Chelsea 2-2 West Brom

Jase

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Rhino's Skin said:

Say what you want about any chant...but match day fans are in a better place to guage players reactions more than tv fans.

Alright, I'll take your word for it, but tell me, what was the aim of chanting 'Jose Mourinho' when the team needed a goal desperately, and why start the chant when we concede an equaliser in particular? 

55 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

I don't like Pep.
He is going to leave the Bridge at night.
Simeone is a good one, if he becomes available.

don't like him either - actually hate him and don't think he's as good as most people think, still no one better than him imo

Simeone has nothing to do with attacking football. I don't think he'll be as successful in any other club as he is at Atleti

8 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Alright, I'll take your word for it, but tell me, what was the aim of chanting 'Jose Mourinho' when the team needed a goal desperately, and why start the chant when we concede an equaliser in particular? 

Its not long ago that people said the manager was the problem, and that he'd lost the dressing room? The Players wernt to blame and even Emanalo said the players werent the problem. 

Attending fans dont have the cold, detached logic of TV audience, and are usually lagered up. :D

Say what you want about any chant...but match day fans are in a better place to guage players reactions more than tv fans.

Why chant for any ex employee? Why chant Mourinho's right the refs are shoite?

We at Chelsea always sing for ex employees.

I don't wanna be scaremongeringly cynical at all, but didn't anyone not realize how the mighty have fallen more or less this season and it's about time we start to really rebuild no matter the costs in the summer? The roster we have right now was almost outhshone by a basement team like WBA. It's about goddamn time we start to have the swagger of the likes of Real, Barca, Juventus, Bayern in their respective leagues. We haven't had it since probably 09/10, and even then we were pathetic in the CL. I refuse to accept the fact that players of mid-table (let's be real, West Brom have always been a mid to lower-table club in modern times) teams can threaten our half-line with confidence and courage. McClean of all left-footed players scoring with his right with that much space and freedom should be only a probability on FIFA, never against us in real time. Roman deserves it, the fans deserve it. The only thing I envy about Bayern's board is that they don't care of any obstacles they would come upon if they want a player. They'll seduce him in a miraculous way and he'll join them sooner or later, Lewandowski and Götze from Dortmund of all clubs went there and they didn't care about being branded as mercenaries by Dortmund fans. Our goddamn board should be as ruthless as them. Send the message that we'll do anything to be among the best and have players deserving of a Ballon d'Or.

Other than that, it was a great game for Kenedy overall. I know Guus is doing his best, but he should be trusting of the youngsters in games much more. This game could, I wish and hope, also be a wake-up call to the players about focusing on blitz tactics early in the upcoming games. With pacy wingers like Willian and Pedro, we could really take advantage of starting games with high intensity and courageous pressing. I don't know if anyone remembers this but the game where we won 6-0 against Arsenal, we were attacking Arsenal players all the time in the first-half when we DIDN'T have the ball, forcing them to get confused when they tried attacking from their own touchline. Our wingers and Diego could be of great use to this.

I love how Costa is being vindicated by pundits for his attitude and criticising Chelsea players for trying to get Yacob sent off. It's like they choose to ignore the double standards, when Costa ran into Myhill and was already on a yellow card they were howling the referee in the same manner!

That incident went unseen and unmentioned on MOTD.

1 hour ago, Rhino's Skin said:

We sing for legends, and while Mourinho is a legend, the wound of what's happened is still fresh. They aren't singing to pay homage like an Ossie or Lampard song. They are making the statement that they still side with Mourinho over the players. Regardless of your position on the matter, a match is neither the time nor the place to make that stand known when he's no longer a member of this club and things need to be done to get this team back on track.

What the fuck happened to matic. Its like last year was fluke because this guy isnt fit enough to wipe mikels shoes. We need to spend this january and rebuild this squad. The next two transfer windows are important for us and anyone who thinks we can make the top 4 should should share the dope they are smoking

1 hour ago, Wizacar said:

What the fuck happened to matic. Its like last year was fluke because this guy isnt fit enough to wipe mikels shoes. We need to spend this january and rebuild this squad. The next two transfer windows are important for us and anyone who thinks we can make the top 4 should should share the dope they are smoking

Even though I haven't watched every minute of every match in 2015, I would say that Matic didn't just become poor. Mourinho and Chelsea ran him into the ground while our centre midfield has run on one leg instead of two or three.  He's also not the wizard Makelele, nor Vidal, nor any of the other super CMs, but even those players played alongside competent CMs. 

So, I'm not sure what people expect with Chelsea's centre midfield.  

It's been so long that Chelsea have played without depth and quality players in centre midfield and fullback (going back to when Ballack and Essien played regularly) while previously lacking in good attacking midfielders/wingers that I can't trust what a Chelsea fan has to say about a player within our squad.  The situation has been so unbalanced and the attack build-up so inept for so long (esp. without Drogba btw). 

Well, maybe I'm wrong to post this now in response to Matic criticism on the forum lately. I'm also not a fanboy. I won't feel any worse if he is sold with the rest of the centre midfielders but I do think he's capable of doing much better in the future. 

Throwing Leicester City's little monster into our MF might help, but at this point the season looks so FUBAR, I don't know what to say about transfers. Best thing would be to build from the back.

We sing for legends, and while Mourinho is a legend, the wound of what's happened is still fresh. They aren't singing to pay homage like an Ossie or Lampard song. They are making the statement that they still side with Mourinho over the players. Regardless of your position on the matter, a match is neither the time nor the place to make that stand known when he's no longer a member of this club and things need to be done to get this team back on track.

singing 'mourinho right thr ref is shoite' which was the main mourinho chant is hardly paying homage though is it.

We are not making a statement that we side with him over the players at all if his name is sung with his normal chant

Loved the Jose Mourinho chants.

Hope it continues, i will do it too.

Loud and clear!

Wonder what that boy Hazard thinks of it... ?

The only one that Chelsea sang was the 'Mourinho's right' one.

Some wallies on here are thinking that after WBA scored and the Jose Mourinho chant could be heard on TV....that it was Chelsea supporters singing it