Charles Aranguiz

the wes

According to reports in South America, the Premier League champions have agreed a deal with his club Internacional.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11737804/Chelsea-transfer-news-and-rumours-Blues-agree-fee-for-Chile-international-Charles-Aranguiz.html

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see him as a Mikel replacement but more of a Ramires. Still I havent watched him play so Ill stay silent, but I feel he is at the point in his career where it would be a great move to move to a big club, and we need midfielders so all boxes are ticked.

He should be playing tomorrow at 22hrs Brazilian time for Copa Libertadores against Tigres. I think you have 4 hours difference, so just in case you want to see it or record the game to see him playing. I guess he should be a starter at least.

Can any Chilean on here confirm that this is indeed basically a done deal?

nope, the last news about it was from 2 or 3 days ago and most of the info came from England, the local media just repeated the info.

I have seen he is quite agressive and strong for such small size, but can he add steel to our midfield? We were overpowered last season on many occasions.

But PL is whole different beast, hopefuly he will handle the likes of Schneiderlin well. Plus he is so small, he wont win a single header...

I have seen he is quite agressive and strong for such small size, but can he add steel to our midfield? We were overpowered last season on many occasions.

But PL is whole different beast, hopefuly he will handle the likes of Schneiderlin well. Plus he is so small, he wont win a single header...

smaller players have other ways to fight in the air, moving the opponent when they jump meesing they timing for a header, they don't need to clash with their oponents, if you see in the video of Aranguiz uploaded 3 or 4 post ago, he go usually from the side to get the ball. All this techniques are not exclusive of him, I just saying that exist a way to deal with everything. Smaller player usually have a low center of gravity, so they are not that easy to push when they are holding the ball, In fact he can create fouls in those situations (I'm not talking about diving) placing his body properly so he get fouls in those situationsother thing is when they are running. In the case of Aranguiz he doesn't carry the ball too much, he is more of passes so doesn't have issues with tackles against him. He move quick enough to avoid the fouls with bad intentions.

smaller players have other ways to fight in the air, moving the opponent when they jump meesing they timing for a header, they don't need to clash with their oponents, if you see in the video of Aranguiz uploaded 3 or 4 post ago, he go usually from the side to get the ball. All this techniques are not exclusive of him, I just saying that exist a way to deal with everything. Smaller player usually have a low center of gravity, so they are not that easy to push when they are holding the ball, In fact he can create fouls in those situations (I'm not talking about diving) placing his body properly so he get fouls in those situationsother thing is when they are running. In the case of Aranguiz he doesn't carry the ball too much, he is more of passes so doesn't have issues with tackles against him. He move quick enough to avoid the fouls with bad intentions.

Obviously some small players can jump quite high and/or have different tecnhique to get that air ball.

I admit I havent seen Aranguiz but I checked his stats (something I rarely do with players, but Aranguiz is someone I only saw in few Copa games and WC last year, but I dont remember him much) and he has realy poor aerial duels stats on both squawka and whoscored. While its not something truly important, if he can battle for the balls in different ways, but our team aside from defence has only Matic who is capable to beat opponents in most air duels. Hazard, Cesc, Oscar, Willian just cant do it for obvious reasons, while even Costa is one of the players with worst jump I ever saw, considering his height and strength.

And the only reason Im putting this is because in Mou system, the way we play in big games, parking the bus or however you call it, you need physical dominance in midfield to protect the defence or the opponent will break through sooner than later. From what I seen Aranguiz is Ramires replacement with better technique based on his copa games. How will he fare in Premier league if we sign is another thing. Unless he is some extraordinary player with top mentality and phyisique, he will likely struggle in PL. Moving for first time in life at age 26...I dunno.

Hazards a beast at getting to headers and he's tiny. His timing for the jump is impeccable.

Obviously some small players can jump quite high and/or have different tecnhique to get that air ball.

I admit I havent seen Aranguiz but I checked his stats (something I rarely do with players, but Aranguiz is someone I only saw in few Copa games and WC last year, but I dont remember him much) and he has realy poor aerial duels stats on both squawka and whoscored. While its not something truly important, if he can battle for the balls in different ways, but our team aside from defence has only Matic who is capable to beat opponents in most air duels. Hazard, Cesc, Oscar, Willian just cant do it for obvious reasons, while even Costa is one of the players with worst jump I ever saw, considering his height and strength.

And the only reason Im putting this is because in Mou system, the way we play in big games, parking the bus or however you call it, you need physical dominance in midfield to protect the defence or the opponent will break through sooner than later. From what I seen Aranguiz is Ramires replacement with better technique based on his copa games. How will he fare in Premier league if we sign is another thing. Unless he is some extraordinary player with top mentality and phyisique, he will likely struggle in PL. Moving for first time in life at age 26...I dunno.

he is not Mikel or Zouma to get physical, but will ran and recover balls as much as any other player, the difference with Ramirez is I think Aranguiz can keep the ball more and help the team to keep and move the ball around when is needed. He seems small, in fact Chile was the smaller team in Copa America but they were the most physical and intense team, so don't worry about that.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You