Chelsea 2-2 West Brom

Jase

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Who is willing to bet that Kenedy starts the next game on the bench and that Pedro and Oscar start the next game despite doing nothing all game. 

At least hiring Rodgers as an interim would have provided some excitement. Guus is scared to death to defer too much from Mourinho's tactics which is incredibly disappointing. 

agreed - waste of time.

However, Rodgers would not take an interim job. I'd still hire him as a manager at much lower wages than a top manager and see what happens. If he fails, replace him as usual, otherwise it's a big win.

Of course we are playing below our level, but the squad is pretty bad (numbers and quality) - it has no business in Europe.

Concerning your discussion about Matic, I wonder how they explain, logically, that the same player they call shit played so well for a whole year and a half, is priced in the 30+ millions, and is sought after... then I stop wondering because perhaps there is no logic to it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did n't like Costa and Oscar today.
Oscar was reported injured as well in prematch reports.
Kennedy was good and I know a goalkeeper or two who could have saved Albion's first equalizer.

Before the 2-2 Costa had Willian on his right side making a free run.
I knew he was n't going to give the ball for all the tea in china but on the rebound they got their second.

Starting to get seriously concerned about our future. Unless we appoint a genius of a manager that can turn things around instantly we could be looking at years to return to last years level.

We risk getting left behind like Liverpool otherwise. Scary.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

A little with sides fighting for the top 4 dropping points. Any movement in Jan will speak volumes, as to what the board want from this season.

We're also dropping points lol.12 behind spurs think if we'd won more been more confident but at the moment we're stuck between 16th and 14th.haven't really gone any higher then that 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Starting to get seriously concerned about our future. Unless we appoint a genius of a manager that can turn things around instantly we could be looking at years to return to last years level.

We risk getting left behind like Liverpool otherwise. Scary.

the only top manager out there is Pep... who seems locked to City - makes it twice bad for us.

I think with a decent manager a a key 2-3 players, we could regroup, but this group of players is weakly mentally, they aren't that amazing technically and we look out of ideas. I don't know which manager we could bring though

A little with sides fighting for the top 4 dropping points. Any movement in Jan will speak volumes, as to what the board want from this season.

We're also dropping points lol.12 behind spurs think if we'd won more been more confident but at the moment we're stuck between 16th and 14th.haven't really gone any higher then that 

That's the main issue. Four points dropped at home since Hiddink took over (Oscar at fault against Watford) and tonight was another. We are still our own worse enemy.

9 minutes ago, Barbara said:

For the amazing quote he said after we won I guess against Palace about fake safety and sitting behind... well, that's why I don't give manager's words any credit anymore.

I think today was one of our worst displays this season and definitely the worst since Mourinho left.

We were sloppy in almost everything we did and Diego Costa was the only player that really played well for most of the time. I could have done without having my nerves in a knot at the beginning of the second about his behavior, but he was very good overall.

People talking about Oscar, are just doing it because they have nothing else to do... he wasn't good, I agree, but he wasn't the reason we drew, he wasn't that bad and he was one of the few players that pressed the whole match.Most players were as bad or worse (Iva, Zouma, Pedro, Matic, Mikel in the first half) and people are still talking about him as if he was the biggest detractor there. Something new please... No one mentioned it, but Courtois should have done better

The team looked bad, players had a bad performance individually and I didn't like the approach.

I thought the performanc was decent before Matic was introduced...

2 minutes ago, Barbara said:

the only top manager out there is Pep... who seems locked to City - makes it twice bad for us.

I think with a decent manager a a key 2-3 players, we could regroup, but this group of players is weakly mentally, they aren't that amazing technically and we look out of ideas. I don't know which manager we could bring though

I don't like Pep.
He is going to leave the Bridge at night.
Simeone is a good one, if he becomes available.

Pedro has not enhanced this squad one bit. Tonight he cost us the first goal, and he all round general play was pathetic.

Taking Fabregas off and bringing on Matic was a pivotal moment which proved costly for us. We were coping fine and attacking before that. I would have expected that tactic from Mourinho, but not from Gus. Cost us two valuable points.

But realistically, a draw against WBA is the level we are currently at, We have shown nothing out of the ordinary to prove to me that a genuine top four charge is possible. If we finish in the top ten that is about the best we can hope for now....And a miracle in the cups, because currently this team has no edge.

It's like Laylabelle said above - considering what we saw at the weekend against Scunthorpe, it perhaps wasn't a surprise to see what we did against West Brom. It says a lot about our predicament that we're hoping for a good performance rather than expecting one. It was such a listless, uninspired, insipid performance. We're playing West Brom at HOME and we barely put them under any sustained pressure. Sure, we had some good spells but only like for what? 1-2 minutes each time? We had a few shots here and there and that was it. Barely created any real chances and had to rely on Own Goal (again) for our second goal (seriously Roman, give him a new contract!). I also couldn't believe my eyes that we gave West Brom so much of the possession - way too much for a Tony Pulis side especially away from home. It was utterly pathetic and the fact that they had 6 shots on target (SIX!!!) to our 2 (ONLY TWO!!!) summed us up really.

5 minutes ago, Barbara said:

I think if we appoint Simeone and back him by signing as many and ANY players he wants we can challenge for the title again next season. I have a bad feeling however that we're going to get the appointment wrong.