Elseid Hysaj

Unionjack

15 minutes ago, the wes said:

Agent says client signing for Chelsea in January is possible, claims they wanted him in summer

http://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-says-client-signing-chelsea-january-possible-claims-wanted-summer/

Unless we are selling Azpi or going to a 3 CB set-up with Azpi as RCB and Hysaj as RWB this makes no sense,  Hysaj will cost at least £40m so we bringing him in to be a 40m back-up?

We also have Zappa and next year probably Reece James (if not next year surely James goes big boy team in 2020-21), RB overload.

I cannot see Sarri moving Azpi to a full-time CB paired with Rudiger alone in a back 4. Sarri has a hard-on for Luiz due to passing. Azpi isnt as good at CB passing (in Sarri's mind at least).

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Agent says client signing for Chelsea in January is possible, claims they wanted him in summer

http://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-says-client-signing-chelsea-january-possible-claims-wanted-summer/

Maybe I've been seeing the same news reported on different sites but are we sure this is not the agent trying to get a better contract for his player? I mean out of nowhere, we're hearing this Hysaj talk from his agent without being prompted by anything significant (e.g. Sarri talking about Hysaj).

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe I'm been seeing the same news reported on different sites but are we sure this is not the agent trying to get a better contract for his player? I mean out of nowhere, we're hearing this Hysaj talk from his agent without being prompted by anything significant (e.g. Sarri talking about Hysaj).

Spot on

Relayed by CalcioNapoli24, Napoli Journalist Cammaroto:

He said: “Hysaj is on the way out. Ancelotti is ready to let him leave, and Aurelio de Laurentiis didn’t appreciate the take it or leave it offer on the contract, as the renewal terms were too high. The goodbye is already on the agenda, the Albanian will go to his mentor Sarri.

All that’s left is to know if it’ll happen in June or January. The potential summer ban for Chelsea could make the negotiations start suddenly, but Napoli want the €50m from the clause and not a penny less. The agent will try around €40m, but in the end they’ll meet in the middle at €45m”

50m on a RB. When we have 2. Unless one of Azpi/Zappa leave no point. Selling Azpi would be a mistake too before anybody suggests it.... Zappacosta meh fair enough but 50m for somebody who drops Azpi and weakens us defensively or sits on the bench when other areas are lacking... not best business plan.

15 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

50m on a RB. When we have 2. Unless one of Azpi/Zappa leave no point. Selling Azpi would be a mistake too before anybody suggests it.... Zappacosta meh fair enough but 50m for somebody who drops Azpi and weakens us defensively or sits on the bench when other areas are lacking... not best business plan.

Why is selling Azpi even up for debate? He just signed a new contract!

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why is selling Azpi even up for debate? He just signed a new contract!

Exactly but surely Hysaj would have to be first choice RB if we can justify spending 40 to 50m on him? Over priority poairions like CF, RW, CB... Or it would be a unneccessary buy.

If we are going to spend around £40-45m on a fullback, FFS BUY JUNIOR FIRPO and sell the donkey Alonso whilst we can still get £50m for him.

Valentino Lazaro at RB would cost half or so what Hysaj will cost and is a FAR better athlete, younger, can play RMF and RW as well and has vastly more upside.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Which is why this feels like a ploy to get a better contract at Napoli. 

I hope it is. Do we need him or any right-back for that matter? I've been hearing a lot of good things about our own Reece James. Zap is a good enough backup for now, then sell him once James is ready to become Dave's understudy. Or is the club perhaps plotting for Hysaj to eventually replace Azpi? He's turning 30 next season, Hysaj 25...

I hope we don't go to Napoli again, ADL will squeeze our balls till every drop drips out. And he would be a really underwhelming signing for such money also, for a position that isn't critical for us, while our striker and wing options are in tatters.

38 minutes ago, manpe said:

I hope it is. Do we need him or any right-back for that matter? I've been hearing a lot of good things about our own Reece James. Zap is a good enough backup for now, then sell him once James is ready to become Dave's understudy. Or is the club perhaps plotting for Hysaj to eventually replace Azpi? He's turning 30 next season, Hysaj 25...

I hope we don't go to Napoli again, ADL will squeeze our balls till every drop drips out. And he would be a really underwhelming signing for such money also, for a position that isn't critical for us, while our striker and wing options are in tatters.

To be fair, this is Chelsea we're talking about. Our board don't do logic. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You