• Fabregas
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Luis (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)

Welcome to the 2 horse race league, when one of the horse slipped, the other will be catching up :)

No need to worry, it is pretty sure that will be happened at least once in entire race (season). What we have to do is get a grip back and keep going forward.

We're not gonna win every match for sure, so as City. who the hell starting 'unbeaten' team talk actually :rant: it's like stupid jinx waiting us to lose for sure. Glad no one will be talking about that now.

One thing I'm confident with for this season is we're gonna lose match we expected to lose. I don't think we will get an unexpected result like Palace away, Sunderland home, or WBA home draw last season in this season, with a quality in our squad.

WBA draw last season we were lucky to get so best not happen again

Seems papers etc started the undefeated crap.same way they went on about Liverpool last year.gives them headlines when it goes wrong.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One reason for the defeat is we went there to attack from the word go.

We did not even think it worthwhile to secure the draw first.

Agree at some point. Part of me want from now on every time we play Newcastle away we have to try playing like we are facing City at Etihad. Play 433, park 3 or 4 buses, playing counter, I don't care what other fans and media will saying, I think it is greater chance for us to grab some points at those cursed place.

Agree at some point. Part of me want from now on every time we play Newcastle away we have to try playing like we are facing City at Etihad. Play 433, park 3 or 4 buses, playing counter, I don't care what other fans and media will saying, I think it is greater chance for us to grab some points at those cursed place.

Well, it's an away match.

One of the Greek historic matches was PAOK Salonika v. Panachaiki Patras in 1973.

PAOK were going great guns for the championship but they lost 3-5 !

In Salonika there is the rumour one of their coaches was running towards the Patras bench with a bank cheque at half time but hit another bench on the way and broke both his legs. As he fainted, he could not talk to the ambulance men and say "please give the cheque to those men".

I was on a ship's deck the following day Monday and a man tossed away a copy of the Times so I open and see the Greek results. Hello, what's this, I said to myself.

But at the same time, Olympiakos -the eventual champions of 1973- drew 1-1 at Kavala, a Newcastle like quantity those days. Later when I read the press of the day they praised Olympiakos performence to get that draw.

Have to say I am disappointed with yesterdays result, but relieved to have that "invincibles" tags removed, as it just added extra pressure to the squad. Our performances in the league have been falling a little short lately, and I feel that Willian and Oscar have gone off the boil. Hazard has carried them recently, but he did look a little jaded yesterday. I only saw the highlights, but what was glaringly obvious to me was that without Matic our defence was exposed time after time. Gary Cahill had a "mare" of a game but I will not criticize him on this one match. but I will lay a lot of the blame with Mikel as I don't think he is reaching the standard required as a defensive midfielder. I always feel we will leak goals when he plays and he does not instill a lot of confidence when he plays. I am also slightly worried that Costa too seems to be having a downturn in form. I know that teams are becoming wiser as to how he plays, but he needs to adapt a bit to counteract that.

I hope that next week all the players I have mentioned make me eat my words, and I will happily do so as long as we return to winning (in style) ways. But please.............DONT PLAY MIKEL AGAIN !!

Just back after weekend in Newcastle. Read the first 6 pages, can't believe the over reaction on here! Was at the game and totally gutted at the result but I thought we were very unlucky, on another day we could have won comfortably. Keep the faith

Just back after weekend in Newcastle. Read the first 6 pages, can't believe the over reaction on here! Was at the game and totally gutted at the result but I thought we were very unlucky, on another day we could have won comfortably. Keep the faith

Agree with that Hitman, and at least it stops the media going on and on about 'can we be like Arsenals invincibles'. As for the forum there is a tendency for it to implode if the opponents win a throw in

Ruud Gullit on MOTD: "The problem for Chelsea is that they are going to face more teams like this away from home. They have already faced Sunderland and only managed a draw so the question is what are you going to do against it? "If Chelsea play with so many players through the middle and it doesn't end up working then you have to have a plan B. When Didier Drogba came on it changed their formation because they had two players up front, Drogba and Diego Costa, but it just didn't seem to work for them. Jose Mourinho did change things eventually, but it was too late."