Schalke v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll assume you're not deliberately misconstruing my comments so i'll explain myself:

We should not make our CL campaign hard for ourselves. On our day we can beat ANYONE, I truly believe that. But our chances of beating teams like Bayern/Real/Barca/PSG are not as high as they would be if we faced teams like Olympiakos, Basel and Monaco. We need to beat the best to be the best but why face harder teams when you can skip them and let them knock each other out before the later rounds? You say we have to beat them, no, we don't. We just need to beat the teams put in front of us. We could top the group and face no team better than Monaco or something and still win the CL. Unlikely I know but you should always give yourself the best chance you can, and in this case it is by topping the group.

So my comment was that we CANNOT lose as this will put us 2nd place in the table and make our lives a lot harder in the CL. If we draw 2-2 or above then we only need a point against Sporting to top the group, would take almost all of the pressure off.

But this isn't what you said is it? you said you'd take a draw right now(which doesn't confirm 1st place) and that a loss would mean we're pretty much out of the competition. That's what you said, I'm not misconstruing anything. Had you said the last part of this post instead of what you said in the previous one there would be nothing to discuss, it was your adamants that losing means we're likely out that many raise objection with and that's why I called it a defeatist attitude.

Don't press the panic button prematurely, we all know that a point makes us safe. The point I'm making is a loss only makes attaining our objectives harder, it doesn't make them close to unattainable.

this game/match will be played on 25 November in England Time but in New Zealand Time this Game will be Played on my Birthday 26 November - NZDT.

I will be 24 years old on 26 November tomorrow New Zealand Time. So I am going for or Hoping for a Chelsea FC 4 - 2 win against Schalke to mark my 24th Birthday.

this game/match will be played on 25 November in England Time but in New Zealand Time this Game will be Played on my Birthday 26 November - NZDT.

I will be 24 years old on 26 November tomorrow New Zealand Time. So I am going for or Hoping for a Chelsea FC 4 - 2 win against Schalke to mark my 24th Birthday.

I want to visit New Zealand. Can u send me a visa ? :P..happy birthday mate.

I feel a bit more confident about this game now.

From what I've heard Schalke haven't been defending very well and if the defending is anything like in Robbies full time spell here or his WBA team I can't see us not exploiting that.