• Matic
    • Ramires
    • Oscar
    • Costa
    • Hazard
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Luis (sub)

When will we play good football in big games?

Just for your own information we played good football, we were in control of the game up until we led. It Mourinho's tactics to defend the lead after we are leading in towards the end of a game. How do you want us to play like Barca? we are not Barca we are Chelsea and since we deem Mou worthy to Coach us let us respect his judgement of seeing out games.

Every commentry I read says we bossed the game except you, that an irony

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win and good to see we didn't go way over defensive once we were in the lead like we did against Man Utd & City which I feel is Jose only fault at times. Its like playing russian roulette. Sit deep man behind ball and let the opponent come all out at us.

Matic was super and was everywhere. Making important tackles and bombing forward with the ball. I'd like him to improve his right foot passing and touch.

Fabregas was playing injured so I give a let off but I feel he needs to up his tempo and be more physical. He needs more movement on and off the ball but maybe he is still adjusting back to pace and physicality of this league. He also needs to improve his set piece taking. More precision is needed especially on the corners.

Ramires I have never liked in our starting XI. A squad player for me. But since his Brazilian can show a bit of magic at times. But not this game. Did his job though. A typical Jose player.

Cahill usually dives and uses his body well to shield our goal but this game he cost us the first goal and almost a penalty at the end.( Looked like a penalty to me without bias) But this can happen when you're an all out top CB like him.

Costa was superb leading our attack. He is ferocious and aggressive but has the footballing brains to link with teammates and is great finisher and poacher. He will be our Player of the season this year if injuries don't get in his way.

Overall a lot of positives but we are still not at our best. When we hit our peak which i believe we will as the season goes on. we will charge ahead and win the league by 10+ points.

and we're not worried about them anymore, we should be worried about Southampton now :)

I am not worried about Southampton at all. There is a team every season who starts really well and then goes down. They won't finish in top 4, I am sure of that.

I am not worried about Southampton at all. There is a team every season who starts really well and then goes down. They won't finish in top 4, I am sure of that.

If Southampton stay near the top in January, I can realistically see them finishing in the top 4. Good, well-organised team, and getting the results. Right now, all the usual suspects are looking very shaky.

Newcastle nearly got it couple of season's back could easily see Southampton doing as good if not better.

They have replaced the departed players (and manager) with significant upgrades, have better squad depth (as showed yesterday when Long came in and scored twice), they upgraded there keeper also and in Koeman they have a manager with a proven track record.

There's no reason Southampton can't be the new Spurs and start challenging for top 4 from relitevely nowhere, they have such a solid foundation.

Newcastle nearly got it couple of season's back could easily see Southampton doing as good if not better.

They have replaced the departed players (and manager) with significant upgrades, have better squad depth (as showed yesterday when Long came in and scored twice), they upgraded there keeper also and in Koeman they have a manager with a proven track record.

There's no reason Southampton can't be the new Spurs and start challenging for top 4 from relitevely nowhere, they have such a solid foundation.

Said it before, their upcoming fixtures will tell us more about them. Between end of this month to mid-January, they'll face Man United (twice), Arsenal (twice), Man City, Chelsea and Everton.

Said it before, their upcoming fixtures will tell us more about them. Between end of this month to mid-January, they'll Man United (twice), Arsenal (twice), Man City, Chelsea and Everton.

That's a fair assessment although on the other hand with the start they have had they can lose most of those and still be there or there abouts. Also they have mastered the flat track bullying almost to perfection, which as we know takes some doing.