Radamel Falcao

BlueLion.

he has to earn it, a bit of competition can only be a good thing. We have alot of games to play next season both would get plenty of minutes. I just really cant see us going into next season with our 3 strikers being Torres and 2 youngsters. Im pretty sure we will sign another striker.

I agree, but i don't think our board does.

TBH I don't think we'll need him anyway. IMO Torres will give us plenty of firepower. We're also underestimating Sturridge.

Would happily have him over Torres. Much more all rounder striker than Torres is. And don't think we're underestimating Sturridge, just that he is still pretty much unproven particularly as the main striker.

Would happily have him over Torres. Much more all rounder striker than Torres is. And don't think we're underestimating Sturridge, just that he is still pretty much unproven particularly as the main striker.

Well there's no need to fork out £45-50 million for another striker. We have other areas to strengthen and Torres should and will get one final chance to prove himself.

Unproven? He scored enough goals as winger the past season, and did 8 goals in 12 games for Bolton aswell.

Unproven? He scored enough goals as winger the past season, and did 8 goals in 12 games for Bolton aswell.

Different level of expectations and pressure playing for Chelsea and for Bolton. And yes, while he scored lots of goals as a RW last season, what other thing has he done there? He wasn't working hard enough defensively, was too selfish in his play and prone to make the wrong decisions in the final third. To play as a striker upfront these days or any player for that matter, you need to show adaptibility and ability to play and work hard for the team. Takes more than just scoring goals to be a top player and getting into the team.

Our absolute priority should be a creative midfielder. A top notch striker can wait until January if need be. All of this attacking power we're assembling will be for nothing if the engine in midfield isn't doing shit like last season.

Different level of expectations and pressure playing for Chelsea and for Bolton. And yes, while he scored lots of goals as a RW last season, what other thing has he done there? He wasn't working hard enough defensively, was too selfish in his play and prone to make the wrong decisions in the final third. To play as a striker upfront these days or any player for that matter, you need to show adaptibility and ability to play and work hard for the team. Takes more than just scoring goals to be a top player and getting into the team.

All this defensive talk is all bullshit tbh. He is a striker, he's not supposed to defend. Period. Id rather have a striker that scores goals. Also, dont forget that Danny didnt get much playtime by RDM.

So, we got a player who plays out of position with expectations such as some defensive abilities and work plus better passing maybe but who scores goals and is usually amazing in the box. Why on EARTH isnt this player a CF?

All this defensive talk is all bullshit tbh. He is a striker, he's not supposed to defend. Period. Id rather have a striker that scores goals.

I think this talk about strikers are not supposed to defend is pure BS. Strikers these days are not just scoring goals, even if that is main job. You have to play as a team, help out the team, even defensively such defending from the front. One only have to look at the work Drogba and Torres did last season when being played upfront. They helped out defensively from the front by pressing the opposition and trying to win the ball back, which Torres did pretty well in that aspect. Is Sturridge doing any of those right now? No. It's all 'Me Me Me' in his head.

Another prime example of a striker adapting and become much more versatile is David Villa at Barcelona. He's primarily a striker who plays upfront but being pushed out wide by Guardiola to accomodate Messi in the 'False 9' role. Despite that, he adapts himself to be familiar in the wider role and even once said he looked and learned from Pedro on what is required and needed to play in that position. Is Sturridge learning to do that? Again, no.

Also, dont forget that Danny didnt get much playtime by RDM.

Yeah...I wonder why...

i still think our board will get upcoming world class striker if you will, they just can't afford to have torress alone! remember we are better team know with hazard, but either Schurrle or jovetic is ours!

No. We are not a better team now with Hazard. We all know that Hazard has the ability and quality to impove our team but one player doesn't suddenly make our better(unless it's Ronaldo or Messi maybe). Takes more than one player to do that and we're still lacking in other areas.

I dont think we will get falcao, we will prob get hulk which will play on the right and be a back up cf if need be or we will buy a young and talented striker as listed above for +- 20 mil

I think this talk about strikers are not supposed to defend is pure BS. Strikers these days are not just scoring goals, even if that is main job. You have to play as a team, help out the team, even defensively such defending from the front. One only have to look at the work Drogba and Torres did last season when being played upfront. They helped out defensively from the front by pressing the opposition and trying to win the ball back, which Torres did pretty well in that aspect. Is Sturridge doing any of those right now? No. It's all 'Me Me Me' in his head.

Whats your point? Would u rather have a CF who works defensively and scores 10 goals or less defensive abilities and effort but scores 25-30? Why the HELL would a CF with the type of game and players we will have now work defensively. Of course everyone in the team should "chase" the ball and all that, but to claim a striker should DEFEND is stuipid.

Another prime example of a striker adapting and become much more versatile is David Villa at Barcelona. He's primarily a striker who plays upfront but being pushed out wide by Guardiola to accomodate Messi in the 'False 9' role. Despite that, he adapts himself to be familiar in the wider role and even once said he looked and learned from Pedro on what is required and needed to play in that position. Is Sturridge learning to do that? Again, no.

So just because Villa could do that then every player in the world should be able to? You havent considered that perhaps Danny just doesnt FIT for that kind of position? you seem to think that u can fit every player into every position. Should we re-assign Mikel to CF? I mean, he can ADAPT right?

Yeah...I wonder why...

Because with the team we had and the tactics we were forced to play we simply needed someone who could run quick with the counter-attacks but work hard defensively and be really durable. Ramires did that great.

EDIT: And if you or anyone else dont know how much Sturridge meant for us, I suggest u check out this post:

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/4665-23-daniel-sturridge/page__st__1548__p__456326#entry456326

• 2 weeks later...