Arsenal v Chelsea

Jase

Arsenal have been excellent in recent months except for the blips against Tottenham and Monaco.

I'm more than a little worried about today's game

Feeling the same here but a defeat is by no means a disaster. The only annoying thing is we have to get more points to seal the title and probably endure some nervy moments in the remaining five games.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose today, the arsenal parade will be back in full force. Arsenal can win the league, if CHELSEA lose another few games and we win, it's possible and it can be done.

I can't handle another few weeks of that.

Park the big blue double decker. Frustrate the life out of them. Make it the most boring match ever played and take them on the break for a 1-0. Thank you very much, title won on Wednesday please!!

It was about Wenger ! :halo:

An example where 'i will quote absolutely everything i disagree with so i can get likes' goes too far

I don't want to drag poor BCS into this but everyone should unlike that special juan reply :ph34r:

If we lose, so what?

We'll be 7 points clear with a better goal difference, plus they still have to go to Old Trafford. Because of last weekend's semi-final, they don't play their extra game (which cancels out our game in hand) until the 20th of May, by which point we'll probably have too many points to be caught. My point being that if we get two draws and two wins from Leicester/Palace/Liverpool/West Brom, by May 18th we'd have 84 points, and even if Arsenal took maximum points between now and the end of the season, 84 is the very most they can achieve. We'd then only need a point against Sunderland to guarantee it.

Let's say we lose today, only manage draws against Leicester and Liverpool, we need to win two of our games at West Brom and at home to Sunderland and Palace to ensure the title. But that is dependant on Arsenal getting 100% of their available points between now and the end of the season - which they won't. I can't see them winning at Old Trafford. Regardless of their cup win there this season, their league record against United, in Manchester, is frankly horrendous (they've won two out of their last sixteen trips there).

Let's say they win five and draw one of their last six (16 points), that will give them 82 points. We'd need eight points from the last five games to match that, or nine to beat it, i.e. two wins and three draws.

But this is all very hypothetical. This could end up being unlucky number 13 for Mourinho, however I have to admit I'm more nervous for Wednesday's game versus Leicester.....

Disclaimer: I'm shit at maths so if I have failed to add up some basic sums here, you'll just have to deal with it.

Why do people want a boring 0-0? We need to have a go. I want to see a good competitive game. Even if we lose, they can't catch us. I've missed watching Chelsea play so waiting a whole week for a boring 0-0 won't do for me

If we lose, so what?

We'll be 7 points clear with a better goal difference, plus they still have to go to Old Trafford. Because of last weekend's semi-final, they don't play their extra game (which cancels out our game in hand) until the 20th of May, by which point we'll probably have too many points to be caught. My point being that if we get two draws and two wins from Leicester/Palace/Liverpool/West Brom, by May 18th we'd have 84 points, and even if Arsenal took maximum points between now and the end of the season, 84 is the very most they can achieve. We'd then only need a point against Sunderland to guarantee it.

Let's say we lose today, only manage draws against Leicester and Liverpool, we need to win two of our games at West Brom and at home to Sunderland and Palace to ensure the title. But that is dependant on Arsenal getting 100% of their available points between now and the end of the season - which they won't. I can't see them winning at Old Trafford. Regardless of their cup win there this season, their league record against United, in Manchester, is frankly horrendous (they've won two out of their last sixteen trips there).

Let's say they win five and draw one of their last six (16 points), that will give them 82 points. We'd need eight points from the last five games to match that, or nine to beat it, i.e. two wins and three draws.

But this is all very hypothetical. This could end up being unlucky number 13 for Mourinho, however I have to admit I'm more nervous for Wednesday's game versus Leicester.....

Disclaimer: I'm shit at maths so if I have failed to add up some basic sums here, you'll just have to deal with it.

bookies maths is all you need ... we are 1 - 100 to win the title .... btw 11 - 8 to win it NEXT season

Mertesacker is out for this, right?

Trying to work out if this is a good or bad thing. Good in that we should have a bit more joy at set pieces and don't have to worry about his height during Arsenal's set pieces. Bad in that he's slow as an aircraft carrier and could've been targeted by our attacking players.

Back 5; Fabregas-Matic; Ramires-Willian-Hazard ; DD.

Fabregas is better at CM than AM. Willian is better at AM than RW. Ramires is (slightly) better at RW than DM.

Plus that trio behind Drogba will be lightning quick on the counter.

Counting the Seconds til the Match ... Countig Seconds ... Are we going to win .. Are we going to Draw .. Whats the Line-Up? ... Is it a good Line-Up? ... Are we going to seal the Championship today? ... If not, how many more Points do we need .... Questions, Questions ....

Staring-Confused-Ron-Swanson.gif