• Matic (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say it for you.......A poor Guzan kick out gifts us the first goal. A very lucky deflection gifts us the second goal. We created nothing. How many real chances did we make? How many times did we break through to test their keeper? How many dangerous crosses did we send in? None to my memory (but I'm old :angry: ) And this was against bloody Aston Villa!!!!! The whipping boys of the league.

Granted, it's great to get the win, but if we had lost at home to Villa with the squad we have, what would you all be saying? and Mourinho would definitely have to go. We were nowhere near the classy free-flowing football we played in the first half of last season. Next two league matches will measure how much we have improved....West Ham away and then Liverpool at home. I will judge after those. Sorry if this sounds negative, but I saw a spark of recovery, not a raging fire.

Hard after euro break usually so after bad results a win should give us a decent platform to build on,hope we get a solid performance midweek and keep improving&fighting.

Actually there is a very close correlation between your rankings and his .. His are merely higher on average ,, but try a Spearsman test on them

Brilliant ratings Rlc and Hazard the same lol , Hazard played i think 9mins

Need that energy & fight & hunger Costa,Ruben,Willian,Azpil,Zouma,Ramires showed ,with everybody else who puts on the famous blue shirt ,before we show our class and win the battle to play the way we can.

A win and zero goals conceded. After this awful streak, I can't ask more, something is something.

Willy probably at one of his best levels that I remember, and is good to see Diego get back with a goal.

I hope that this is the start of our raise. Please!.

I can't believe people are moaning again ( moaning less, but moaning still... ).

We were never going to come out and tear them to pieces, every team playing us in the next games will be playing for the W, even Dynamo on Tuesday, because we were poor.

I was pleased with what Jose had to say after the game : Control the midfield first, give stability to the team, we'll come back to the Chelsea of last year later.

I can only agree with him, Eden isn't going to be on the bench every game, Oscar and Matic either, but if we can keep our players fresh(er) for the second part of the season, it would be awesome for a change.

I just feel that what this crisis might mainly teach Mourinho is fucking rotate your players and create the sense of urgency in all the players, not only by talking to them, but actually playing them and giving them confidence.

I will just leave one fact here, if we do enough to beat West Ham next week, we will be 3 points off top 4, now that would've have escalated quickly wouldn't it ? There is also a Manchester Derby btw, so we might even recovera point or two off the top.

I didn't like Baba defensively, as I suspected from his two first games, but then again, how can he learn if he doesn't play ? Brilliant decision from José to put Pedro/Willian on that wing, I knew straight away from the starting XI that that was the reason he dropped Hazard, and they both did good when defending in the side of Baba.

Now win the next two, and we wouldn't be in a position as bad as people make it sound ( we are now in fact ).

UP THE CHELS !

ONLY 5 POINTS FROM TOP 4!!!!! :dance::getin::dance::getin:

This. As pitiful as we have played, this is utterly amazing to only be 5 behind.

Today's performance was pretty "meh", except that the back line looked improved, though you have to take into account it was Villa.

When are we going to play with purpose up front? We have to be one of the weakest attacking clubs this year.

I think [insert your choice here]-Oscar-Willian is becoming clearly best behind Costa. Pedro has been a slight disappointment. He takes some long range shots instead of passing to open players too much for taste. Insert Your Choice would naturally seem to be Hazard, but he just has not shown he is up to it this year. Pedro? See above. Do you put Ramires here? I would not. Kenedy? So, I'll stick with IYC-Oscar-Willian.

In midfield, RLC should play more in my opinion. Thought Matic showed better today. Fabregas just looks outta gas. Matic-RLC or Ramires-RLC best option?

Thought Baba looked really bad first half today, but improved in the second half. Is Baba-JT-Zouma-Azpi our best back line?

Next four matches through the end of October are big if we are to make a push towards Top 4 in BPL and contend to some degree in the UCL. Need to win Tuesday and then earn 6-7 points out of a possible 9 at West Ham, at Stoke and vs. Liverpool.

Is 6 or 7 points from those three matches too much for this squad?

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: