Chelsea v Liverpool

Jase

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I dont want to dig at Conte, but there was alot of talk of buying new defenders whole summer. And now that we got them, the likes of Ivanovic and Cahill still play. It took injury, so that Luiz will play. 

And I dont buy into this "they are not ready yet". They were playing for their teams regulary, which means they are fit. And what better way is there to learn tactics and bind with squad thanplaying. 

Its called smart managing. You don't break a winning formula for new shiny toys... You should ask Jose Mourinho how that worked in the Derby.

We are playing well and the names you are suggesting we drop are team leaders. 

Its not like we signed Marcelo and Thiago Silva, there is still competition for places and the new players are at a disadvantage because they have yet to fully acclimatize themselves with how the manager wants to play. 

Its a marathon not a sprint.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going to see usual with Luiz coming in for Terry.

But I'd like to see this.

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Luiz Azpilicueta

Oscar Kante Matic

Hazard

Batshuayi Costa

Begovic; Alonso; Mikel, Fabregas; Willian, Moses, Pedro

Would provide a nice surprise for Pool. Think Hazard could exploit that space between the defensive and midfield line with Liverpool lacking a (true) holding mid. Coupled with Michy and Diego moving around, each commanding the attention of a CB. Bats providing extra fire power and since Costa likes to roam so much, Bats can remain central and play targetman. If play is too narrow you can always sub in one or two wide men. Bring on Cesc when the game slows down to provide that late creative spark.

13 minutes ago, DYC. said:

We're going to see usual with Luiz coming in for Terry.

But I'd like to see this.

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Luiz Azpilicueta

Oscar Kante Matic

Hazard

Batshuayi Costa

Begovic; Alonso; Mikel, Fabregas; Willian, Moses, Pedro

Would provide a nice surprise for Pool. Think Hazard could exploit that space between the defensive and midfield line with Liverpool lacking a (true) holding mid. Coupled with Michy and Diego moving around, each commanding the attention of a CB. Bats providing extra fire power and since Costa likes to roam so much, Bats can remain central and play targetman. If play is too narrow you can always sub in one or two wide men. Bring on Cesc when the game slows down to provide that late creative spark.

Puts a lot of pressure on our fullbacks, Mane and Firmino would have acres of space to run into...

I think this is a good plan b if things go pear shaped early.

DEATH TO MERSEYSIDE RED!!!

DEATH TO LIVERPOOL FC!!!

DEATH TO SCOUSERS OF LIVERPOOL FC AND MERSEYSIDE RED!!!

WE ARE CHELSEA!!!

THIS IS OUR STAMFORD BRIDGE!!!

FOLLOW OUR RULES!!! - MERSEYSIDE RED!!!

THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!!

THIS IS STAMFORD BRIDGE!!!

OBEY OUR RULES OR DIE!!!

[THIS WAS MADE UP ON THE SPOT IN MY HEAD IN LESS THAN 2 MINUTES]