Chelsea 2-3 Real Madrid

Jase

11 minutes ago, Leif said:

these quotes give me the feeling somebody's told Conte that certain players would slip right back into our XI last season after injuries despite not even training and proving they were the best option. 

They shouldn't be feeling that comfortable about a startring place.

It makes me laugh now seeing as his actions didn't match his words but I remember when we had Big Pete and Tibo and Mou was asked did he have a problem with team selection. He said those were the problems he loved. Havind to decide which player to select.

But if a position doesn't have a good alternative then that player will maybe feel he doesn't need to fully push himself. And Costas not really had another striker pushing for his spot.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Artandur said:

A bit confusing that RLC keeps starting as a striker, but batshuayi didnt start a single game, yet...

Hmm it is strange! I would have thought Batshuayi would have been nailed on certain to start this game. 

7 minutes ago, DDA said:

Hmm it is strange! I would have thought Batshuayi would have been nailed on certain to start this game. 

That's what i expected ! Can't really come up with a plausible explanation. Maybe he'll come on at halftime with hazard and courtois...

13 minutes ago, DDA said:

Maybe to given Rlc more time to adapt in games that don't matter.

Not sure I can see us scoring with this XI to be honest. 

Things are starting to become clearer, though. Conte views Ruben as a forward (which I don't agree with) and he considers Oscar a CM (which I do agree with). Also giving Aina the chance to solidify his place for the upcoming season. He keeps performing well and he surely has to start against West Ham.