• Willian
    • Costa
    • Hazard (sub)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was absolutely baffled as to why we were so obsessed with attacking down our left-hand side for the majority of the game; Oscar is not a winger, Azpilicueta is not comfortable when attacking from LB, and Willian was having a relatively decent game when in possession on the other flank.

We caused additional problems for ourselves by persisting with the malfunctioning Mikel-Matic DM pairing for far too long; one of them should have been subbed out at around the 55-60 min mark.

5 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Hahah I'm never being optimistic again. Though when we did start playing it quickly went lol.normal service..bloody hope not

Some bloody long corner we've been trying to turn. It looks to me that we've been trying to turn for so long we've actually went the full 360 degrees and are now just going in circles! 

1 minute ago, CHOULO19 said:

Some bloody long corner we've been trying to turn. It looks to me that we've been trying to turn for so long we've actually went the full 360 degrees and are now just going in circles! 

Sums it up Last few results been a off day lol.Surprise back to normal!Keeping us on out toes.dont want us to get to comfy with winning.Mean good not lost yet but haven't really won that many either lol bit ah we're still bit rubbish.

Plus side..We're 13th again woooo.Probably be stuck here for weeks though like we're with 14th

Not the best day for Guus. There was no need for two defensive midfielders and Hazard should have been on at HT. Watford played for a draw and Sanches Flores set them so deep that even Baba Rahman should have been on at some point. Watford was poor in the 2nd half, still Azpilicueta contributed nothing offensively. Frustrating. You can't unlock tight defences with one centre forward and three other midfielders. 

Feels like a defeat TBH. 

I will reveal to you now how i see the rest of the season going right now.

chelsea will finish 16th or 12th at the end of the season. those are the only 2 positions i see cfc finishing.

chelsea will lose to manchester united 2 : 1 on sunday 7 february 2016.

Thibaut Courtois, Eden Hazard will leave at the end of the 2016/2017 season.

psg will beat chelsea in the champions league on aggregate 6 : 2

My assessment of the match:

1)  Matic has declined so much that he should be sold this summer. He has no vision, poor passing skills and above all no desire any more.

2)  The debate about Mikel will continue forever. The man can defend well but utterly useless going forward. No vision, no passing skills and slows our attack.

3)  Hidink needs to balance the team. Azpiu and Oscar are right footed players who should not play on left.

4)  Kurt Zouma is still not finished article. He needs another year or so before he is a regular. We must hold on to him though.

5)  I hoestly believe that Ighalo is better than Costa for the same role. Costa is a bit overwight and tends to loose balance. We should sign Igahlo.

6)  We have definitely improved since Jose left, but not enough to win a trophy. Next year will require major changes. Definitely no Europa Cup next year forget Champions league and justifiably so.

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

Sums it up Last few results been a off day lol.Surprise back to normal!Keeping us on out toes.dont want us to get to comfy with winning.Mean good not lost yet but haven't really won that many either lol bit ah we're still bit rubbish.

Plus side..We're 13th again woooo.Probably be stuck here for weeks though like we're with 14th

Been the cycle this season, we win a match, everyone starts calculating the points difference to 4th, then we drop points in the next match and the talk is about avoiding relegation battles...

Tbh, atm I most of all concerned about how badly we are going to look against PSG. It's in 2 week's time and our chances...... 

Confirmed: we will not win 2 league games in a row this season. We are just cursed.

To the actual match, awful game and we contributed to it with our awful tactics and persisting with a negative combo for over 70 mins. WTF did Hazard come on past the 70th min? You would have thought we were playing Arsenal or City. But against Watford, we made it so easy for them by bringing him on so late. They must of been grinning in delight. I like Hiddink and think he has provided stability and better football than Moruinho but he missed a huge trick tonight. Just really don't understand the tactics. Way too negative and considering the performance Hazard had against MK Dons and he was brought off in second half, you would have assumed he would definitely start this.

So frustrating. Not because of the score but more because we could have done a few simple things to help us win the game.

The only straw I'm clutching at is the players know the league campaign is fucked so rightly or wrongly have decided that they'll settle for mid-table. Hopefully that will leave them to salvage some pride in the F.A. cup and Champions League. Man City are definitely beatable while P.S.G will be tough but I honestly don't think they will cream us. One more point Matic good God he's awful you can see why we sold him the first time round.

We need a freakin' left-footed LB. Azpi there always gives us a handicap, he's so useless going forward and it always seems and feels like we're one man down in attack because of him. Give Baba a fair shot, you goddamn old man and stop cowering behind Mourinho's ludicrous 'innovation'. Baba would have opened up much-needed space for Diego and the others, especially before Hazard came on.

2 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Been the cycle this season, we win a match, everyone starts calculating the points difference to 4th, then we drop points in the next match and the talk is about avoiding relegation battles...

Tbh, atm I most of all concerned about how badly we are going to look against PSG. It's in 2 week's time and our chances...... 

Yep look up the table..actually look down the table lol.Stilll sort of close to it.Only 8 away.Dont think go down now but then again..

Cant talk about any postion before the game and 4th definitely a fairy tale.aint happening.Reckon win that.Like said in Man U we win the games no one expects us to then drop points everywhere else.Saying that thought win tonight lol Nope 

2 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

The only straw I'm clutching at is the players know the league campaign is fucked so rightly or wrongly have decided that they'll settle for mid-table. Hopefully that will leave them to salvage some pride in the F.A. cup and Champions League. Man City are definitely beatable while P.S.G will be tough but I honestly don't think they will cream us. One more point Matic good God he's awful you can see why we sold him the first time round.

I think that will happen. These players will be transformed.

Dreaming of seeing a Chelsea team next season that is set out to dominate weaker opposition and asserting ourselves with our superior talent. You see City, Arsenal, and every other "top" team that play attacking football set out to unleash themselves on opposition. 

Should be time to try the right back at right back.

Watford have more box-to-box MFs than Chelsea. 

What is this?  Hiddink thinks it's not worth trying a different lineup?  Outings like this inspire zero confidence for the players, Guus. And the fans feel sickened.

Pathetic, but I'm not blaming the players. Blame the organization and the management for not setting this club up to win.

CFC, the club that takes on no venture. Shrinking away.