The Paris metro incident

cosmicway

One thing that happened to me is this:

1975, Wembley, England under Don Revie face Czechoslovakia and are 3-0 up (it was the Euro group won by Italy eventually). A Czech fires a shot from 30 yards and hits the cross-bar, Shilton did n't move.

So I say "what a good shot".

When I said this there were three wildish looking gents nearby who did n't like it at all. Hey that one is a Czech said one of them, we grab him next time !

A Czech traveling supporter in 1975 as well !

The Greeks of Salonica operate like secret police.

They stop you in the street and ask you to give directions to some of the town's landmarks.

Like say the meteo authority buiding.

If you fail, it proves you are not from Salonika and they beat you up.

If this ever happens to me I'm screwed, I'm terrible at giving directions. I wouldn't be able to give directions even in the city I was born.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Greeks of Salonica operate like secret police.

They stop you in the street and ask you to give directions to some of the town's landmarks.

Like say the meteo authority buiding.

If you fail, it proves you are not from Salonika and they beat you up.

Chelsea, in fact most fans used to use that all the time. " Got the right time ?" Answer in the wrong/ northern accent and instant attack.

Chelsea, in fact most fans used to use that all the time. " Got the right time ?" Answer in the wrong/ northern accent and instant attack.

The hools made their appeareance here some time in 1972.

Before that there were isolated incidents, mostly in the directors boxes !

In one derby match I saw a known cinema actor coming to blows with a Panathinaikos supporter.

While we still have something going on in directors boxes, the organized armies were somehow created.

I left Greece at around that time, to return ten years later, so I missed the beginnings.

In England it was an already established state of affairs and my bro in law was showing me vintage smagazines from the sixties describing the antics of kop fans.

I thought of it as a strange thing. It's not so easy to mobilize people for a political cause -of whatever type- while it appears to be a lot easier to organize football violence.

The closest I ever came was when one day I went to the Gate 7 of the Olympiakos Piraeus stadium - not being an Olympiakos fan of course. Gate 7 is the *ssh*le of the universe. On that day there was a huge crowd and the police nearly shoved me in there. These folks are crazy. When one of their playes visibly fouls an opponent, they immediately shout against the referee (that does n't happen in any other stadium). However in that match my Greek team made a shambles of a performence, they did not even cross the centre circle, Olympiakos won 2-0 and even missed a pen. So I never got to know what might have happened.

Time for an alternative view on what happened on the Paris Metro, away from the fleet street gutter press media hounds waxing lyrical about the shame of it all. This will be the same Fleet Street that in the 80's and 90's used to buy the blokes drinks and coke, let them know where the other teams fans were holed up, and watched eagerly, camera's firmly focused when mayhem ensued.

The footage from the tube station shows a bloke try to get on a packed train, get fucked off out of it, trying to push his way on again, and get fucked off out of it again. The tube was mobbed. He may have got pushed back out simply because he was being a cunt, not for anything to do with colour.

As for the blokes on the tube, none of the blokes at the door was singing anything offensive...unless you find singing "Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea" offensive. The "John Terry" song was being sung well inside the carriage so good luck to the Old Bill in working that one out.

My Club, Chelsea, have been torn to shreds over this. Mancs have been singing about Hillsborough and Heysel for years, Scousers sing about Munich, Leeds sing about Munich, Millwall are as generally abusive as always. Rangers sing about being "up to their knees in fenian blood", Celtic sing about "soon there will be no Protestants at all". All offensive and all been heard over the years. Is the JT song any more offensive then any of them?

Of course it's offensive. Not good I know, but something thats been going on at football for fucking years. If they are going to come down on it then come down on it all. Don't just highlight Chelsea fans. Be a brave investigative journalist and get yourself on a flight carrying scousers to Turkey next week, and listen to them and their Munich songs and report that. Listen to Mancs on their way to South Wales this morning, giving it large about Heysel and Hillsborough.

Chelsea forever,

One of my mates old man had a funny incident before a Chelsea Tottenham game years ago.

Group of blokes came up to him asked him who he supported and he said Chelsea and they were Tottenham fans so they filled him in. He carried on towards the ground and another group came up to him and asked the same question. Thinking they were Tottenham fans again he said Tottenham. They were Chelsea fans and he got another kick in :lol:

It's safe to say that this incident also has cost us fans.

New incoming fans and some that no longer have the desire to support us.

While you might say glory hunters, yes that's true but still that's added revenue leaving.

Don't be ridiculous. Every club has its moronic fans. Liverpool fans mock Munich; United fans mock Hillsborough in return. We sing about gas chambers and Hitler, but all it takes is one moronic incident such as this. There are times when I've been embarrassed to be a Chelsea fan, but I have to say this is not one. Those racists do not represent me or 99.99% of our fanbase. I'm not a racist, I'm not a xenophobe. Those five or six "men" do not represent me or my views.

The way the press have reacted is like saying that all Muslims are terrorists; that all Germans are Nazis; that all Americans are bigots; like all Brits are xenophobic. It simply isn't true. It is smaller than a "small majority" but high-horse riders like Stan Collymoron start spouting their vitriolic bile and the left-wing PC brigade that the BBC has become make out as if Chelsea have declared World War 3. Pathetic overreaction. Reprimand the disgusting fools responsible and lets move on.

Soulymane got a whole page in the Guardian today, about how he is too frightened to go on the Metro ever again, and how the club need to contact his lawyer :D Oh do fuck off .hahahaha Just come out with it mate and say ''I want to milk this for compensation''.

And why not ? I would :D The (anti)social media made it viral, and the corporate media need sensationalism to run and run.

Guaranteed there will be loads of undercover reporters in the boozers round SB today, trying to sniff out any right wing singing, to let the story run and run. Shame I am not going I would have worn a bedsheet and pointy hat

Don't be ridiculous. Every club has its moronic fans. Liverpool fans mock Munich; United fans mock Hillsborough in return. We sing about gas chambers and Hitler, but all it takes is one moronic incident such as this. There are times when I've been embarrassed to be a Chelsea fan, but I have to say this is not one. Those racists do not represent me or 99.99% of our fanbase. I'm not a racist, I'm not a xenophobe. Those five or six "men" do not represent me or my views.

The way the press have reacted is like saying that all Muslims are terrorists; that all Germans are Nazis; that all Americans are bigots; like all Brits are xenophobic. It simply isn't true. It is smaller than a "small majority" but high-horse riders like Stan Collymoron start spouting their vitriolic bile and the left-wing PC brigade that the BBC has become make out as if Chelsea have declared World War 3. Pathetic overreaction. Reprimand the disgusting fools responsible and lets move on.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/wider-repercussions-of-paris-metro-incident-may-hinder-chelsea-s-ambitions-1.2111640

I'm not ridiculous.

Image is everything in the consumer world.

With sponsors and fans.

Famous athletes get hammer for stupidity.

Phelps smoking pot, woods for cheating and all that shenanigans.

So yes this will hinder some incoming revenue.

Not saying they are or aren't racists but people say things they don't really mean or believe sometimes, you know? Add to that alcohol and group behaviour and boom. I'm in no way saying it is all right to do it, of course it is wrong and should be punished, but it doesn't instantly make every single one of them inherently racists. It is almost guaranteed that many of them were just following the group behaviour. Believe it or not, people are stupid, especially in groups. And when drunk.

While what you are saying may be somewhat true, I will state once and again, a person who doesnt have any racist thoughts in their mind what so ever, would never both say and do what they did. Period.

Then wether that guy is a fullblood racist or a racist who is quiet just sphewing his racism over the internet, i couldnt care less about.

Theres simply no need to even say "i dont think they are racists". Why even try to look it at their PoV? They are fucking retards.