Corentin Tolisso

Captain Ahmed

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

I have no idea who this player is but i we cannot get him and Babayako we are failing with our transfers massively yet again.

It sure does seems like it for now. 

I wonder if we will panic buy again like last summer. 

6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I wonder if we will panic buy again like last summer. 

It's only june and your talking about panic buying already lol I know where your coming from it feels like we going have 2015/16 summer buying players if the chelsea  board don't act now there won't be any good players to sign 

2 hours ago, Rapkun said:

Same source said Ancelotti called him personally to get him to join. I'm not quite sure we put the same effort in trying to sign him unfortunately.

Give me some evidence which supports your feeling. If we want a player, why would you doubt that we will try to convince him to join?

It's just a basic tactic to have the manager speak to transfer targets. Imagining that our managers don't do it, is akin to me thinking you can't count up to ten. I may have some crazy agenda which is suited by casting you as an inumerate idiot but that wouldn't make it true. In fact thinking that would say more about me than it would say about you.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Give me some evidence which supports your feeling. If we want a player, why would you doubt that we will try to convince him to join?

It's just a basic tactic to have the manager speak to transfer targets. Imagining that our managers don't do it, is akin to me thinking you can't count up to ten. I may have some crazy agenda which is suited by casting you as an inumerate idiot but that wouldn't make it true. In fact thinking that would say more about me than it would say about you.

What was reported is: Chelsea grows tired of negotiations with Bakayoko because of a big number of intermediaries. A meeting with Lyon's president and chelsea's representatives is held. Meeting probably happened at the request of Lyon who are interested in Traore (Lacazette potential replacement). During the meeting Chelsea asks about Tolisso and Lyon expresses an interest in Zouma. There was no further details about Tolisso but it was said Zouma would not make a decision about his future yet. According to reports thats all Chelsea did, ask about Tolisso's situation.

1 hour ago, quickpassnmove said:

If this kid is potentially a better version of M. Dembele (spurs), then why are Chelsea fartin' about with the transfer?

Because we don't need a better version of Dembele, we need a better version of Matic. A tall, strong defensive midfielder who helps Kanté out. I don't see how Tolisso would fit in.

1 minute ago, nyikolajevics said:

Because we don't need a better version of Dembele, we need a better version of Matic. A tall, strong defensive midfielder who helps Kanté out. I don't see how Tolisso would fit in.

Tolisso would be the Nainggolan-esque signing that we all wanted. 

Tolisso can do it all (but obviously he's more offensive minded). But whose to say CFC shouldn't have signed both? 

Kante, Tolisso, Cesc, and Bakayoko would have covered all the skillsets needed, although im not that high on Bakayoko as others. 

But what's the point, CFC are allergic to ballers, so Bayern will be enjoying his services now. 

26 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Kante, Tolisso, Cesc, and Bakayoko would have covered all the skillsets needed, although im not that high on Bakayoko as others. 

Kante is the ultimate hard worker we need.

Bakayoko will be the muscle guy who kicks asses in the midfield.

Fábregas is the magic comes from the bench if needed. 

Chalobah is a good backup. 

I think we are pretty much good with these guys. We rather need to strenghten our defense(hopefully Christensen will solve our problem) and buy a new striker and a new winger. I think we shouldn't expect the guy who plays next to Kante to score a lots of goals. His job will be to defend well and to balance Ngolos weaknesses.

6 hours ago, Rapkun said:

What was reported is: Chelsea grows tired of negotiations with Bakayoko because of a big number of intermediaries. A meeting with Lyon's president and chelsea's representatives is held. Meeting probably happened at the request of Lyon who are interested in Traore (Lacazette potential replacement). During the meeting Chelsea asks about Tolisso and Lyon expresses an interest in Zouma. There was no further details about Tolisso but it was said Zouma would not make a decision about his future yet. According to reports thats all Chelsea did, ask about Tolisso's situation.

So you mean to imply that unless someone reports it, it doesn't happen? I'll be honest, I don't think you can really believe that.

7 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Dembele is a better version of Matic. I consider him to be exactly the player we need. A player who mirrors his attributes is therefore precisely what I'm hoping for.

Is that Tolisso? I watched Lyon several times after he was first linked a few months ago. I like him but I have not seen that he is able to retain possession under pressure as well as the Spurs man does. Even so, I would be happy to have Tolisso. He has applicable attributes of his own.

14 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Dembele is a better version of Matic. I consider him to be exactly the player we need. A player who mirrors his attributes is therefore precisely what I'm hoping for.

Is that Tolisso? I watched Lyon a few times after he was first linked a few months ago. I like him but I have not seen that he is able to retain possession under pressure as well as the Spurs man does. Even so, I would be happy to have Tolisso. He has applicable attributes of his own.

Bakayoko is what we need, strong, good in the air (kante glaring weakness) I have seen him being able to dribble pass two or three man  comes after him then pass ball to others. His passing range still leave something to be desired though.

12 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

What? They are reliable as far I know! I even remember them being one of the first to report that Eden was coming here.

What does reliable even mean in this context?

The appetite among football fans for transfer rumours is voracious. The willingness of agents, clubs and players to provide the stories which feed those rumours, for their own purposes of course, is endless. Media outlets therefore have a plentiful supply of material and they know they can make money by giving audiences what they want.

In order to achieve "reliability", those outlets would need to filter out the rumours they know to be plants. In a wildly competitive market however they know their audience can get that same rumour somewhere else. Filtering stories therefore has the potential to cost them revenue.

When no one really expects the  majority of transfer stories to be accurate anyway; when online revenues are so hard to come by; and when they can honestly claim to have a source for a story, then aren't we asking too much of them to make the sacrifices necessary to achieve reliability?

In any case, there is often a direct, reciprocal relationship between media and sources. "If I get this obvious plant out there for you, you owe me when you have something real to say. Deal?"

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You