• Matic
    • Willian
    • Schurrle
    • Drogba
    • Hazard
    • Costa (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)

Brilliant start, brilliant at the end, worst we've played all season in the middle.

I fucking KNEW Hazard was gonna miss that. Just knew it. He was unstoppable in open play but just couldn't finish to save his life today.

Roll on Liverpool. José will certainly light a fire of unheard of proportions after that shocking display. We may not see Andre again for a while.

To be honest I thought he'd get it in, I thought NK Maribor would have watched our matches, Hazard normally goes left... so going right should have tricked them. But it didn't :(

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you play the first team in corny away matches you can only lose. Even when you win the match the important players are exhausted for one of the most difficult away games of the season. On the other hand even a youth team could have played for a draw here.

Was about time for Hazard to miss a pen for once, glad it happened in a fairly irrelevant game.

We were not great, but Costa's goal should have been allowed.

Anyway, Sporting was of a great help today :)

So we need 1 point from Germany to secure play-off place, and a win gets us the first place, Is my math right?

groupg2_zpsb27788f6.png

Well every side still has a chance in our group, but you have to like our chances. A win at home vs Sporting will seal the deal, but like Schwarzer was saying after the match, Jose will want to win in Germany. Sorta like Julius Cesar.

We deserved to win. Draw isn't a bad result but when you work that hard and still fail to accomplish your objective, it def has a negative effect. I'm curious about the weekend match now, because I want to see how the players react.

We work so hard with and without the ball, work so hard to create chances and we still don't put the ball in the back of the net, it is very very discouraging. Anfield is a pivotal match imo, it will show truly if we are champion calibre.

Thought Maribor put in a good account of themselves. They kept Cesc off the ball and when he did get it was poor... There is only one talking point from the match though, Eden Hazard.

I thought he was unbelievable in the build up and unbelievably poor finishing off incredible chances. The pen was awful, the 1 v 1 when Oscar played him in was Torresseque. He really needs to work on finishing, the pen was one thing but this is now two times in recent weeks where he's clear through on goal and missed... Not good

Having said that he was my MotM, that's not saying much though

A draw is enough for us, I just didn't want a loss as that would've wiped off our unbeaten record this season, obviously it will come to an end eventually. Hazard could've done better with the penalty but it's all good, we were disallowed a perfectly fine goal but oh well....credit to Maribor, played their hearts out. They've managed to draw and pick up points against all the teams in the group now.

Seems like the curse of November strikes again. August September and October we are cruising and then fucking November comes and we struggle over QPR and now drop points against a team who have only ever won one game in the Champions League.

seriously though our guys need to start getting their shit together from the kick-off. Shurrle looks lazy and disinterested, and Willian just didn't show up for this game.For their goal both of our full backs had tucked in way too much, with Ivanovic allowing way too much time to get the cross in and then Luis is 10 yards off his man when he gets the ball, allowing him time to place it in the top corner. Although we did up the pace in the second half it always seemed like it was just going to be one of those nights.

Major improvement needed for Saturdays match against Liverpool. They will have seen tonights game and will realise we are there for the taking if we play like that again. Jose get your hair-dryer out and sort them out now.

My comments:

1) I thought we played very well in the second half and we should have won the game.

2) I am not sure we should start with Drogba. He seems to be slowing our forward momentum.

3) I really like Zouma. His performance today was outstanding.

4) What a game from Hazard. I don't know what we would do without him.

5) If we win next game at Schalke, we will finish top of the group

Not the worst result, perhaps blessing in disguise to up our game on Saturday.

The difference between last year and this year is STARK. Last year we would've lost this game and everyone would've been up in arms, this year we draw and everyone is up in arms...

I like the fact we're getting points even when we don't play well.

Hazard's mentality on big occasions needs some addressing, he needs to be more of an assassin in front of goal. THought the Maribor keeper was made to look better than he was, he made one incredible save on Costa but everything else was damn near right at him.

Hazard is tricky and all, but his finishing is poor this season. He could be easily on 10 goals already...but was excellent in dribbling again.

Cesc was terrible at holding ball too. No consistancy at all.

And Costa was poor too.

This team is far from title material, maybe in england, but not in CL. Yes we made it to semis last year, and we are better now, but this is not how it works. We need more balls, consistancy, control and efficiency to get ahead of Real, Bayern or other top teams. We are tacticaly brilliant though and can play on that card though...

But Maribor put very good performance, happy and proud with the result :D

The difference between last year and this year is STARK. Last year we would've lost this game and everyone would've been up in arms, this year we draw and everyone is up in arms...

I like the fact we're getting points even when we don't play well.

Hazard's mentality on big occasions needs some addressing, he needs to be more of an assassin in front of goal. THought the Maribor keeper was made to look better than he was, he made one incredible save on Costa but everything else was damn near right at him.

like the fact we get points as long as it lasts.seasons back we played poor,scraped wins then went on a mental run of draws and crap performances and no wins