Papy Djilobodji

pHaRaOn

I don't think people understand why we didn't go for a better defender last summer... It's clear the club has set their sights on trying with Stones/Marquinhos again, hence why they brought in a fringe player to cover just in case. Simple.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think people understand why we didn't go for a better defender last summer... It's clear the club has set their sights on trying with Stones/Marquinhos again, hence why they brought in a fringe player to cover just in case. Simple.

I think Chelsea supporters are able to understand that, but that's not the issue. He's emblematic of a number of issues like the lack of ambition and ineptitude of some people who hold positions of responsibility at this club, most notably the chap you have in your avatar.

Don't know if you've noticed but he's not the most popular guy amongst Chelsea supporters.

I think Chelsea supporters are able to understand that, but that's not the issue. He's emblematic of a number of issues like the lack of ambition and ineptitude of some people who hold positions of responsibility at this club, most notably the chap you have in your avatar.

Don't know if you've noticed but he's not the most popular guy amongst Chelsea supporters.

I know he's not, but I've defended him for a long time. Think he gets undeserved stick. When people were crooning over the work the board did last season, all the praise seemingly went to Jose, barely any to Mike. Now, after we've had a very poor summer, he's blamed for it which isn't fair because he isn't really the decision maker. His primary function is and always has been to assist the first team manager.

I know he's not, but I've defended him for a long time. Think he gets undeserved stick. When people were crooning over the work the board did last season, all the praise seemingly went to Jose, barely any to Mike. Now, after we've had a very poor summer, he's blamed for it which isn't fair because he isn't really the decision maker. His primary function is and always has been to assist the first team manager.

Do you think 'Mike' is competent enough to hold such a position of power at one of the biggest clubs in the world? Do you want him being the guy who oversees our philosophy going forward, because for a couple of days last week he was the most senior 'football man' at the club? That is ridiculous.

Last summer we did good business and we did it early. Jose identified his targets and they went through smoothly (under Gourlay, not Gronvskaia it should be noted) but this summer was a failure yet this guy gets away unscathed. Instead we fiddle with the coach's position. To me it's sickening having this guy in charge of so much.

Do you think 'Mike' is competent enough to hold such a position of power at one of the biggest clubs in the world? Do you want him being the guy who oversees our philosophy going forward, because for a couple of days last week he was the most senior 'football man' at the club? That is ridiculous.

Last summer we did good business and we did it early. Jose identified his targets and they went through smoothly (under Gourlay, not Gronvskaia it should be noted) but this summer was a failure yet this guy gets away unscathed. Instead we fiddle with the coach's position. To me it's sickening having this guy in charge of so much.

Like I said, he doesn't decide anything, that's higher up. He's merely there to assist the scouting team, youth set up and first team manager. He's not in charge of much at all.

Like I said, he doesn't decide anything, that's higher up. He's merely there to assist the scouting team, youth set up and first team manager. He's not in charge of much at all.

So you've defended someone despite acknowledging that they're not in charge of much? If that's the case how can you defend them if the measurables are so hard to see from the outside?

And how on Earth can the technical director role of such a big club be described as not 'being in charge of much at all'? That in itself is a damning indictment of the way the club is run is it not? You seem to think he is deserving of more credit whilst absolving him of responsibility.

Defend Dorris the canteen lady if you want, I can tell you what she does. You apparently defend Mike and don't know what he does beyond 'assist' :D

Not having a go but you have to see the funny side. You stick him in your avatar to wind people up but don't know much about him, except that he likes to be called Mike apparently. Is he allowed to decide what he's called or is that further up the chain too?

So you've defended someone despite acknowledging that they're not in charge of much? If that's the case how can you defend them if the measurables are so hard to see from the outside?

And how on Earth can the technical director role of such a big club be described as not 'being in charge of much at all'? That in itself is a damning indictment of the way the club is run is it not? You seem to think he is deserving of more credit whilst absolving him of responsibility.

Defend Dorris the canteen lady if you want, I can tell you what she does. You apparently defend Mike and don't know what he does beyond 'assist' :D

Not having a go but you have to see the funny side. You stick him in your avatar to wind people up but don't know much about him, except that he likes to be called Mike apparently. Is he allowed to decide what he's called or is that further up the chain too?

That is exactly why I defend him - the fact that he doesn't actually decide too much - i.e. overseeing our vision, our identity, the managers we bring in etc; this is all decided by the powers above him - when people accuse him of not doing the aforementioned properly... That is exactly why I think the stick he's getting is unfair.

The only thing he seems to have quite a bit of authority in is player recruitment (i.e. finding targets the manager and the board have set out for the team). Apart from that, Emenalo isn't your conventional technical/sporting director. I think his role is actually misunderstood.

That is exactly why I defend him - the fact that he doesn't actually decide too much - i.e. overseeing our vision, our identity, the managers we bring in etc; this is all decided by the powers above him - when people accuse him of not doing the aforementioned properly... That is exactly why I think the stick he's getting is unfair.

The only thing he seems to have quite a bit of authority in is player recruitment (i.e. finding targets the manager and the board have set out for the team). Apart from that, Emenalo isn't your conventional technical/sporting director. I think his role is actually misunderstood.

He's the appointed punching bag for our supporters.

In that case why do we need him? If he's utterly powerless or too gutless to stand up to Roman then that's further proof that he's been promoted far too high. If he's just an empty shirt, what message does that send?

You're either defending him because you think he's done a good job (I don't) or you're defending him because despite being in what should be a key position in the club, he's without responsibility. Neither is a case for retaining him and both point to a real blind spot on the part of our owner which should feel you with dread, no?

I just don't know how anybody can look at Emenalo or Grant a few years ago and feel happy or secure that they are part of the club.

In that case why do we need him? If he's utterly powerless or too gutless to stand up to Roman then that's further proof that he's been promoted far too high. If he's just an empty shirt, what message does that send?

You're either defending him because you think he's done a good job (I don't) or you're defending him because despite being in what should be a key position in the club, he's without responsibility. Neither is a case for retaining him and both point to a real blind spot on the part of our owner which should feel you with dread, no?

I just don't know how anybody can look at Emenalo or Grant a few years ago and feel happy or secure that they are part of the club.

This dude has been playing the same tune for the past 4 or 5 day.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, the wes said:

Papy Djilobodji set to end Chelsea nightmare – Stuttgart interested [L’Equipe]

I still don't understand why we signed him. This has to be one of the most pointless transfers I've ever seen

Also, according to the L'Equipe article, Stuttgart aren't interested in buying, they want a 12-18 month loan deal