Anthony Martial

Pacquiao

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure why is there such halo here...

That money is no worse than 40m that we almost paid for Stones. Yet no one cared.

Double standards at best. When we go after player, no problem pay world record fee for a everton 21year old CB who had one good season in PL, while united goes for a unproven striker for 55m, the world gone mad, united is breaking all the rules blah blah. And vice versa from other fans.

For record I think this price for Martial is waay too high, but so was the rumoured one for Stones.

At least Martial is a forward.

That's not accurate. Lot's of people were unhappy with the fee rumoured to have been offered for Stones.

Disgusting to see the media overshadow the price tag by overhyping him. Somehow this is a good deal because he seems to be the next Henry. FFS man, had we bought him it would have been a different scene.

Overpaid. He will be good, but next Henry? No way.

• 3 weeks later...

Still think no way?

Yes Yes. More importantly from a risk and reward standpoint of course. You paid almost the same amount for Martiel as Barca did for the best striker in the world Suarez. Martiel nowhere near as good as Suarez, now or possibly ever.

If you think United are justified if Martiel becomes good eventually then lett me tell you an investing application. Say you bought a piece of property that was overvalued today and in 5 years the property equals or is greater. Can you say you were justified? Of course not because you paid for something that was overvalued and from a risk standpoint the reward was minimal. Same case in this situation United paid Martiel like he was the best striker in the world, and in 5 years he becomes the best striker you can't say you were justified because 5 years ago you took on massive risk.

Btw he will play for Madrid in 5 years.

Lol. You cannot judge a player after 4 damn games.

Look at Macheda. Whether good or bad you cannot judge a player after just like 200 minutes of game time. He looks good, he looked good at Monaco too, but let's wait a while before judging him eh?

If he'd scored 0 in these 4 games it would be unfair to call him shit, just like it's moronic to call him shit like "The next Henry" after 4 games too.

I think he's a damn fine striker already but mainly this is in the context of a time when good all-around strikers and CFs seem more rare. I don't believe Chelsea have one either --but I hope I am proven wrong on that.

sidenote: will be interesting to see how Gestede does with AV. 6'4"

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You