Direction of this club

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Young unproven players are getting minutes, Kenedy, Traore, Loftus-Cheek and others are on the horizon.  The club has gotten a coach that has a history of using youngesters and a mix of robust physicality and technicality. I feel this is the most optimistic the club has looked going forward in a long time. Nothing is smooth sailing and nothing will always go the club's way but this is very promising from my outlook. The club has to juggle the future with the now, it cannot forsake too much of the present for the sake of the future and vice versa. It's a very difficult position and I hope Conte can handle it.

And we'll have the best stadium in England. I am very optimistic not just next year but years ahead. We have made a lot of progress, won a lot of titles and it will be better but it would not hurt us if we had a clearer direction imo.

42 minutes ago, Spike said:

Young unproven players are getting minutes, Kenedy, Traore, Loftus-Cheek and others are on the horizon.  The club has gotten a coach that has a history of using youngesters and a mix of robust physicality and technicality. I feel this is the most optimistic the club has looked going forward in a long time. Nothing is smooth sailing and nothing will always go the club's way but this is very promising from my outlook. The club has to juggle the future with the now, it cannot forsake too much of the present for the sake of the future and vice versa. It's a very difficult position and I hope Conte can handle it. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. There must be a sacrifice.

As much as I like Conte, that just isn't true. Conte prefers experienced players in their prime, Pogba is the only exception.

Some people want Roman to go? lol lets not forget he basically elevated us to the status we're at now, without him who knows where we would be. Also, when would you want Roman to leave? before or after he funds the redevelopment of Stamford Bridge? 

Roman is not the problem, it's what's underneath and around him for me. Imagine Monopoly.....The bank manager, he gives you the cash without a second thought, yet under him are people buying things and hoping they land a perfect piece of land/gem with a complete scatter gun approach in hope you will land that perfect gem. 

I've said it for a while now...We need football people behind the scenes, we need a scouting network that's really switched on beyond belief.

Roman keeps firing the managers, the problem being is he is bridging over the top of the real problem....the middle men. These people need looking at just as much as our back line and centre midfield position for me. 

This club has a lot of waking up to do.

48 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Roman is not the problem, it's what's underneath and around him for me. Imagine Monopoly.....The bank manager, he gives you the cash without a second thought, yet under him are people buying things and hoping they land a perfect piece of land/gem with a complete scatter gun approach in hope you will land that perfect gem. 

I've said it for a while now...We need football people behind the scenes, we need a scouting network that's really switched on beyond belief.

Roman keeps firing the managers, the problem being is he is bridging over the top of the real problem....the middle men. These people need looking at just as much as our back line and centre midfield position for me. 

This club has a lot of waking up to do.

Even though I agree concerning the problems, you are actually saying Roman is the problem, because he's the one who picks the middle men and the one who can let him or them go. 

Roman may seem ruthless concerning the managers, but in the end he might be a very loyal person to his staff, which he actually appears to be - at least to his director.

7 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Even though I agree concerning the problems, you are actually saying Roman is the problem, because he's the one who picks the middle men and the one who can let him or them go. 

Roman may seem ruthless concerning the managers, but in the end he might be a very loyal person to his staff, which he actually appears to be - at least to his director.

The company owner at my work doesn't interview the staff, the people below him do...He pays them and puts trust in them to do what is needed to recruit what he thinks is best for the company, if he instills faith in them and things do not go correctly there has to be a point you question them below. Now, whilst we have been wining things there has to be a long term vision of not just the owner but most importantly them below him. Them below him are paid to think in his shoes, paid to think without him, paid to have knowledge to think "We can sail this ship without bothering him"

The vision of RA will of not to have seen this club fight for relegation at a point this season, it will of been more glory. At what point do you sit in the stand and allow what you have seen this season to continue? There has been zero integration of youth no matter who has been in charge, there has been poor recruitment of players and most of all a real shamble of shite on the pitch. RA is supposedly a football fan like you and me, you and me can see what's happening on the field, so in the big picture what is going on between passing big money to spend and the players on the field? Something is not adding up, for me it's player recruitment/scouting and diabolical mis management. 

Why are people so depresed in here? Yes we had a bad summer in 2015, but remember 2014 summer? We signed Fabregas, Costa, Luis, Zouma and sold Luis for 50 mil. In 2013 we signed Willian. 2012 we signed Hazard, Azpi and more. Apart from 2015 summer we actualy had solid transfer windows.

I love Jose but appointing him was a big mistake. We had such a young team with Lukaku, De Bruyne, Hazard, Oscar and others but he sold them (or thry left because Mou didnt gave a chance) because he and board wanted an instant trophy. Hope board and Roman learned a lesson and they will not kick out Conte if he doesnt win PL in 2nd season.

We have a bright future ahead of us with top coach and top players added with best youngsters in Europe. Plus board seems to be making right moves before season even ended with Nainngolan looking like a blue.

10 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

The way Terry was said his contract won't be extended. Over the fucking phone to his agent.  :mouthclosed:

Why so eager to criticise without knowledge of the full facts?

How do we know, for example, that the agent didn't phone them and ask to be told? Insisted in fact on being told then and there? He may or may not have done that, we don't know. Maybe I should be more accurate and say, I don't know but you take the point.

In any case, the agent was not told that there would be no offer. He was told no offer yet. He and JT, mainly the agent I'm sure, then cooked up their media offensive to put pressure on the club. That was not necessary in my opinion. The board have worked with JT closely for years and have been very loyal to him. He and his agent should have found a better way. If I were a club official seeing John behave like that would have saddened and disappointed me.

3 hours ago, kmk108 said:

There's no two teams I hate more than Spurs and Liverpool, but look at them lately. Since Klopp has come to Liverpool, there's a soul back at that club. There's optimism for the future and a buzz around the city that hasn't been felt since the Rafa days. Spurs have put a good manager in place with a view of the future, backed by some great young players.

It was the same for periods under Kenny and Brendan, when things are going remotely good at Liverpool they pipe up, the wankfest starts etc etc.

Klopps done well in Europe, but in the league he and Liverpool have been bang average.

Not really excited about Conte's appointment, going from being linked with Stones to fucking Bonucci tells it's own story, think he's coming for the sake of making this season look like a 'freak' incident. Which means winning and winning fast, If Chelsea FC go through a truly transitional period after finishing 9th from 1st it hurts the brand, more time spent not winning anything.

The lack of English/homegrown players in the squad also breeds a certain disconnect. We're a London team - the capital of England, and it looks like we'll be left with just Cahill and RLC ... 2 out of 25 or so. 

I do not agree Roman needs to go. What Chelsea are today, we owe it to Roman. All the decisions he has taken were with the best interests of the club. He is a quiet man. Barely cracks a whisper in the media. I think he's made one public statement in over ten years here. But I also feel that if you talk to the man, you will get a real sense of how much he loves the club and how much he wants the club to succeed. The passion he shows at some games, I remember the Champions League final especially, standing next to his son. 

But with regards to the direction of the club, I agree to a certain extent that the people who have served the club could be treated better. John Terry's future isn't yet resolved and it's May already. Also, apart from Cech, none of the other legends have been replaced with good players. 

I would wait and watch what Conte does. I have real optimism with Conte. I do not care about a young or old squad but if he can bring together a team that gives its best, with every player sticking to his job and playing to his ability, I would be more than happy. It is not necessarily about the titles. That can happen gradually. But if we get the basics right next season and finish top 4 while making real improvements in our football, I'd consider it a good season. 

The last thing i would want is for the club to turn into a group of superstars who don't perform together. A few English players (not just to fill out the squad like City buy) would be good too.