Chelsea 2-2 West Brom

Jase

9 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Its not long ago that people said the manager was the problem, and that he'd lost the dressing room? The Players wernt to blame and even Emanalo said the players werent the problem. 

Attending fans dont have the cold, detached logic of TV audience, and are usually lagered up. :D

Yeah so it was aimed at the players and to a lesser degree the new manager. Perfectly reasonable opinion to have, btw, just that when we have 6-7 minutes to score a goal we desperately need, not particularly helpful for the motivation and morale of the team. Especially when the chanting starts when we concede whilst everyone was singing the players' names a couple of minutes before.

9 hours ago, Rhino's Skin said:

Why chant for any ex employee? Why chant Mourinho's right the refs are shoite?

We at Chelsea always sing for ex employees.

Yes, but I was asking specifically about timing when the chants start. To be clear, I'm talking about the 'Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho' chants that started after we conceded and could be heard for a full minute or two before it was drowned out by the WBA fans chanting 'Champions of England, you're having a laugh' not the chants about referees. So why do you, as stadium going fan, think THAT particular chant was started in that particular timing?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not long ago that people said the manager was the problem, and that he'd lost the dressing room? The Players wernt to blame and even Emanalo said the players werent the problem. 

Attending fans dont have the cold, detached logic of TV audience, and are usually lagered up. [emoji3]

Yeah so it was aimed at the players and to a lesser degree the new manager. Perfectly reasonable opinion to have, btw, just that when we have 6-7 minutes to score a goal we desperately need, not particularly helpful for the motivation and morale of the team. Especially when the chanting starts when we concede whilst everyone was singing the players' names a couple of minutes before.

Why chant for any ex employee? Why chant Mourinho's right the refs are shoite?

We at Chelsea always sing for ex employees.

Yes, but I was asking specifically about timing when the chants start. To be clear, I'm talking about the 'Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho' chants that started after we conceded and could be heard for a full minute or two before it was drowned out by the WBA fans chanting 'Champions of England, you're having a laugh' not the chants about referees. So why do you, as stadium going fan, think THAT particular chant was started in that particular timing?

The Jose Mourinho Jose Mourinho chants were sung by WBA taking the mick...not by Chelsea

Bottom line  -if the players sensibilities are so delicate that they are affected by sing songs we have no fucking hope   

Yup....ban singing so the poor little pampered dears can concentrate on the game and we dont wake those up in the corporate who have stuffed theemselves on prawn sandwiches and pimms

But it seems some of more delicate fans who cannot get to game seem more worried and affected by what is sung

Guys we haven't lost, and imo performance was decent, we attacked alot and defended pretty well, jsut at the end when we parked the bus we conceded, every time we park the bus we conced. Another bright side is Kenedy he is such a gem! We still haven't lost under Guss. But I'm really afraid of Everton and inform Lukaku the yare really strong this year.

32 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Bottom line  -if the players sensibilities are so delicate that they are affected by sing songs we have no fucking hope   

So, there is no issue with the club killing the atmosphere at games with bans on standing and loud singing because 'sing songs' have absolutely no influence on the performance of the team?! 

Of course, it has an effect.

1 hour ago, Rhino's Skin said:

The Jose Mourinho Jose Mourinho chants were sung by WBA taking the mick...not by Chelsea

If that is the case, then the criticism does not apply because what I was criticizing did not actually happen. 

So, there is no issue with the club killing the atmosphere at games with bans on standing and loud singing because 'sing songs' have absolutely no influence on the performance of the team?! 

If that is the case, then the criticism does not apply because what I was criticizing did not actually happen. 

mybad as well because I was initially thinking about the other chant which was sung

3 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Positive singing has been proven to lift a team -whereas negative chants have little or no effect. Regularly in the 80s and 90s ''Youre Shit and You Know you are'' was sung -had no effect whatsoever.  Killing the atmosphere is something completely different. If, (but they werent, ) singing Mourinhos name and the players gave up then they have no moral fibre. Perhaps people are reading more into this than there is (wasnt). 

Think you're taking this devils advocate stance a bit far :D 

2 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

And we are STILL looking for back-to-back league wins. Insane...

Agreed, absolutely crazy shit. Not only that, but not a Hazard goal in sight and and even Sunderland are starting to win.

Face the reality.

An average team has drawn against another average team. The league table does not lie. As usual it took us 30 minutes to eventually score a goal, and 5-10 minutes for the opponent to equalize as our midfield and defense were in full panic. So predictable.

What are the players above 'average', the kind of players we are expecting to play for Chelsea, these guys who would help us to compete for the PL or CL, these guys who could be hired by the top European teams? To me, there are two or three of them: Willian and Hazard for sure, and maybe Azpi. All the other players could play in any other PL team and I am sure many of them would be on the bench. None of them would qualify at Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munchen or even PSG.

Mourinho is largely responsible for building that 'average' team. To me, chanting his name during the match was totally unfair as regards the dreadful legacy of Mourinho, but it is also disrespectful of our new manager, and the players. Foremost,  it is counter-productive. Understand: we are now in a situation, given that we won't be part of the next CL, in which it will be extremely difficult to attract 'above average' players, not least to keep the very few of them we have.

7 hours ago, Fernando said:

I still think it wasn't bad point. 

You guys are going over board.

This is much better then what we saw under Mourinho this season. 

It is better than what we have seen under Mourinho this season but it is a bad point, no 2 ways about it unless you have accepted this is our new level of mediocrity.

On 14/01/2016 at 7:57 PM, BXL70 said:

Face the reality.

An average team has drawn against another average team. The league table does not lie. As usual it took us 30 minutes to eventually score a goal, and 5-10 minutes for the opponent to equalize as our midfield and defense were in full panic. So predictable.

What are the players above 'average', the kind of players we are expecting to play for Chelsea, these guys who would help us to compete for the PL or CL, these guys who could be hired by the top European teams? To me, there are two or three of them: Willian and Hazard for sure, and maybe Azpi. All the other players could play in any other PL team and I am sure many of them would be on the bench. None of them would qualify at Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munchen or even PSG.

Courtois?