to us if we are looking for a marqee trpe player but he does have good skills that would prob help us like being good in the air and strong defensively. Tho he seems to give away alot of fouls.

Could he play a free roaming RW like Eden does?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You