Papy Djilobodji

pHaRaOn

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Derisory 20 M pounds bid ? Or a realistic price for a hugely overrated center half? You decide. If we pay anything over 30M for him in the summer then we have lost the plot. We really will have.

We went after Marquinhos after failing to get Stones, I'm still confused why we didn't go after Marquinhos to start with if we really wanted him or even Laporte if we wanted a young CB. 

Hugely over-rated?  Certainly not and he's English to boot which means he's more expensive than the likes of Laporte. 

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 21/01/2016 at 2:02 PM, manpe said:

Luxury player by definition :)

So, Papy is gone.. That means we either sign somebody to replace him or just have Cahill keep the seat warm for some youngster. However I do wonder how the club convinces such players to join, are they promised first team football or what? Either the club lies through its teeth or the players simply doesn't care as long as they laugh their way to the bank. Everybody and their grandmother could tell that he was lucky to even step on the pitch for those 62 seconds under Mourinho, everybody knew the moment he signed he had no chance. They have some really bad advisors.

Why wouldn't he? He was floating around in the bottom half of the French league not really going anywhere in his career at 26 years old and all of a sudden you are being offered the chance to join Chelsea.

He had nothing to lose, if it went well he became member of the squad in one of the biggest clubs and if it didnt he leaves and probably gets a decent move on th back of being on Chelsea's books, which he has done.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Why wouldn't he? He was floating around in the bottom half of the French league not really going anywhere in his career at 26 years old and all of a sudden you are being offered the chance to join Chelsea.

He had nothing to lose, if it went well he became member of the squad in one of the biggest clubs and if it didnt he leaves and probably gets a decent move on th back of being on Chelsea's books, which he has done.

Yeah, makes sense. Not from our part though.

Just now, bellion said:

Hugely over-rated?  Certainly not and he's English to boot which means he's more expensive than the likes of Laporte. 

He certainly is overrated, he is nowhere near as good as Roberto Martinez or any pundits these days make out, like I said he takes too many risks to be a top top CB, he is like a less talented English David Luiz... the likes of Rio Ferdinand and JT were top top defenders, who could play out but they also knew when to put there foot threw the ball and get it away instead of fannying about with it thinking he is Pele. John Stones is trying to obviously play out which he can do very well but there is always a time when you need to stop trying to be too smart and play percentages, like the game against Swansea what was he doing even attempting to pass that back to Howard? Play for a throw in instead of dribbling it out the box before doing a stupid feint thing like a smart arse. You wouldn't have caught guys like John Terry, Rio Ferdinand or even Gary Cahill or Chris Smalling doing that. 

9 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

Will be interested to see how he does in Germany. I remember having an argument with Pacquiao about how he wasn't good enough for us, with Pacquaio telling me how much French football I watch. Good times. 

Most of are loaness seem to do well in the germany league over the years the like of KDB and Hazard now papy and Christensen it must be easy league to adapt too 

1 hour ago, CHOULO19 said:

Did you watch it? If so, how did he do? 

I thought he did good and is becoming something of a fan favorite at Werder. The team conceded three which is never good as a defender but they weren't directly his fault. Also was unlucky not to score from a FK as his team fought back from 0-2 and 1-3 to tie 3-3. They were flirting with relegated but are undefeated with King Papy. Definitely interested on keeping an eye on him for the rest of the season.

oh and Kalou scored in the game to make him the first player to score 10+ in a season in France, England and Germany. :lol:

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

Correct me if I'm wrong did kalou not score 10+ in the Dutch as well

he sure did. The announcer only mentioned the aforementioned countries but he scores 20 in the league one year in the Netherlands.