Chelsea v Aston Villa

Jase

Why you hate Baba so much?

Don't hate him, just see him as completely incapable of defending in EPL. If he couldn't be solid against a 4th division team or whatever in COC, how do you expect him to do in EPL? He was shaky at moments there, and I wasn't impressed against Maccabi either. I honestly see him being worse than Iva defensively and that says a lot.

I'm still angry that we had Luís and let him go because lack of playing time. Very stupid from Mourinho imo.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

judging someone defensively after 2 nothing games, is not right.

it might not be, but he doesn't make me feel good about the defense. We already enough defensively problems. I have no reasons to believe he'll turn around weak presentations against weak teams in top flight. He has a long way to go imo. not saying he won't ever be ready, but right now I think he'd compromise.

How can you say a player who was highly rated in the Bundesliga is incapable of defending in the EPL? We all know that his first game performance was just nerves. If he never plays how would ever adapt to the EPL?

it might not be, but he doesn't make me feel good about the defense. We already enough defensively problems. I have no reasons to believe he'll turn around weak presentations against weak teams in top flight. He has a long way to go imo. not saying he won't ever be ready, but right now I think he'd compromise.

2 natural fullbacks is mandatory , with our horrible lack of width. if jose dosent like baba, he should of got someone else/ got more fb options.

2 natural fullbacks is mandatory , with our horrible lack of width. if jose dosent like baba, he should of got someone else/ got more fb options.

Which is why I keep blaming Mourinho for our RB situation, it's his fault alone.

But maybe Iva is good for EPL :v LOL

he's out of form, no questions about it. But he's used to the league, no questions about that either.

I understand our situation makes people desperate for changes, but just because we need to change it doesn't mean anyone we throw there will solve the problem. I don't like Iva in the team, I don't think Baba is the answer. I'd rather Ramies, Zouma, Kenedy or whoever else Mourinho wants to play out of position there than Baba. I might prefer any of them over Iva too... What I really wish was for us to have started the season with two FB playing on their rightful positions. Azpili is playing in the wrong side and IVa is a CB playing as as RB. Mourinho has to be really naive or stupid to think this could go on forever...

As for the Bundesliga comment, seriously? That league couldn't be weaker for lack of more teams playing there. They have Bayern, and a merry-go-round for the second strength in the country. Germany has great players, not a great league, people confuse both things as the same, but they're completely different stuff.

Sure sure Iva is more ''experienced'' but what does that help if we still concede shitload...Meanwhile Rambo and Zouma cant say they are better at fullback because its not their spot. And our attack will be even worse if we play with Zouma at back four.

Playing Baba might be risk, but we wont have any worse defence because its already so bad, I dont think Baba can do worse than Iva, experience or not.

Sure sure Iva is more ''experienced'' but what does that help if we still concede shitload...Meanwhile Rambo and Zouma cant say they are better at fullback because its not their spot. And our attack will be even worse if we play with Zouma at back four.

Playing Baba might be risk, but we wont have any worse defence because its already so bad, I dont think Baba can do worse than Iva, experience or not.

but when I watched him playing I didn't feel it was only experience. He was off pace, he was shaky, he was soft. That's not only experience, although also because of that.

You might have a point in saying there's no way we can be worse than we already are. I'm looking into improving, I don't think he can, but on the other hand can he worsen? Probably not because I don't think we could be any worse defensively, so yeah, like we'd say in Portuguese it'd be changing six for half a dozen.

I 'd rather see Zouma on CB(he is just our best CB) and Rami(i don't think he will be good at RB) as midfielder. If Iva is out of form so we need to changes him and we have subs to do it! Baba didn't play any BPL match so far and Mou told some shit about "5 tall players on pitch" lol.

But when Iva will be fit he will play no matter what...

I like the idea of inverted full-backs, Jose just hasn't got the right players for it. Lazio usually do. The idea being these players essentially are just wing-backs but with the intention of cutting in & shooting instead of hugging the line & crossing. You obviously need players with powerful shots on them which isn't the top priority in a defender usually but it's a fun idea, especially if you find a player who's very 2-footed. One day we'll have fullbacks scoring 10+ goals a season.