• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jernej93 said:

Courtois
Ivanovic - Cahill - Luiz - Azpi
Matić - Kante - Oscar
Willian - Costa - Hazard

it is :)

Yep, it looks like that. Although I have noticed that this "bin theory" mostly applies when I see pictures from the training with one day before the match. Like today. Or when the matches are on Saturday and the press conference is on Friday and the photographers are allowed at Cobham.

Against Swansea (on Sunday) the press conference was on Friday, two days before the match. The media was not allowed at Cobham on Saturday, so the most recent pictures was from Friday. And the "bin theory" did not apply :) 

So tomorrow the "bin theory" should apply, although Cesc on the bench makes my eyes bleed :( 

Great to read some positive comments. Chelsea should dig in for this one. There will be goals hopefully more for us than them. 3 pts will be good. Reckon Liverpool will start stronger out of the blocks but we will grind them down.Good luck Chelsea!!

I think that if we score first, we're gonna lose the match 100%.  If desperation sets in early enough, subs might be used to crank us up a couple of gears.

Conte can't afford to play conservatively in this match because Kante and Luiz won't be able to handle everything that Klopp throws at them.

The sooner we see Ivanovic outta the RB and some changes in CM, the better off we'll be.  Also: Batshuayi.

Ok,I think this is a great match to get Cesc in there to exploit there shambolic back line. I say this:

- - - - - - - Courtois - - - - - -

Ivanovic - Cahill - Luiz - Azpilicueta

- - - - Kante - Cesc - - - - -

- Willian - Oscar - Hazard -

- - - - - - - Costa - - - - - - -

This will be a good test and am glad it is at the Bridge. Hope the fans are in full voice.

Really excited for this one.

Come on you Chelsea!!

MATCHDAY LADS

Very exciting about this one! It will be a lot of work tho. I've seen a lot of different line-ups and opinions here so far. In my opinion we should start with Cesc! I know that Liverpool is a very dynamic and fast playing team which doesnt fit the playstyle of Cesc. BUT he has so much offensive value, he has the vision no one else has and he can really make the difference! With Kante we've got a great defensive midfielder! He's a machine!  And he can cover Cesc! No doubt Liverpool have great qualitiy but we can definitly do it! I'm confident! Burnley did it so we can do it aswell! 

C'MON CHELSEA

KTBFFH

I dont want to dig at Conte, but there was alot of talk of buying new defenders whole summer. And now that we got them, the likes of Ivanovic and Cahill still play. It took injury, so that Luiz will play. 

And I dont buy into this "they are not ready yet". They were playing for their teams regulary, which means they are fit. And what better way is there to learn tactics and bind with squad thanplaying. 

If we paid 50m for defenders and the likes of Iva still play, something is not right. Iva is actually in good form and all fine if Conte trusts his proven 11, but why the hell would then one buy backup defenders for 50 million and ship Kenedy, Miazga out on loan...

I might overreact as its only second game since arrivals, but history tells me these guys wont get the proper chance once again.

56 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I dont want to dig at Conte, but there was alot of talk of buying new defenders whole summer. And now that we got them, the likes of Ivanovic and Cahill still play. It took injury, so that Luiz will play. 

And I dont buy into this "they are not ready yet". They were playing for their teams regulary, which means they are fit. And what better way is there to learn tactics and bind with squad thanplaying. 

If we paid 50m for defenders and the likes of Iva still play, something is not right. Iva is actually in good form and all fine if Conte trusts his proven 11, but why the hell would then one buy backup defenders for 50 million and ship Kenedy, Miazga out on loan...

I might overreact as its only second game since arrivals, but history tells me these guys wont get the proper chance once again.

Ermm.................. training? Basically that's where you learn tactics. Match day you just put in practice what you've learned on the training pitch. Pre season is where Conte shared his philosophy with the Chelsea squad and worked double sessions every day in order to implement his ideas. The likes of David Luiz and Marcos Alonso have missed that and they are at Chelsea for like what? Two weeks? One of which was an international break. They are both coming from clubs with different tactics than at Chelsea, it's normal for them to first understand what is wanted from them and only then to be playing official matches. 

With Henderson as their CDM we can easily exploit them on counter attacks, just let them play and become impatient. Henderson is not natural defensive midfielder and he will try to go forward as much as possible if they don't score in first 20-30 minutes and imagine Hazard or Costa running against their two centerbacks :blush:

Just hope we don't "Mourinho" it and sit back at home and allow Liverpool the lions share of possession. They've proven this season so far that they create loads of chances if given the ball. We need to be progressive and play on the front foot. Play like a big team with confidence.

Player for player we're better at every position just about. We have to use that to our advantage. 

We also have to hope Conte has been hammering home the message to Costa all week about keeping his cool. You know Klopp will be telling Lovren and the rest of their players to wind him up and try to get him booked or sent off. He can feast on that defense if his head is in it and he's not fighting and arguing the whole time.