Gerard Pique

Billy.

Yes, seriously. Pique is a joke, can't defend at all. Did you see his stupid mistake vs Real Madrid just the other day? The handball?

Pique is a good defender, maybe not the best out there but he is hardly worse than Cahill. Hes been out of sorts this year but I've been reading that he isn't a regular under Luis Enrique, also I don't feel he suits a very high line due to his lack of pace. He'd be a good signing here, he is a good defender, we don't play a very high line and he is very comfortable on the ball. 23M or whatever would be a decent deal in my eyes, for someone who has won absolutely everything he can win.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pique is a good defender, maybe not the best out there but he is hardly worse than Cahill. Hes been out of sorts this year but I've been reading that he isn't a regular under Luis Enrique, also I don't feel he suits a very high line due to his lack of pace. He'd be a good signing here, he is a good defender, we don't play a very high line and he is very comfortable on the ball. 23M or whatever would be a decent deal in my eyes, for someone who has won absolutely everything he can win.

I never said he was worse than Cahill, I said no better. Neither is world class, but I like Cahill better cause he's not a cunt who stole my wife.

He's been out of sort for 3 years now.

He looked really good when Barcelona were in their dominant phase due to the fact that the team retained possession for almost 80% of the time. So he was hardly ever troubled. Now that teams attack more often, he's starting to become exposed and his mistakes are getting picked up.

He's an average defender. Considering the wealth of CB options we have, we can safely rule him out as a target.

I think people are forgetting how dreadful he was at united. I honestly don't think he'll adapt well to the league or the team for that matter. I get that we need to sign a CB in the next two windows, and I get why Pique would seem like a great choice: He's experienced, won literally everything and is homegrown. But I just think he would be a huge risk.

Pique was only 19-20 when playing for United, surely you cant judge him on that...

It's hard to judge a defender playing in the Barcelona system, they're so vulnerable most of the time due to the lack of cover, constant high line and counter attacks. He's fast (for a cb), technically good and can pass out from the back. Luiz was always brash, inconsistent and had too many brainfarts, maybe Pique might be the same but it still remains to be seen.

Pique was only 19-20 when playing for United, surely you cant judge him on that...

It's hard to judge a defender playing in the Barcelona system, they're so vulnerable most of the time due to the lack of cover, constant high line and counter attacks. He's fast (for a cb), technically good and can pass out from the back. Luiz was always brash, inconsistent and had too many brainfarts, maybe Pique might be the same but it still remains to be seen.

He has always looked as slow as John Terry to my eyes.

I've read somewhere that Pique is one of the most popular footballers in the world thanks to Shakira. Maybe we want him for marketing reasons.He's not WC, but IMO, he's better than Cahill. But then again, I don't rate Cahill.

I've read somewhere that Pique is one of the most popular footballers in the world thanks to Shakira. Maybe we want him for marketing reasons.He's not WC, but IMO, he's better than Cahill. But then again, I don't rate Cahill.

Cahill is a billion times better than Pique, mate. Pique is actually a mediocre defender, insanely overrated . I'll rather have David Luiz back than Pique.

The only reason why we might want him is because he's a good ball playing CB, but like Luiz, he can't defend. He'll get exposed badly in this league and this team.

Pique can't run, can't tackle, can't jump. He had two good seasons in Barcelona but has since descended into being a laughing stock in Spain. Barcelona have gotten weaker and Pique has gotten exposed. He was so bad, he got benched in the WC, I think. He's a classic case of the system and strength of team making a player look better than he actually is.

Still, thank God there aren't any reputable sites reporting it. I also doubt Barcelona will want to lose such an experienced player in January. Barcelona also have the transfer embargo to deal with. We had a chance to go for Benatia in the summer but we weren't really pressing for a centre-back. It makes little sense to press for a far inferior one in Pique now. He makes Ben-Haim and Boulahrouz seem competent.

Cahill is a billion times better than Pique, mate. Pique is actually a mediocre defender, insanely overrated . I'll rather have David Luiz back than Pique.

The only reason why we might want him is because he's a good ball playing CB, but like Luiz, he can't defend. He'll get exposed badly in this league and this team.

I agree that Pique is a pretty mediocre defender, but I disagree that Cahill is a billion times better. He's just as mediocre as Pique; but at least Pique is good on the ball. Our system is making Cahill look a lot better than he actually is, IMO.

I agree that Pique is a pretty mediocre defender, but I disagree that Cahill is a billion times better. He's just as mediocre as Pique; but at least Pique is good on the ball. Our system is making Cahill look better than he actually is, IMO.

I think Cahill has been brilliant since he's joined us. I'm not sure which system this is but it's clear we're playing more open this season with more emphasis on being expansive and less compact.

If you want to make an argument for the system making players look better or worse, then the same can be said for Ivanovic, Azpilicueta and even Terry. They've had periods this season when they've been less than convincing.

And I don't know how anyone can say Cahill is a mediocre defender. He's not absolute world class level, but he isn't far off. Pique will be a fairly huge downgrade.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You