Corentin Tolisso

Captain Ahmed

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bluephoenix said:

I think there was some interest from us but we weren't too serious?

for the price that Bayern got him I think it was a bad miss for us given that our options for strikers in the market isn't all too great. Tolisso would have made a great addition ( assuming the Lukaku is coming to Chelsea) If not we are seriously in trouble with Costa hitting the exit doors and we don't have a reliable striker.

Tolisso is not a striker, he is a central midfielder.

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

With 41m euros price, he is the most expensive player Bayern ever bought.

Its amazing how they keep at the top of europe with paying so "little" in times when Stones costs 50m. 

On another note, if we prefer Bakayoko, Im all for it, but if we were just outbid by Bayern, thats a massive failure for us. Ligue 1 players loved to play for Chelsea for over past 10 years now. We could never compete for the very best players, but if we lose battles for promising players like from french league, then we are doing something wrong.

They have a weird monopoly in the German league, always getting players on the cheap, even from rivals. Still can't believe they managed to steal guys like Hummels, Lewandowski etc. Would never happen in the PL. it's embarrassing. 

11 hours ago, Fernando said:

It seems we are doing things wrong. 

We are not learning from the past few seasons and continue to drag our feet. 

Don't think Conte will take too much of this for any longer. 

The difference between Antonio and you in this regard is that he knows what is happening so he is spared the temptation to imagine the worst. What's more he knows why things are progressing as they are. Again, no need for guesswork. People with information don't get frustrated as quickly as those without it.

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

They have a weird monopoly in the German league, always getting players on the cheap, even from rivals. Still can't believe they managed to steal guys like Hummels, Lewandowski etc. Would never happen in the PL. it's embarrassing. 

I think it's because the PL is richest league in the world and PL clubs can hold out to crazy fees for their players and teams aboard see pound signs when an English club after one their players for example Sunderland made £93m for being bottom of the PL Real Madrid made £80m winning the CL  

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The difference between Antonio and you in this regard is that he knows what is happening so he is spared the temptation to imagine the worst. What's more he knows why things are progressing as they are. Again, no need for guesswork. People with information don't get frustrated as quickly as those without it.

Well Metro already reporting what I been saying. 

The club has lost ambition. 

They are dragging their feet while clubs like Everton are doing deal.....

14 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Well Metro already reporting what I been saying. 

The club has lost ambition. 

They are dragging their feet while clubs like Everton are doing deal.....

Lost ambition, I don't believe for one moment. If, I say if, the club is intentionally restricting its transfer spend, it will be for reasons other than lack of ambition.

33 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Lost ambition, I don't believe for one moment. If, I say if, the club is intentionally restricting its transfer spend, it will be for reasons other than lack of ambition.

And if they are restricting their spend then they must not expect the team to do well. 

That is lost ambition. 

Get like Arsenal where they got happy with top 4 and thus did not spend much. 

17 hours ago, Fernando said:

And if they are restricting their spend then they must not expect the team to do well. 

That is lost ambition. 

Get like Arsenal where they got happy with top 4 and thus did not spend much. 

Roman is not Stan Kroenke. The thrill of the game, the glory of the victorious campaigns; that's what he's in it for. Kroenke can only drag himself to The FA Cup Final because it happens to coincide with a board meeting*; our owner gets himself down to Cobham at the crack of dawn on winter mornings to watch our youth team train. Not even play mind you, train.

I repeat, if the club is restricting spending then they are doing it for a good reason. Or at least one which seems good to them.

*Well maybe he set the board meeting deliberately to coincide with the final, I don't know, but you take my point.

I think we need to wait until at least mid July, If the Nike sponsorship is holding up announcing we will find out. Id expect Lukaku and Bakayoko to be announced before mid July IF that is really the reason. If nobody is announced by then, we might have a reason to start grumbling. 

27 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Roman is not Stan Kroenke. The thrill of the game, the glory of the victorious campaigns; that's what he's in it for. Kroenke can only drag himself to The FA Cup final because it happens to coincide with a board meeting*; our owner gets himself down to Cobham at the crack of dawn on winter mornings to watch our youth team train. Train mind you, not play. I repeat, if the club is restricting spending then they are doing it for a good reason. Or at least one which seems good to them.

*Well maybe he set the board meeting deliberately to coincide with the final, I don't know, but you take my point.

I'm not sure what's actually going on but I do believe we will have to break our previous transfer record(50m) at least three times this window in order to improve and in some cases to maintain the status quo.  Seems very strange the last few years, we haven't spent more than 33m for a player. I agree with you though if this is some sort of restriction, I have no doubt the club have good reason.

On 6/14/2017 at 4:11 PM, nyikolajevics said:

Tolisso is not a striker, he is a central midfielder.

oops I knew he was a CM but when I did a search for someother striker and Google suggested Tolisso I thought maybe I was wrong. I guess i mistook the suggestion to mean something else.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

This praised messiah is producing a turnovers galore vs liverpool. At fault for a goal inside the first 6 mins.

And james has been poor on the wing throughout preseason as well

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You