• Hazard
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Luis (sub)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerrard was totally like a fish out of water as the CDM in Liverpool's midfield against us - http://vimeo.com/111345310

I don't get why Rodgers thinks hes good there. Hes very much an average player in that position and when Rodgers claimed he was one of the best in that role last season I couldn't help but laugh. I watched Liverpool play Real Madrid the other week and Lucas Leiva looked every bit better in that role than Gerrard. I mean you seen it yourself Oscar, Ramires, Hazard were bypassing him very easily, in that clip he constantly gets too tight and gets spun away from in the middle of the park and then Hazard or Oscar or Ramires or someone is running directly towards their back 4.

I don't get why Rodgers thinks hes good there. Hes very much an average player in that position and when Rodgers claimed he was one of the best in that role last season I couldn't help but laugh. I watched Liverpool play Real Madrid the other week and Lucas Leiva looked every bit better in that role than Gerrard. I mean you seen it yourself Oscar, Ramires, Hazard were bypassing him very easily, in that clip he constantly gets too tight and gets spun away from in the middle of the park and then Hazard or Oscar or Ramires or someone is running directly towards their back 4.

I kept hearing pundits and commentators gushing over him being such a wonderful 'quarterback' last season. Now admittedly I know nothing about American Football other than that they play in a helmet and massive oversized shoulder pads with an overgrown egg for a ''ball'', but is quarterback the equivalent of a midfielder whose legs are gone and who's actually quite shit the moment someone gets within 5 metres of him?

I kept hearing pundits and commentators gushing over him being such a wonderful 'quarterback' last season. Now admittedly I know nothing about American Football other than that they play in a helmet and massive oversized shoulder pads with an overgrown egg for a ''ball'', but is quarterback the equivalent of a midfielder whose legs are gone and who's actually quite shit the moment someone gets within 5 metres of him?

I think the thing that helped Steven Gerrard look good last season was teams reluctance to press Liverpool at times because of Sturridge and Suarez's pace and movement up top. He had all the time he wanted in some games and could do whatever he wanted because the game was in front of him. When people started marking him he struggled.

I honestly don't get Rodger's comments about Gerrard being a top top player in that position or whatever it was that he put it, defensively as the third center back or quarterback or whatever you want to call it he is extremely poor. Lucas Leiva's defensive side of his game is 10 times better than Gerrards but sure he can play a 30 or 40 meter diagonal pass if you give him time and space I mean even I can do that if I've got all the time in the world and I'm certain most people could do the same.

True, but they show consistency- something the other teams doesn't.

They had already beaten teams that spurs and Liverpool didn't.

They will have now some tough games ahead, we will see.

It would be absolutley fantastic if they could nick 2 points from two of the top teams.

Southampton are our allies :) they can really help us secure the title if they keep playing like this.

It would be absolutley fantastic if they could nick 2 points from two of the top teams.

Southampton are our allies :) they can really help us secure the title if they keep playing like this.

Hopefully they won't take points from us lol

Def did, they acknowledged it during the post match analysis and all had a laugh about it. It was great. Hope it makes it way on youtube.

Brilliant, seen the clip from the fans angle but if anyone finds a link from the actual post match analysis shown on bt sport would be great to see :)

Brilliant, seen the clip from the fans angle but if anyone finds a link from the actual post match analysis shown on bt sport would be great to see :)

It wasn't really that much. Jake Humphrey mentions that the fans were chanting Franco's name, something the great man already knew judging from the grin on his face. Legend 25 acknowledged the fans in that shy, slightly embarrassed way he does, the pundit panel at pitchside had a giggle at him and they moved on. Six seconds screen time tops.

It wasn't really that much. Jake Humphrey mentions that the fans were chanting Franco's name, something the great man already knew judging from the grin on his face. Legend 25 acknowledged the fans in that shy, slightly embarrassed way he does, the pundit panel at pitchside had a giggle at him and they moved on. Six seconds screen time tops.

Yeah spot on. I still enjoyed it alot. Probably watched that 6 seconds 10 times. Download the torrent if you can't find the clip. That's how I saw it.

Watched the game back a few times now and I thought we played really well Saturday.

We look very sharp right now.

We looked good in stretched for sure. Thought Cesc was off the pace perhaps mainly due to injury... Need to finish off chances in the area better, other than that we were pretty good, not great.

Cesc has been off the pace in most big games. The game seems too fast for him in a deep position. But I think that's because he can't sit back and defend, he has to press, he has done it for Barcelona and won everything, so why should he believe it is the way to go by sitting back? He should be played further up where he can press.