Papy Djilobodji

pHaRaOn

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a ridiculous statement. If that's the case then no-one is able to have an opinion on any footballer unless they watch them every week :lol: Have a word with yourself.

But how would an obscure name like papy , impress if you didn't watch him regularly?

What a ridiculous statement. If that's the case then no-one is able to have an opinion on any footballer unless they watch them every week :lol: Have a word with yourself.

LOL he never really impressed you when he was in France! :lol: he played in France for 6 seasons! so are you saying you watched him regularly for 6 seasons to make such a statement?

there is one thing having an opinion, and there is another thing calling someone average when you clearly dont watch him regularly to make such a judgment! Its ridiculous to call a player average after only watching them play a small amount of games! if someone had never seen Hazard play before and just watched him this season for the first time they would think he is below average! but yeah i bet you have watched Djilobodji play many times right? :lol: :lol: :lol: Have a word with yourself.

LOL he never really impressed you when he was in France! :lol: he played in France for 6 seasons! so are you saying you watched him regularly for 6 seasons to make such a statement?

there is one thing having an opinion, and there is another thing calling someone average when you clearly dont watch him regularly to make such a judgment! Its ridiculous to call a player average after only watching them play a small amount of games! if someone had never seen Hazard play before and just watched him this season for the first time they would think he is below average! but yeah i bet you have watched Djilobodji play many times right? :lol: :lol: :lol: Have a word with yourself.

Considering the point you're trying but failing to make is based around how much French football you presume I watch, we'll just leave this here.

If Papy was anything more than average he'd be playing for us and our beyond shit defence, but I presume as he has a high 70s rating on FIFA you must figure he's William Gallas born again.

Considering the point you're trying but failing to make is based around how much French football you presume I watch, we'll just leave this here.

If Papy was anything more than average he'd be playing for us and our beyond shit defence, but I presume as he has a high 70s rating on FIFA you must figure he's William Gallas born again.

i dont play Fifa, and i am sure he isnt very good otherwise he would have played more minutes for us, but you based your opinion on apparently watching him in France, and its obvious you havent watched him regularly enough to say he hasnt impressed you in France and that he is average, so how did you watch him before the 2013/14 season when he was playing in Ligue 2? did you stream Nantes games when they were in the 2nd division? :lol:

Haven't watched one single game of him yet.
It would be nice to see him get playing time,but i'd rather see Zouma getting his minutes.
One of Cahill and Terry is always going to play, especially during that desperate times.

Mourinho wanted Stones or maybe Marquinhos, the board gave him Papy, critisice the board for not doing their job properly and showing no freakin' ambition.

People calling this guy average when they've never seen him play. Crazy.

What's wrong with calling this guy average?

that is perry much a neutral statement and slightly positive, considering he was not even highly rated and unknown among regular Ligue 1 followers.

What's wrong with calling this guy average?

that is perry much a neutral statement and slightly positive, considering he was not even highly rated and unknown among regular Ligue 1 followers.

It's like having an opinion on a videogame you've never played.

Alright...so how do you decide which game to buy and which game to pass on?

That isn't the point. The point being I don't criticise or rate something that I haven't seen, used or know anything about. Until then it is just an assumption based on conjecture. For instance, I bought The Witcher, when it was released back in 2008. I didn't know if I'd like it but I didn't have an opinion on it till I played it. I bought the game based on what I knew about it; being it's a point-and-click RPG. I didn't know if I'd like it or not, that is impossible.

Criticizing and reviewing a game without first hand experience is comparable to most forms of media, books, TV, film and even the ability of footballers

Sadly I think the main reason he doesnt play more is not because he would be better than other Cbs we have, but it has more to do with Mou preferences, stability and personal trust.

That said, I dont think he is better than our other defenders, but sure he should be given at least cup games to prove himself.

Few players get just straight into eleven, they get slowly integrated into, they play and eventualy start performing well. Integrating new players who are not household names has been huge problem for us under Mou.

i dont play Fifa, and i am sure he isnt very good otherwise he would have played more minutes for us, but you based your opinion on apparently watching him in France, and its obvious you havent watched him regularly enough to say he hasnt impressed you in France and that he is average, so how did you watch him before the 2013/14 season when he was playing in Ligue 2? did you stream Nantes games when they were in the 2nd division? :lol:

This is going nowhere. And you're undermining whatever point you're trying to make...

Your argument is basically this: that I (apparently) haven't seen enough of him to make an informed opinion, as I haven't watched him in "every game".

However, because apparently I didn't watch him regularly enough to have an informed opinion; therefore, if I can't have an opinion on him, then neither can you.

Then again, clearly you are able to tell me all of the Ligue I, Coupe de la Ligue and Coupe de France games I've watched Papy play in over the last couple of years.

This is going nowhere. And you're undermining whatever point you're trying to make...

Your argument is basically this: that I (apparently) haven't seen enough of him to make an informed opinion, as I haven't watched him in "every game".

However, because apparently I didn't watch him regularly enough to have an informed opinion; therefore, if I can't have an opinion on him, then neither can you.

Then again, clearly you are able to tell me all of the Ligue I, Coupe de la Ligue and Coupe de France games I've watched Papy play in over the last couple of years.

you clearly havent seen enough of him to make an informed opinion, i dont have a opinion on him as i have only seen him play once, i can just make an assumption that he probably isnt good enough otherwise he would have probably played more by now, you act like you watch him play all the time. when Nantes are barely shown on tv, and even when i watched them play i barely noticed him, so unless you focused on him in the few times you watched Nantes then i doubt you will have seen enough to make an informed opinion.

you clearly havent seen enough of him to make an informed opinion, i dont have a opinion on him as i have only seen him play once, i can just make an assumption that he probably isnt good enough otherwise he would have probably played more by now, you act like you watch him play all the time. when Nantes are barely shown on tv, and even when i watched them play i barely noticed him, so unless you focused on him in the few times you watched Nantes then i doubt you will have seen enough to make an informed opinion.

As I said in my previous post, there seems to be no reasoning with you. There is absolutely no logical thinking behind your post.

How can you say I "clearly" haven't seen enough of him? What is your proof? There is no rational thinking behind your post. I have seen enough of him to know he won't make the grade. He was a last-minute panic signing as he was cheap and readily available. If he was anything better than average he'd be playing ahead of John Terry, who has been nothing short of a disaster this season.

Again, "unless you focused on him" - so now you're saying unless you focus on a player you can't make an informed judgement on a player's performance? Does that mean we should watch Chelsea matches fourteen times before posting player ratings following a match?

As I said in my previous post, there seems to be no reasoning with you. There is absolutely no logical thinking behind your post.

How can you say I "clearly" haven't seen enough of him? What is your proof? There is no rational thinking behind your post. I have seen enough of him to know he won't make the grade. He was a last-minute panic signing as he was cheap and readily available. If he was anything better than average he'd be playing ahead of John Terry, who has been nothing short of a disaster this season.

Again, "unless you focused on him" - so now you're saying unless you focus on a player you can't make an informed judgement on a player's performance? Does that mean we should watch Chelsea matches fourteen times before posting player ratings following a match?

my proof is that its obvious! Nantes are rarely live on TV, but you probably stream all their games right? :lol:

and yes if you have only watched a player play a few times you would have to focus on that player in games to really make an informed opinion of how good they are

my proof is that its obvious! Nantes are rarely live on TV, but you probably stream all their games right? :lol:

and yes if you have only watched a player play a few times you would have to focus on that player in games to really make an informed opinion of how good they are

That isn't proof, that is an assumption made on conjecture.