Captain Ahmed

Andrea Belotti  

75 members have voted

1. 1. According to you,Andrea Belotti to Chelsea? For or against that

• Yes, I am for that
    • No,I am against that

8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Thats interesting then

So even with him unproven in the PL and Diego is you would still go for him?

Ive looked around and cant see yhat hes been utilized as RW which I think wold be of more benifit to us if we are looking for a marqee trpe player but he does have good skills that would prob help us like being good in the air and strong defensively. Tho he seems to give away alot of fouls.

Could he play a free roaming RW like Eden does?

No, knowing what we do about Diego, I'd stick with him. If Diego was still at Atleti however, then, just on my assessment of their talent, I'd be more excited about the possibility of signing Belotti.

I agree with you that upgrading at RW is a higher priority but I don't see Belotti as being a good contributor in that role. In fact I think it'd be a waste putting him there. I don't think we need to change up top unless Diego himself chooses to go. If he does go then Belotti is the replacement I want.

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I dont know enough about him to say whether I'd like him here or not.

But as far as buying a poacher/predator we already have one of the best in the world dont we? In a 1 striker system we need our backup to give us another option to goto.

So dont we need someone who will bring summet to us Diegos not the best at? Technique! His link ups, 1st touchs, holding the ball and not know when to pass,someone who can dribble thru players.

We need someone in the 1st team like this too alongside Eden/Diego.

he is definitely a poacher type but he is also excellent in the air. He wins a lot of duels and his determination is really high. 

2 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

This fella is amazing and absolutely worth 100m, if Chokemann is on the same price.

Get this lad signed up Antonio! If Costa moves, this guy is our best bet. 

Just curious, how many outstanding seasons has he had so far? I'm checking his stats throughout the years (not a lot because he's young) and this seems like his first truly worldie season. If that's the case then 100 mill, not to mention the ridiculous 130-150 mill being quoted by newspapers is laughable. You pay that kind of money only for players who have established themselves as more than one season wonders, bringing world class performances throughout a few years at least. If 100m is the new norm for up and coming players who haven't achieved anything and have everything to prove, then football has really turned to shit in terms of money. In a few years we'll be paying 1 billion for truly established wc players.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Just curious, how many outstanding seasons has he had so far? I'm checking his stats throughout the years (not a lot because he's young) and this seems like his first truly worldie season. If that's the case then 100 mill, not to mention the ridiculous 130-150 mill being quoted by newspapers is laughable. You pay that kind of money only for players who have established themselves as more than one season wonders, bringing world class performances throughout a few years at least. If 100m is the new norm for up and coming players who haven't achieved anything and have everything to prove, then football has really turned to shit in terms of money. In a few years we'll be paying 1 billion for truly established wc players.

Bro, the future cannot be predicted. He could have a killer next season score thirty-plus goals and we'll think 'why the fuck wasn't he bought?' or he could score one goal and we'd think 'dodge a bullet here, lads!'. It's all a big gamble, no matter how proven or unproven a player is. Messi could flop, his leg could get kicked with his shin going two ways during the first minute of his debut.

We could look at his career on a whole and examine how he scores. Are all his goals impressive? Even when he only scored six for Palermo two years ago? Were they tap-ins created by players better than him? Who were they against? Home or away? Sub or start? Loss or win? Winning goal or meaningless add on? The context really adds to how we understand a player. I'd easily take a young player that scored six winning goals over another that just smacks them during 5-0 victories. 

Bro, the future cannot be predicted. He could have a killer next season score thirty-plus goals and we'll think 'why the fuck wasn't he bought?' or he could score one goal and we'd think 'dodge a bullet here, lads!'. It's all a big gamble, no matter how proven or unproven a player is. Messi could flop, his leg could get kicked with his shin going two ways during the first minute of his debut.
We could look at his career on a whole and examine how he scores. Are all his goals impressive? Even when he only scored six for Palermo two years ago? Were they tap-ins created by players better than him? Who were they against? Home or away? Sub or start? Loss or win? Winning goal or meaningless add on? The context really adds to how we understand a player. I'd easily take a young player that scored six winning goals over another that just smacks them during 5-0 victories. 

At least with proven players you know what you are gambling with. Investing over 100m, a large chunk of your budget on an unproven product is just reckless business. He's even not nearly that marketable to justify such money. Ridiculous prices being quoted and if it came through the market would be fucked for good.

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

At least with proven players you know what you are gambling with. Investing over 100m, a large chunk of your budget on an unproven product is just reckless business. He's even not nearly that marketable to justify such money. Ridiculous prices being quoted and if it came through the market would be fucked for good.

Only three players in the world are marketable, the rest are literal nobodies. The market is already fucked and has been since the Gareth Bale transfer.

Only two players in the world are marketable, the rest are literal nobodies. The market is already fucked and has been since the Gareth Bale transfer.

Okay, so I take it you would agree to pay 100 million or more for Belotti? Even if it meant we lose out on another player or two who would improve our squad? Not to mention the indirect consequences of making such purchases normal, like rising ticket prices for example.

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

Okay, so I take it you would agree to pay 100 million or more for Belotti? Even if it meant we lose out on another player or two who would improve our squad? Not to mention the indirect consequences of making such purchases normal, like rising ticket prices for example.

It's not my choice on how the club makes transfers and I don't know much about the finances of the club, I think it's abhorrent that player contracts are sold to begin with. I don't go to games and if I did, I'd be more concerned about the ticket costs of flying to and staying in London over a few more £££ of gate prices.

I'd like to see evidence of the correlation between 'inflated transfer prices' and 'inflated ticket costs' because right now that is purely conjecture. I won't believe 'boogeyman' ramifications without evidence.

Too be honest, I can't give a damn on who the club spends it's money on. Not my money so.

But I do rate Belotti highly. Still young and has more potential than he's currently showing. This guy is going to be Italy's new #9 and I hope our new #9 who's actually succesfull with that number.

48 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I aint got a clue whats gonna happen with him but gotta say a 8 min hat tricks pertty impressive innit??

And dont Torino look young.

Love goals like his 2nd one.

Torino is shit. Belotti is carrying that team on his own.

But they have Joe Hart in goal so...he has to work extra hard lol. 

• 3 weeks later...

Andrea Belotti has told the press, "I want to stay at Toro." The 23-year-old, who has scored 22 goals in Serie A this season said: "I dedicate it to my fans, for I am staying," after playing in Italy's 2-0 win over Albania in Palermo. (Tuttosport) 

• 2 weeks later...

Rumours continue to have us scouting him, I would much prefer Belotti to Lukaku/Morata but its totally a personal reason.

Could you imagine a front 3 of Hazard, Belotti, Sanchez? every one offers something truly different and together would be absolutely devastating. Might be a long shot and clearly we are being linked with Lukaku but I dream of the Rooster!

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/andrea-belotti-torino-23-year-old-striker-who-grabbing-right-eyeballs

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You