The Mourinho Thread

Yeah he made a couple selection errors but so what? We won 3-1, in good style imo. You have to adapt to your opponent and Jose could see what needed to happen to win the game. And people give our opponent no credit whatsoever, Pochettino and Southampton had one of the best defensive records going into the game and are playing superbly at the moment. I really can't see why anyone would want this game to turn out any differently. Maybe the Essien backpass is still on everyone's mind I don't know.

Don't think Mourinho deserves much criticism or much praise.

As we are still a very inconsistent team. We can play good against Southampton and totally fuck it up the next game.

It was just like that with Beniteze as well. Where we would play amazing one game and very horrible the next.

The real praise and real criticism will come once we have a set idea of what we actually want to play. At the moment it's all a clusterfuck with many different ideas, tactics and lineup.

I thought that by the end of December we would have a grasp of things but by the looks of it this might take the whole season before we really see what Mourinho is proposing, ie his philosophy.

As much as we've criticised Mourinho, bringing on Ba and that change in strategy at half time was amazing! Lacked that at times last season. But some people might have a point in saying why he didn't do that from the outset, but he reacted to the in-game situation better than his counterpart. So often Sir Alex did many subs like this to change the game (the game at Old Trafford with QPR). Reacting to the in-game situation is an important part of guiding a team to success.

On one hand people complain why he isn´t playing others. So he did yesterday. Essien was useless, 3 amigos should not play together..Frank, Ba came on, bingo, one well oiled machine was seen.

Don't think Mourinho deserves much criticism or much praise.

As we are still a very inconsistent team. We can play good against Southampton and totally fuck it up the next game.

It was just like that with Beniteze as well. Where we would play amazing one game and very horrible the next.

The real praise and real criticism will come once we have a set idea of what we actually want to play. At the moment it's all a clusterfuck with many different ideas, tactics and lineup.

I thought that by the end of December we would have a grasp of things but by the looks of it this might take the whole season before we really see what Mourinho is proposing, ie his philosophy.

Well, as usual it takes much longer for you...?

It's ok..

I am sure he will bring in a stud cm soon.

All Mourinho teams had stud cms....

Maybe another stud CB as well.

Ow yes, a stud! From the belgian golden stud award btw (a footballers contest) - the pics.

9atu4uby.jpg

7u3ebu8a.jpg

:Goober: I think I want a good footballer though!

It's stupid as fuck to praise Jose for changing the tactics and good subs when he cocked it up from the start.

so let me get this straight.

- jose should be critisized, abused, castrated for his team selection and the team's woeful performance.

- jose should not be praised when he accepts his mistakes, changes the whole tactics around by subbing off his mistake and also by getting a bunch of players to play wonderful football after half time.

where is the sense in that?

so let me get this straight.

- jose should be critisized, abused, castrated for his team selection and the team's woeful performance.

- jose should not be praised when he accepts his mistakes, changes the whole tactics around by subbing off his mistake and also by getting a bunch of players to play wonderful football after half time.

where is the sense in that?

The point is that we shouldn't have to wait til halftime to start playing well. We've started slowly and needed a tactical change in almost every fucking game this season, it's ridiculous.

The point is that we shouldn't have to wait til halftime to start playing well. We've started slowly and needed a tactical change in almost every fucking game this season, it's ridiculous.

Let's face it though, it's tough to come up with a set plan that is going to compliment every player in the squad. Makes it even more harder when we have so many players. It's not just drawing up on the board and creating strategies which will be used for long time. It's an experiment, mistakes are bound to happen and will until the end of the season. There are no quick fixes.

playing well is on players. it is not jose's fault that our players probably react better to the hair-dryer treatment than to the normal motivation speech that i expect jose would be giving at the start of the match.

-jose dint put in a poor line up against cardiff but he did do a good job in changing the match with his subs.

-same goes for norwich. we conceded in the 60-odd minutes. went 3 at the back, changed the the tactics and won it.

-newcastle was not a bad line-up but an overall poor performance on the team's part. (dont tell me u dint want mata to play that match after his performance at the emirates.)

-the only PL game i can actually think where he did make a mistake was tottenham and yesterday. and in both those games he rectified his mistake.

jose is doing his job my affecting the result of the game and that too in a good way (almost always), now it is upto our players to put in a good performance.

It's just like what Rmpr said recently. People can never seem to find a middle ground on Mourinho. There will be the bunch that completely overstates what he does and the other bunch goes totally over critical, just like what is happening above.

No shit sherlock!

We probably need to find another player like Ramires, if possible considering how his attributes and strengths are so important to us. Every time, I freak out if he happens to be on the ground in pain or looking as if he suffers from an injury. Nobody in the team right now will be able to replace him. Shame Essien has gone totally off the boil with all those injuries.

It's just like what Rmpr said recently. People can never seem to find a middle ground on Mourinho. There will be the bunch that completely overstates what he does and the other bunch goes totally over critical.

Agreed we need more fans like the Bahia fans

baea.gif

It's just like what Rmpr said recently. People can never seem to find a middle ground on Mourinho. There will be the bunch that completely overstates what he does and the other bunch goes totally over critical.

Agreed we need more fans like the Bahia fans

That we do !

Annoying and frustrating as it is.Plus side we have started playing well after half time not carrying on where we left off