The Mourinho Thread

bla bla bla bla

Same story every season.

Don't believe till see it with your own eyes.

Let them hate. I sure Jose isn't really tripping. He is The Best Gaffer the club has ever seen. The stats reflect this fact. The one stat that stands out to me....70% Winning percentage for CFC. I take that all day Every freakin Day!!!

This boring Chelsea tag is going to be a millstone around our necks for years to come. Arsenal had it for years under George Graham. Football is more then spending millions of pounds on some of the worlds best players and making them perform in a perfunctory manner. Football was called the beautiful game by Pele and yes its a results business but Chelsea have always played attacking football it's in our D.N.A. I think Chelsea fans have every right to criticize our style of football especially the Madrid and P.S.G. games where the formation was so inflexible. And when against P.S.G. your up against ten men and all the movement and ball retention was from the opposition. I've said it in another post but the one thing Mourinho care's about above everything else is to protect his legacy. It's ok playing negative football when your winning but if you start losing playing that style that's where the problems will arise and Mourinho will have to really show his tactical nous.

I think last year we played much better against big teams in terms of possesion and style than this year. Jose is really playing safe this time because he knows going another year without a PL will not suite for man of his reputation.

Our performance against Man City last year was spectacular with less squad quality. I am little bit dissapointed not seeing such performance this year but we are getting EPL.

But I am really optimistic about our football and also success in next year. :blue scalf:

This boring Chelsea tag is going to be a milestone around our necks for years to come. Arsenal had it for years under George Graham. Football is more then spending millions of pounds on some of the worlds best players and making them perform in a perfunctory manner. Football was called the beautiful game by Pele and yes its a results business but Chelsea have always played attacking football it's in our D.N.A. I think Chelsea fans have every right to criticize our style of football especially the Madrid and P.S.G. games where the formation was so inflexible. And when against P.S.G. your up against ten men and all the movement and ball retention was from the opposition. I've said it in another post but the one thing Mourinho care's about above everything else is to protect his legacy. It's ok playing negative football when your winning but if you start losing playing that style that's where the problems will arise and Mourinho will have to really shoe his tactical nous.

It's 'millstone' mate - the massive heavy stones they used for grinding :)

But yeah agree - a balance would be nice :)

It's 'millstone' mate - the massive heavy stones they used for grinding :)

But yeah agree - a balance would be nice :)

Yes sorry about the spelling i know what a millstone is i've been married to one for 20 years!

we parked the bus vs Liverpool in the 1st leg of the COC semi-final with all our weapons against a team whose 1st XI isn't half as good as ours and with a lot of inexperienced players.

I think in that game, that was our aim. Give the inexperienced Liverpool players lots of the ball so they have plenty more chances to fuck up

Fernando, on 21 Apr 2015 - 3:14 PM, said:

See you opportunist, I told you it was best to wait before talking trash.

You're really easy to wind up, you know.

Must have hurt to wait a week hoping for that result just so you can respond. :)

What other team over came a 3-1 deficit last season during the quarter final? Hm... Coached by who? Hm...

You're really easy to wind up, you know.

Must have hurt to wait a week hoping for that result just so you can respond. :)

What other team over came a 3-1 deficit last season during the quarter final? Hm... Coached by who? Hm...

No because its the truth. Having a second leg I knew Porto would lose if those idiots decide to park the bus.

Only Chelsea can do that.

No because its the truth. Having a second leg I knew Porto would lose if those idiots decide to park the bus.

Only Chelsea can do that.

Fair enough. I expected Porto to not make so many defensive mistakes, as based on their first leg performance. Looks like those two full backs were essential.