Papy Djilobodji

pHaRaOn

30 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

But people want to take God knows what conclusion from signing Papy Djilobodji.

That we're becoming irrelevant and such. Which is not very clever and only good for banter. I thought it was only banter but when I see people speak about this seriously ...

It's telling that someone at the club doesn't do his/her job properly.

We knew since the 2014/15 season we needed a new cb (back then i thought only one cb would be enough, i think we need at least 2 now) So we chased Stones the whole summer in a clumsy pathetic way, when Everton didn't give up what was our answer? Laporte? Marquinhos? (Better players than Stones anyway) No, Djilobodji.

We had a whole season to prepare ourselves to get a first team quality CB, when we didn't get our main target we didn't know what to do anymore and at deadline day we got this guy, a backup quality cb for a team that needed a first team quality cb, and the results are there for everyone to see, our defence is a pathetic mess.

It's not how a club that wants to compete at the top level operates. 

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Barca chased Laporte and ended with Vermaelen, Mathieu and Douglas.

Won a treble.

This means nothing really, Djilobodji transfer meant nothing but people want to take from this too much conclusions. Far too much.

Absolutely zero relevance to Barcelona.  The quality of Barca's first team speaks for itself.

It means that Chelsea didn't have a plan B last summer and failed to strengthen the defense.

7 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

It's telling that someone at the club doesn't do his/her job properly.

We knew since the 2014/15 season we needed a new cb (back then i thought only one cb would be enough, i think we need at least 2 now) So we chased Stones the whole summer in a clumsy pathetic way, when Everton didn't give up what was our answer? Laporte? Marquinhos? (Better players than Stones anyway) No, Djilobodji.

We had a whole season to prepare ourselves to get a first team quality CB, when we didn't get our main target we didn't know what to do anymore and at deadline day we got this guy, a backup quality cb for a team that needed a first team quality cb, and the results are there for everyone to see, our defence is a pathetic mess.

It's not how a club that wants to compete at the top level operates. 

I think club perfectly knows that they need new CB.

But it's what I said in Transfer section. That they didn't settle for second best, finally. And I'm quite happy about it. Realistically, let's say who else we could get. Only Marquinhos is on the same level, talent. But it's PSG at the end, they don't have to sell. Laporte, Barca and Real try to buy him for a couple of year but Billbao doesn't want to sell. Their situation is that they have very small group of players to choose from so it's very hard to buy from them as they realistically don't need the money to replace such player as they won't have options to replace him with their Basque-only rule.

So either throw 50m€ on Laporte or you won't buy him. 50m is the highest sum ever paid for a defender. Is he worth it ? No.

Realistically, with cool emotions, the only one defender we could sign in the summer on good level, good age, not throwing money away is Abdennour. But it's the thing I wrote about settling for second best.

Yes, Stones saga was a fiasco. But look at Manchester United for example. They want CB badly, they have money available but pool of players is very short. Barca settled for Mathieu and Vearmalen even though they want top class CB for years.

Chelsea could do the same but I'm happy they didn't.

5 minutes ago, bellion said:

Absolutely zero relevance to Barcelona.  The quality of Barca's first team speaks for itself.

It means that Chelsea didn't have a plan B last summer and failed to strengthen the defense.

Mate, Barca were in the same situation as Chelsea as they want top class CB. They signed Vermaelen who played 30 minutes or something last season. Chelsea didn't settle for that, they wait to buy proper CB this summer (maybe Marquinhos, Stones), alongside that they bought some guy from old scout recommandation who can be cheap cover. That's it.

7 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Mate, Barca were in the same situation as Chelsea as they want top class CB. They signed Vermaelen who played 30 minutes or something last season. Chelsea didn't settle for that, they wait to buy proper CB this summer (maybe Marquinhos, Stones), alongside that they bought some guy from old scout recommandation who can be cheap cover. That's it.

Your cheap cover would hold more water if Papy was staying instead of being loaned out in January.

Citing Barcelona or whatever club comes to your fancy does NOT excuse the shambles of a transfer window.

20 minutes ago, bellion said:

Your cheap cover would hold more water if Papy was staying instead of being loaned out in January.

Citing Barcelona or whatever club comes to your fancy does NOT excuse the shambles of a transfer window.

It allows you to see things from perspective.

Yes, better buy second best players and then moan that the shaped squad is terrible. You're all on Pato transfer I assume ?

"Damned if you do, damned if you don't"

I will wait patiently. The fact is this squad is more than good enough for top4 and if Leicester or Spurs challange for championship, this Chelsea squad is even good enough for that.

Arsenal had shambolic transfer window, so too Manchester United. Yet we're behind them. That's the perspective I'm talking about.

29 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I think club perfectly knows that they need new CB.

But it's what I said in Transfer section. That they didn't settle for second best, finally. And I'm quite happy about it. Realistically, let's say who else we could get. Only Marquinhos is on the same level, talent. But it's PSG at the end, they don't have to sell. Laporte, Barca and Real try to buy him for a couple of year but Billbao doesn't want to sell. Their situation is that they have very small group of players to choose from so it's very hard to buy from them as they realistically don't need the money to replace such player as they won't have options to replace him with their Basque-only rule.

So either throw 50m€ on Laporte or you won't buy him. 50m is the highest sum ever paid for a defender. Is he worth it ? No.

Realistically, with cool emotions, the only one defender we could sign in the summer on good level, good age, not throwing money away is Abdennour. But it's the thing I wrote about settling for second best.

Yes, Stones saga was a fiasco. But look at Manchester United for example. They want CB badly, they have money available but pool of players is very short. Barca settled for Mathieu and Vearmalen even though they want top class CB for years.

Chelsea could do the same but I'm happy they didn't.

You do realize we settled for 7th best? At least 7th.

Laporte clause is 50m € if i'm not mistaken, that's should be around 37m pounds, he's class, already better than Stones, and potentially better than Stones in the future., the only reason we want Stones it's because he's English and a good prospect, that's it, but we'd actually need someone on Laporte level. 
There were rumours that we did bid for Marquinhos on deadline day, PSG didn't notify Marquinhos about the bid, as he'd be interested to join according tothe same rumours, either way it's not something you do the last day of the summer market after a whole summer of chasing Stones.

Furthermore, the pool of players in the CB positions is not as bad as you make it look, do i need to remind you that in the summer there was a certain Otamendi up for grabs, while we fucked around with Stones? 

From any point of view this transfer was a mess and quite a sign that someone at the club is fucking around.

34 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Citing Barcelona or whatever club comes to your fancy does NOT excuse 

7 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

It allows you to see things from perspective.

Yes, better buy second best players and then moan that the shaped squad is terrible. You're all on Pato transfer I assume ?

"Damned if you do, damned if you don't"

I will wait patiently. The fact is this squad is more than good enough for top4 and if Leicester or Spurs challange for championship, this Chelsea squad is even good enough for that.

Arsenal had shambolic transfer window, so too Manchester United. Yet we're behind them. That's the perspective I'm talking about.

Who's talking about buying second best players?  It's about buying equivalent players with a plan B in mind.  If Stones isn't available this summer, does that mean the club can shut out all other options?  

Keep believing that the squad is good enough for TOP 4 on paper when reality shows where the club lies which is in 14th place.  

Meanwhile, keep up your defense of Emenalo and his shambolic dealings.

21 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

You do realize we settled for 7th best? At least 7th.

Laporte clause is 50m € if i'm not mistaken, that's should be around 37m pounds, he's class, already better than Stones, and potentially better than Stones in the future., the only reason we want Stones it's because he's English and a good prospect, that's it, but we'd actually need someone on Laporte level. 
There were rumours that we did bid for Marquinhos on deadline day, PSG didn't notify Marquinhos about the bid, as he'd be interested to join according tothe same rumours, either way it's not something you do the last day of the summer market after a whole summer of chasing Stones.

Furthermore, the pool of players in the CB positions is not as bad as you make it look, do i need to remind you that in the summer there was a certain Otamendi up for grabs, while we fucked around with Stones? 

From any point of view this transfer was a mess and quite a sign that someone at the club is fucking around.

So do you say to me, basically, fuck it, Laporte has releause clause of 50m€, which would be the highest transfer for defender ever, for a guy who achieved nothing and is 21 ? Therefore not being stupid enough to pay it is a failure ?

That's definition of throwing toys out of pram.

Nicolas Otamendi was player with one good season under his belt, who before his move to Valencia was coming back to South America as Porto wanted to get rid of him and sold him for cheap. Even though I like him very much, he was sold for what, 45m€ ? After one good season. And btw, I don't think he's settling that well in England as was surely a concern for other English sides.

Yes, I'd like Chelsea to spend obscene amount of money for every hot prospect like every supporter would want but I can understand club that they don't want to be held to ransom anymore. It's reasonable.

6 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

So do you say to me, basically, fuck it, Laporte has releause clause of 50m€, which would be the highest transfer for defender ever, for a guy who achieved nothing and is 21 ? Therefore not being stupid enough to pay it is a failure ?

That's definition of throwing toys out of pram.

Nicolas Otamendi was player with one good season under his belt, who before his move to Valencia was coming back to South America as Porto wanted to get rid of him and sold him for cheap. Even though I like him very much, he was sold for what, 45m€ ? After one good season. And btw, I don't think he's settling that well in England as was surely a concern for other English sides.

Yes, I'd like Chelsea to spend obscene amount of money for every hot prospect like every supporter would want but I can understand club that they don't want to be held to ransom anymore. It's reasonable.

You do know we bid 37m pounds aka 50m € for Stones? :lol: A worse defender than Laporte.

21 hours ago, bellion said:

Citing Barcelona or whatever club comes to your fancy does NOT excuse 

Who's talking about buying second best players?  It's about buying equivalent players with a plan B in mind.  If Stones isn't available this summer, does that mean the club can shut out all other options?  

Keep believing that the squad is good enough for TOP 4 on paper when reality shows where the club lies which is in 14th place.  

Meanwhile, keep up your defense of Emenalo and his shambolic dealings.

1) For the last time, Papy Djilobodji transfer meant nothing as Douglas transfer meant nothing for Barcelona. Citing him as an example for transfer failings is cheap, unfounded and quite frankly not reasonable and only good for banter, not to use him in argument. Let's leave it as it is.

2) Top CB market is limited. Chelsea wanted top CB in the summer, who can blame them ? As Barcelona showed and Manchester United showed it's not easy, very hard actually to buy top CB or top young prospect. Let's not throw toys out of pram. Chelsea wanted top quality (finally), not settling for second best, stop-gap signings and cheaper alternatives (finally). I appreciate it.

3) Let's not see black and white things. So many people praised Chelsea after 2014 summer transfer window but why ? They bought good players. But those players (Cesc, Diego Costa, Filipe Luis) were easy to buy. Barca wanted to get rid of Cesc and Diego Costa had a release clause. This time (summer 2015) was way more difficult. But a failure wasn't due of lack of trying but harder circumstances. I hate this narrative that 2014 window was perfect and 2015 was shambolic as it doesn't work like that and you can't judge it this way. Let's hope that waiting to good players being available in 2016 will pay off as I'm fairly optimistic it will. Let's see.

4) Of course this squad is capable of top4. Leicester is in top4. Chelsea were in top4 fairly easly with this squad in the last 3 seasons. And the squad average age is 26,5 so literally perfect, prime years.

5) Emenalo is not responsible for majority of things he is blamed for. Certainly not for the shape of the squad. Chelsea hire many senior scouts who have far more important input here.

33 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

You do know we bid 37m pounds aka 50m € for Stones? :lol: A worse defender than Laporte.

Mate, talking to you is pointless. You're acting like a spoiled brat. Ehh. :)

Get your facts right btw.

I'm out.

4 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I'm out.

And why that would be? :lol:  I'm sorry, but unless i've got things mixed up 37 m pounds is 50m €
Your arguments are lacking so you call others spoiled brat?

25 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

1) For the last time, Papy Djilobodji transfer meant nothing as Douglas transfer meant nothing for Barcelona. Citing him as an example for transfer failings is cheap, unfounded and quite frankly not reasonable and only good for banter, not to use him in argument. Let's leave it as it is.

2) Top CB market is limited. Chelsea wanted top CB in the summer, who can blame them ? As Barcelona showed and Manchester United showed it's not easy, very hard actually to buy top CB or top young prospect. Let's not throw toys out of pram. Chelsea wanted top quality (finally), not settling for second best, stop-gap signings and cheaper alternatives (finally). I appreciate it.

3) Let's not see black and white things. So many people praised Chelsea after 2014 summer transfer window but why ? They bought good players. But those players (Cesc, Diego Costa, Filipe Luis) were easy to buy. Barca wanted to get rid of Cesc and Diego Costa had a release clause. This time (summer 2015) was way more difficult. But a failure wasn't due of lack of trying but harder circumstances. I hate this narrative that 2014 window was perfect and 2015 was shambolic as it doesn't work like that and you can't judge it this way. Let's hope that waiting to good players being available in 2016 will pay off as I'm fairly optimistic it will. Let's see.

4) Of course this squad is capable of top4. Leicester is in top4. Chelsea were in top4 fairly easly with this squad in the last 3 seasons. And the squad average age is 26,5 so literally perfect, prime years.

5) Emenalo is not responsible for majority of things he is blamed for. Certainly not for the shape of the squad. Chelsea hire many senior scouts who have far more important input here.

Signing Papy (and Hector) on the last day of the transfer window right after the Stones transfer collapsed smacks of a desperate move to make up for a transfer failing.  This is not a "nothing" transfer as you put it.

I couldn't care less about Man Utd or Barcelona's transfers - it's Emenalo's job to find the players that the manager (Mourinho then) wants and he had months to prepare for that.

In this thread, you complained about Laporte being over-priced and you are glad that the club did not pay that huge fee for him.  Well, that's the reality of the transfer market - if the club wants the best players, they need to pay top dollar for them.  Which completely goes against your wish that Chelsea should only buy top quality players.  If you want top quality, pay the big bucks otherwise settle for  the likes of Papy and Pato.  Contrary to what you posted, Chelsea is very much into buying cheaper and poorer alternatives (Papy, Hector) and washed outs (Pato, Falcao)

So what if Chelsea is a so-called top 4 team?  Where are they now? 

Emenalo IS responsible for signing players and the shambles of a transfer season has exposed him for the failure that he is. 

24 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

And why that would be? :lol:  I'm sorry, but unless i've got things mixed up 37 m pounds is 50m €
Your arguments are lacking so you call others spoiled brat?

There are absolutely no logical arguments whatsoever to support that shambles of a transfer window last summer.

The team is better on paper than what its current position suggests but in no way does it excuse Emenalo from screwing up big time with his pathetic purchases and colossal failure in landing Stones. 

The club's initial bid for Stones was a derisory 20 million pounds - what the fuck??!!  Does anyone with at least a brain cell expect Everton to take such a low-balling bid seriously? 

Just now, bellion said:

There are absolutely no logical arguments whatsoever to support that shambles of a transfer window last summer.

The team is better on paper than what its current position suggests but in no way does it excuse Emenalo from screwing up big time with his pathetic purchases and colossal failure in landing Stones. 

The club's initial bid for Stones was a derisory 20 million pounds - what the fuck??!!  Does anyone with at least a brain cell expect Everton to take such a low-balling bid seriously? 

Derisory 20 M pounds bid ? Or a realistic price for a hugely overrated center half? You decide. If we pay anything over 30M for him in the summer then we have lost the plot. We really will have.

We went after Marquinhos after failing to get Stones, I'm still confused why we didn't go after Marquinhos to start with if we really wanted him or even Laporte if we wanted a young CB. 

5 hours ago, bellion said:

And way too late in the transfer window - not allowing Everton time to find proper replacement.

8 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I'm out.

Don't know why you even bothered. Blue Fox has been PMSing ever since "the individual" got the sack. Just put him on ignore. It'll save you the trouble.