Porto v Chelsea

Jase

Seriously, if we lose this could it be the end of Mourinho at SW6? Abra wants youth and Barcelona style playing style so Jose gives him Mikel and Ivanovic with Ramires on the wing. Add that to the PR shitstorms the club is in at the moment and you have a whole bunch of factors supporting sacking Mou. Especially if he gives this lineup and ends up losing to Porto.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guy we picked up from the Bundesliga who has done absolutely nothing yet to merit a start.

Current form? Last 3 matches Ivanovic has played like he has been for the past 3 seasons. Do I think Ivanovic in any form should be our right back? No but Jose disagrees and we've bought no one who can replace him in our XI. He is NOT our biggest problem at the moment in the sense that we've had this issue for years now so it is not the source of our current sufferings.

Some would say .. OUR biggest problem atm is our Manager .

If Baba is not 'decent', I would like to know your opinion of Ivanovic.

An aging CB playing at RB. He's barely good enough with very obvious flaws. But he's experienced and a leader. Till now, I'd choose him over Baba because I think he's more likely to put in a good performance. I haven't seen anything from Baba yet to suggest he can put in a performance like Iva did vs Arsenal for example.

Some guy we picked up from the Bundesliga who has done absolutely nothing yet to merit a start.

Current form? Last 3 matches Ivanovic has played like he has been for the past 3 seasons. Do I think Ivanovic in any form should be our right back? No but Jose disagrees and we've bought no one who can replace him in our XI. He is NOT our biggest problem at the moment in the sense that we've had this issue for years now so it is not the source of our current sufferings.

Done absolutely nothing , except demonstrate the enormous value of having proper fullback.

Wow, tough crowd to please here. I know Ivanovic is a lightning rod, among many other things I am sure, but many have complained about Jose playing the same 11 or 12 over and over and so he mixes it up, and it is OMG that is the worst lineup in the history of CFC.

We all know something has to be done and mix it up and create a spark (or perhaps a dumpster fire) but let's give this one a shot. Can this XI really play worse than the first half Saturday?

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

As with Filipe Luis, how the hell is Baba supposed to reach his best form and get used to playing for Chelsea if he's never selected or only given a game here and there?

The title ain't happening this season and we have a FB who's struggling mightily week in and week out. Just fucking throw Baba in and get him up to speed. He is our future, not Ivanovic.

Оscar not even on the bench?? Oh, I'm sure he has slight injury...

I am still not sure he has 100% recovered from the concussion in April vs Arsenal. I think that may be the "mystery" illness that kind of comes and goes, which is common to those injuries.

merit and ivanovic? seriously? who are you kidding dude?

Still Iva is the regular starter and Baba has done nothing to displace him yet. It's not about IVa, it's about Baba.

He hasn't even had a chance against a decent team.

He has however had a couple of chances against weaker teams and hasn't convinced. Ideally you'd wait for him to settle in a bit more and hopefully do better against weaker teams before he is given a chance against a decent team.

Some would say .. OUR biggest problem atm is our Manager .

Maybe. But that's for Roman and the board to act upon. But concerning team selection TONIGHT I think his choices are justified.