Michael Essien

LDN Blue

But unlike all of our midfielders besides Mikel, he can actually make a tackle. That always helps in the game of football, right? :rolleyes:

Suppose that is one feather to the bow, so bring him back for his tackling then.

:lol: You're missing my point, I think. Essien gets stuck in. Be honest - who had a real go against City on Sunday? Who in the midfield took the game by the balls, put in a few bad tackles and roughed up the likes of Rodwell and Silva? Nobody. Essien, by his mere nature alone, would. You need the physical side to the midfield on some occasions. I'm not saying he would solve all our problems because he is quite obviously well off his best and somewhat injury-prone, but he can do a better job in the midfield than Ramires can, IMO.

An extra body in midfield was exactly what we could have used this season. At least we wouldn't have had to play Luiz in midfield.

I'd rather have Luiz in midfield than the useless Benayoun.

I can understand the Essien loan...but the sale of Meireles made no sense..

I'd rather have Luiz in midfield than the useless Benayoun.

I can understand the Essien loan...but the sale of Meireles made no sense..

At least we made some money from selling Raul. Loaning Essien and selling Meireles make even less sense when you combine them together.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Essien games have improved slowly and slowly since join Madrid. I have to thank Mou for that. We should have him back next season. He can play RB if Azpi/Ivanovic got injured and can play CDM as well. To be honest, I want Essien in the starting 11 instead of Mikel next season, if we can't buy a quality CM.

While speculation mounts over Mourinho's own future, Essien is keen to re-establish himself at Stamford Bridge and is convinced that his time at Real has shown that he can perform at the highest level.

"I will return to Chelsea with my head up and try to win my place back," said Essien.

"I think my loan at Madrid has shown I have still got it at the top level."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8683125

Edit: Oh cmon :D

Edited by GermanBlue