Jase

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It's quite a sobering thought that Pedro was a key coq in arguably the best team off all time.

I think he's just so used to playing for Barca - a 'culture shock' is even nowhere near what he has experienced here in England, especially with us at this time. His Barca form carried over for a single game and now nothing.

Can he adjust is the real question; personally, I'm not so sure he can.

Just now, The Mak said:

I think he's just so used to playing for Barca, a 'culture shock' is nowhere near what he has experienced here in England, especially with us at this time. His Barca form carried over for a single game and now nothing. Can he adjust is the real question; personally, I'm not so sure he can.

We don't play to his strengths, not that's its an excuse for him, but we don't play the combinations that suit him.

1 minute ago, BlueLion said:

If it wasn't for Messi, Barca wouldn't have won a quarter of what they've won. The other eleven are largely irrelevant. Pedro is shockingly average. 

Not sure I agree with that, Spain were practically Barca without Messi and they won 3 major tournaments on the spin.

Obviously Messi helped their course, but their midfield had so much control it was insane.

2 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Pedro was never "key" for Barcelona.

Except for those few seasons were he was a starter and scored important goals in every single competition, including a CL final and Madrid derbies.

Pedro is perhaps suffering from the Azplicueta at LB effect. It's like he's on an island sometimes, with no true full back behind him making constant overlaps. And unlike Hazard, he's a pure winger and can't drift centrally and still be effective.

We need Guus to start making tactical statements as far as personnel and tactical shape goes. He can't be relying on Mourinho's model anymore.