• Azpilicueta
    • Matic
    • Ramires
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Oscar (sub)

Arsenal get 2 against Bayern, Chelsea get 0 against Kiev...

we played well but I'm annoyed because of the above...

Nothing will shut those gooners up after that result, it's like their trophy, closest thing they will get to winning the Champions League lol

Just a pity Bayern couldn't beat that lot, expected much more from them, Arsenal was lucky Cech saved their asses and they capitalized on a Bayern mistake later in the game. Credit to them but let them have their moment, lol their fans will brag about this win and celebrate like they have won the Champions League, just like they celebrate getting 4th place. Hope Bayern beat them in Germany and bring them down to earth. Anyway fark them, i will focus on what's important, that is Chelsea. These days there is nothing for me to brag about Chelsea, so i will keep my mouth shut and be humble to avoid silly fights. If they can't take banter it's their problem. Cheers

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Install an attacking philosophy/ get an attacking coach. So the players aren't in shock when a chance actually comes around.

You mean to tell me that players with years of experience at club and international level can't strike a ball because the training has them scared to do so? Behave.

We could have won the game on another game but we showed some improvements especially in the defensive work. There were little panic defense this time.

I'm also very happy for Matic today. He played really well. I hope he's back to his very best.

I know a lot of people really want us to start tearing teams apart once again but I think getting solid defensively first is the first way. When you've conceded a truckload of goals, with highest numbers of shots against, being solid defensively is definitely the first step.

What more can i say ? : / when it's going wrong for you, there is nothing we can do, i'm so gutted about tonight, we were extremely unlucky not to win today, balls hitting the post, shots going narrowly wide, penalties not given, Fabregas was fouled in the area, that stamp on William by Dennis Gonzalez, not even a yellow card, a disgrace and the Ref was poor and definetely weak and naive, typical. I'm already used to this crap, reminds me of the time we couldn't win the goddamn Champions League no matter how hard we tried, it was everything against us, that's why 2012 was so sweet, thank god everything went our way that year.
Mou was spot on today with the team, they showed a lot of fight, desire and intensity that has clearly been missing in the team, these are clearly good signs, but we lacked composure in the final 3rd and were unlucky not to grab the 3 points, we only have ourselves to blame :( A draw isn't a bad result but it's not what we needed, anyway we'll have to take it. It's definetely in our hands, we have Kiev an Porto at home and we still have to play in Israel, let's go for it, game by game. That's now 2 consecutive clean sheets, clearly that's something to look on and carry to the next games, we're improving slowly. West Ham away next, it will be a real difficult test for us and i hope we can take today's performance and use it as a steping stone on our path of recovery. Let's try to win vs West Ham and keep the momentum going. KTBFFH and cheers.

I've been a Chelsea supporter for nearly 15 years and this team of 2015 is by far the worst I've ever seen. Our football is just embarrassingly poor. I caught the 2nd half and it's pretty much a chore to watch this team. I can't think of another big team that would tolerate the kind of football Mourinho has this team playing.

good job you didnt watch us in some parts of the 70's and 80's then

Moan time.
Drab affair.
The Ukrainians might have scored one if the teams were still playing.
Against such teams we used to be home and dry well before half time. Well, unless we hit the cross bar some 25 times or some such mishaps occured.
Buildup ?
Towards the end way three of our players started a good looking move down the right flank then all three of them dimmed all of sudden. In the end the ball goes to Zouma who fouls his opponent.
Do you realize that half of our goals have been from direct free kicks ? Willian's trick shots. Plus Villa's give away against on Sat. That makes things look even less good.

Good point once again as stated but we could have easily beat them if we put in more attacking effort. I am sure of it. Just look what happened with them on Friday evening. Remember when we actually went all out offensive with Mourinho away from home in the CL last season and battered Schalke 5-0 :o

a good away performance. european away nights are never ever easy. look at bayern. there is a bigger difference between bayern and arsenal than there is between chelsea and kiev at the moment.

i honestly thought this was our best performance this season and infact our best performance in a long long time.

we defended brilliantly. we attacked well and we deserved a win.

begovic - nothing to do in the first half but made a couple of good saves in the second. that palm away was a life saver. 8/10

zouma - a few poor moments in the first half but after the nervy start he was absolutely brilliant. how many points could we have saved with this obvious solution. :sigh: 7/10

GC - flawless. covered JT a couple of times. wonderful last ditch tackles. a brilliant performance. 10/10

JT - was solid most of the game. a poor clearance could have killed us. 7/10

azpi - man oh man!!! this guy is too good. owned yarmelenko. absolutely owned him. 10/10

matic - "awful". :lol:for me despite his apparent "awful" start to the season, this should have been his 4th MOTM performance (city, palace, everton and now kiev). this is what happens when you dont have mister no balls along side you. i have been saying this, and i will reiterate, matic's "loss of form" was as much his fault as the defensively incompetent partner that he was given. had a brilliant performance and he should have scored too. 10/10

ramires - oh dear. his youth coaches should be given a kick up their asses. there are 2 aspects of a football game - attack and defence. rambo needs to learn the former. cant count the number of times he won the ball by a tackle or an interception or this or that. and i cant count the number of times he lost the ball straight away due to a poor pass. that pass to hazard on the counter which was just a bit behind him killed the whole momentum of the counter. he should have crossed the ball well on 2 occasion specially when their left back slipped and lost the ball. nonetheless we have found our midfield 2. be it against bournemouth/watford or city/untied. simply cos when cesc play in the mid 2, we have to score 3 goals to win a game, playing rambo, we might be able to do that with 1.attack - 2/10, defence - 10/10

cesc - a "decent" performance by his standard. did not lose the ball as much, held the ball better, passed it better. but no where near good enough. should be dropped. 6/10

hazard - showed some glimpses of the old hazard. a few. still a long way to go before we can say he is back. unlucky not to score. 6/10

willian - another awesome performance. his setpieces have become so good that its unreal. honestly, where the fuck has this come from? his overall play has improved too. so sad that most of the attackers (cesc, hazard, costa) were average. 8/10

costa - aerially - non-existent. hold up play - nonexistent. link up play - dont even bother. the only good thing was around and closing down. but even that was useless cos cesc could not be bothered. a very poor showing. 4/10

subs -

oscar - subpar. but looking at our condition, should get the nod ahead of cesc for whu more cos of cesc and how he will get bullied on and off the ball by whu than anything else. 5/10

win against kiev at home and we are almost through. getting to the next round is important more than the position. but some positive signs. i honestly can take away more positives from this draw than that win against villa. COME ON CHELSEA!!!

Best thing about that game was Matic's performance. I think he is our backbone and the most important player alongside Eden.

We are getting there but we still need to gain some confidence, we need this shots that hit the woodwork to go in, we need to win comfortably a match or two, we need some luck.

Willian continues his fantastic form, Cesc was all right, Rambo and Matic - excellent. I thought our defence and Begovic in goal were really solid and I think that this goalie organizes them pretty well. Zouma is no right back but he was a good choice and hopefully these experiences at different roles on the pitch will eventually transform him to a better CB and all around player.

Overall it was a good performance and we need to build on it. Onto the next one!

COYB!

Begovic - 7 - had little to do, but what he needed to deal with he did so with great competence.

Zouma - 6 - looked very uncomfortable at right-back but put in a good - but not spectacular - performance which helped us to maintain a defensive structure. Almost non-existent going forward.

Cahill - 8 - a good performance, bailed Terry out on a couple of occasions and read the game well. Marshalled the defence effectively.

Terry - 6 - not a poor game, but not convincing, either. A poor clearance could have killed us and his passing from the back lacked its usual incisiveness.

Azpilicueta - 8 - flawless against a talented winger. Nothing else needs to be said.

Fabregas - 6 - better from him in the first half, but when the going got tough after the break, he vanished. Deservedly pulled off, though his incisive passing was missing as we pushed for a late winner.

Matic - 8 - his best performance in some time, but he really, really should have scored. His lack of presence in the attacking third is what differentiates him from other deep-lying midfielders in the Premier League such as Herrera or Toure.

Ramires - 6 - defensively imperious, but he killed every attack. Literally. All of their attacks, and all of ours, too. His inability to complete a basic five-yard pass slowed down attack after attack, but his dynamism in midfield makes us a lot harder to break down.

Hazard - 5 - glimpses, but that's it. Invisible for much of the game. Deservedly benched at the weekend and he can have no complaints if the same transpires on Saturday.

Willian - 7 - he had a mixed night from set-pieces - one brilliant delivery that Costa should have buried and another that hit the woodwork - but the rest of his free-kicks were wasted and criminally underhit. His defensive work-rate is fantastic and at the moment he is the only player in the midfield who should have a guaranteed starting spot based on merit alone.

Costa - 5 - he had some good moments in the first half, but should have scored from a Willian free-kick. Easily nullified by the opposition.

Sub - Oscar - 5 - little chance to make an impact on the game in his 15-minute cameo.