Charles Aranguiz

the wes

I'm all for this. Would add multiple qualities we lack. His defensive contribution (not a deep CM though) will help win the ball back in big games. His intelligence will help keep it too. I actually look at him as in between matic and Fabregas in the type of player he is.

Pogba? Better player. Aranguiz? Fits like a glove.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you rate him on the ball? His passing range,vision,composure and dribbling ability?

in short, he have the drive, energy, atheletism which ramires can offer, but with much better passing range and technique. Exactly what we looking for

Absolutely far far better than our Ramirez and Mikel

Going through season with midfield of fabregas, matic, RLC, Aranguiz

although still fine to keep mikel for 5th choice but Even only 4 midfielder like that, but this looks more promising exciting and efficient than still keep Mikel and ramires for another season which we can't relied to them except only just being cover

Only concern is he probably make RLC have less appearance next season. But I think he could solve our problem in midfield for big matches. Which is very important and critical

Chelsea are showing an interest in Internacional midfielder Charles Aranguiz who has also been watched by Manchester City, Arsenal, Marseille and Bayer Leverkusen.

The 26-year-old was one of the stars of Chile's successful Copa America tournament.

His club are reluctant to open talks until after their Copa Libertadores semi-final with Tigres.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3157487/Chelsea-monitoring-Internacional-midfielder-Charles-Aranguiz-Manchester-City-Arsenal-keeping-close-eye-Chilean.html

I have read a lot of comments thinking in that he is a Mikel Replacement.... This guy is not a defensive midfielder. I see him being a back up of Cesc, even, they can play together. Charles is a guy that can clarify a lot the game from the midfield, a great conexion between defence and attack midfielders, allowing to Cesc play more advanced without the team lose game and that "First pass" in the double pivot as occur when plays Rambo.

Sounds just what we need then.

The CM in big games was a problem last year, with the priority being the league Jose brought Cesc and let Lamps/Luiz go and we flat track bullied our way to the title but lost the power we had in the big games the year before.

If we played Matic-Cesc in big games the opposition targeted the latter's not so great defence game, if we played Matic-Mikel we were non existent going forward and Matic-Ramires the latter's lack of football intelligence always handicapped us.

If he's exactly like you described him he would be a huge asset to us and should help us play better in big games. Also his goal record since 2011 is roughly one goal in five games if wiki isn't lying to me, which is a pretty handy return from CM if he can emulate that here.

Sounds just what we need then.

The CM in big games was a problem last year, with the priority being the league Jose brought Cesc and let Lamps/Luiz go and we flat track bullied our way to the title but lost the power we had in the big games the year before.

If we played Matic-Cesc in big games the opposition targeted the latter's not so great defence game, if we played Matic-Mikel we were non existent going forward and Matic-Ramires the latter's lack of football intelligence always handicapped us.

If he's exactly like you described him he would be a huge asset to us and should help us play better in big games.

My only doubt is that he never played in Europe, but, if he can be the same player for us, what he is for his national team, would be an amazing signing and like you say, just what we need.

For Sampaoli (Chile manager) the best Copa America's player was Charles Aránguiz.

"For me, in the development of matches, it is Aránguiz. After reviewing all the matches again, having seen all the cup, all rivals, Aránguiz ended up being for me the best player of the cup "

My only doubt is that he never played in Europe, but, if he can be the same player for us, what he is for his national team, would be an amazing signing and like you say, just what we need.

one of his good qualities is that he is very consistent player and didn't need long times to addapt before. My only concern is if he can remain fit after December due all the matches he played already, but if he arrives I think Chelsea already analyzed that.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You