The Mourinho Thread

No matter whether Jose has trouble at Chelsea, the team is not scoring..all was said here, Rafa was not, is not or will not be a better manager than Jose. Despite of Jose´s attitude, this guy is a master tactician. No one can match his skills, no Pep, no Rafa, no red nosed Alex, I feel.

I thought if anyone could help them score it would be Jose, but even he isnt a miracle worker, noone else could make them score anymore. They are done. It is unfair, Moyes is getting all the praise for a winning team starting to win. Jose is getting all the criticism for s*** strikers playing s*** :cry:

No matter whether Jose has trouble at Chelsea, the team is not scoring..all was said here, Rafa was not, is not or will not be a better manager than Jose. Despite of Jose´s attitude, this guy is a master tactician. No one can match his skills, no Pep, no Rafa, no red nosed Alex, I feel.

Hmm I agree about Rafa but not sure about Pep and Sir Alex, Pep actually dominated Jose when he first came to Madrid, Jose really only got the better from 11-12 on ward and there is a reason why almost every top team last season went after him. While Sir Alex is just one of the best manager in football history, maybe even in top 3?

Hmm I agree about Rafa but not sure about Pep and Sir Alex, Pep actually dominated Jose when he first came to Madrid, Jose really only got the better from 11-12 on ward and there is a reason why almost every top team last season went after him. While Sir Alex is just one of the best manager in football history, maybe even in top 3?

Rafa is no comparison, I feel. As for Pep. Well, do not forget Barca under him were unbeatable, no team had more talent & in top form Messi, then.

Red nosed Alex was very good, but Jose had beaten him on many occasions. Even at Real, last time.

To me, Jose as a tactician, no one is better.

Rafa is no comparison, I feel. As for Pep. Well, do not forget Barca under him were unbeatable, no team had more talent & in top form Messi, then.

Red nosed Alex was very good, but Jose had beaten him on many occasions. Even at Real, last time.

To me, Jose as a tactician, no one is better.

Completely agree with you there. But judging from manager point of view I really think he can't be compared to Sir Alex, that man is the true definition of a 'manager', a term being used far too loosely nowadays imo. Jose looks more like a head coach type now at Chelsea for me, he got the final say in transfer but obviously Emmenalo and Roman got more say in it. It isn't like his 1st spell anymore, I think now he could ask for a player but then we need to consider prices, wages, age, long term plan? and all that.

Completely agree with you there. But judging from manager point of view I really think he can't be compared to Sir Alex, that man is the true definition of a 'manager', a term being used far too loosely nowadays imo. Jose looks more like a head coach type now at Chelsea for me, he got the final say in transfer but obviously Emmenalo and Roman got more say in it. It isn't like his 1st spell anymore, I think now he could ask for a player but then we need to consider prices, wages, age, long term plan? and all that.

One cannot judge Jose based on whether he has the final say in the transfer of players.

If you were to own a club, would you allow one man to do whatever he pleases ? I would not. My money, my team, more heads to decide, I do not want to rely on one Jose only.

To compare red nosed to Jose, I only said Jose is a better tactician. Of course, red nosed had 25 years at United, the record says it all.

Rafa had less expectations...

When he was appointed, we were pretty much eliminated from the Champs league and from what I remembered, our league title was already gone by than....

In addition, he knew he was an "interim" so couldnt care less about other factors like Jose has to....

LAstly, the expectations from fans was pretty much impossible to obtain for Jose.....

I really cannot believe Im reading that people thought we played good football with Rafa...

Rafa had less expectations...

When he was appointed, we were pretty much eliminated from the Champs league and from what I remembered, our league title was already gone by than....

In addition, he knew he was an "interim" so couldnt care less about other factors like Jose has to....

LAstly, the expectations from fans was pretty much impossible to obtain for Jose.....

I really cannot believe Im reading that people thought we played good football with Rafa...

If you could name 1 person on here who said that I will be grateful. We had 'good MATCHES' under him(Villa, Basel...etc) no one said we played good football overall with him. Same as no one is saying he is better than Jose.

What expectations are you talking about? The basic ones like playing good proper attacking football? Winning at least a trophy every season or come pretty close to winning them?

The thing about Benitez was that he didn't have as many options as Mourinho.

Benitez had to rely on Hazard, Mata, Oscar and Moses....and in most games, the attacking midfielders played well.

The biggest problem is that, even after Benitez left, the board/manager did not address the key problem in central-midfield

Maybe if MVG wasn't injured, things would be different...but honestly, you can't expect to dominate the opposition with an ageing Lampard, Ramires, the slow Mikel and an ageing Essien.

We had the transfer window to buy a proven CM/DM...but instead we decided to buy a young CM & three attacking mids (including Atsu on loan at Vitesse)...

I think Atsu is actually bought as a CM.... He plays there sometimes for Vitesse

If you were to own a club, would you allow one man to do whatever he pleases ? I would not. My money, my team, more heads to decide, I do not want to rely on one Jose only.

If the owner is the one who decides which players to buy, then why does he need a manager in the first place?

Your philosophy is ridiculous in my opinion. Managers are to be given a budget, and with that budget they are to hire the players THEY think fit THEIR tactics and style, so they can do THEIR job. If you hire a manager and expect him to do miracles with a squad he doesn't know how to work with, then you'll be seeing plenty of bad results.

If you look at the most successful managers in the history of football, you'll come to the conclusion all of them were/are the type of managers with strong personality who don't let anyone pick their squad for them.

Naturally, the manager shouldn't be the one choosing how much money is spent. But he ALONE should be the one deciding who gets to join the team with the budget that he's given.

Just looking at the upcoming fixtures for us, it is a long hard run, Arsenal on Monday, then Swansea on Thursday, then Liverpool on Sunday then another game on the first and it goes on... :(

Southampton away on 1st as well...Arsenal, Swansea, Liverpool, Southampton, that could easily be 4 loses on the trot.

If the owner is the one who decides which players to buy, then why does he need a manager in the first place?

Your philosophy is ridiculous in my opinion. Managers are to be given a budget, and with that budget they are to hire the players THEY think fit THEIR tactics and style, so they can do THEIR job. If you hire a manager and expect him to do miracles with a squad he doesn't know how to work with, then you'll be seeing plenty of bad results.

If you look at the most successful managers in the history of football, you'll come to the conclusion all of them were/are the type of managers with strong personality who don't let anyone pick their squad for them.

Naturally, the manager shouldn't be the one choosing how much money is spent. But he ALONE should be the one deciding who gets to join the team with the budget that he's given.

Wrong & shortsighted peep.

Wrong & shortsighted peep.

This, if that is the case what is the job of the director of football lol. So say our budget is £50m and Jose wants to spend £40m on Ibra for example, the club would never allowed it because he doesn't fit the policy, of course Jose would get the final says in transfer but never his own way completely.