Radja Nainggolan

RoyalBlues

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a nice player for sure but I feel like our big midfield buy should be a super talented younger guy with loads of potential to improve even further. We already have a central midfielder nearing 30 in Cesc who will likely only decline from here on. Nainggolan isn't there yet but is getting to that age as well and has probably peaked.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have him here, but I personally still have dreams of Simeone coming and bringing Koké with him. Probably unrealistic but that's the sort of player I want. Someone who's 24-25 and still has their best years in front of them.

3 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

Have you actually watched him? 10 times more technical than Matic and arguably a better ball winner than Obi and Ruben. A 4-3-3 with him, Cesc and Matic/Ruben would be elite.

He barely scores and has like 12 assists in six years since he's been playing in Serie A. It is more than 200 official matches so this makes it one assist at every 15-16 games. Knows only how to run & tackle and picks up yellow cards for fun. Now explain me why would he be any different from Ramires?  

4 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

He barely scores and has like 12 assists in six years since he's been playing in Serie A. It is more than 200 official matches so this makes it one assist at every 15-16 games. Knows only how to run & tackle and picks up yellow cards for fun. Now explain me why would he be any different from Ramires?  

He is a defensive midfielder his job is not to score his job is to defend and he is more tehnical than Matic and much faster with the ball than Matic.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

3 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

His job is not to score or assist, he is a defensive midfielder. His job is to make his presence felt, to disrupt play - getting yellow cards are mandatory. And he is far more composed on the ball than Ramires.

Getting players like him in a step in the right direction. Our midfield right now is completely toothless. We just let teams with any decent midfield run the show. 

Or do you want to continue with passengers like Mikel and Fabregas who do fuck all in big games?

18 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

When you are a defensive midfielder.. I doubt you need to contribute with assists or goals, lmao. He does pick up yellow cards regularly, though.

The real question is: would you like him alongside Matić, with Fabregas too, in 4-3-3? Or 4-2-3-1 with Fabregas - Radja at pivot?

In case of 4-3-3 Matić-Radja-Fabregas, YES, it will be important for him to add some goals/assists. Why? We already have Matić who REALLY is defensive midfielder (not b2b like Radja) and who adds close to nothing upfront.

Matić - Radja would be something like Essien - Ballack. But Ballack is whole other dimension compared to Matić in terms of scoring.

On 19.2.2016 at 7:22 PM, The Mak said:

Or do you want to continue with passengers like Mikel and Fabregas who do fuck all in big games?

If there's anything you can't blame Mikel for it's turning up in big games. He's done it all the time.

5 hours ago, Amblève. said:

If there's anything you can't blame Mikel for it's turning up in big games. He's done it all the time.

I hope you're not just referring to 2012...it was 4 years ago, with a completely different team (with multiple leaders) and different system (10 other men behind the ball). Mikel has done nothing of note since. 

Oh wait, there was that one game a few weeks ago...and he scored a goal last week to make up for his initial fuck up. Yeah, I take it back, forget what I said.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You