Loïc Rémy

SeB

32 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Thats disappointing. Especially since he is near Giroud's level in all honesty.

Giroud, Benzema, Lacazette and Martial are all ahead of him, and probably 10 other strikers. In fact no national team would include a player who's done nothing for a whole year, it would make no sense considering their player pool.

• 2 months later...

Loic Remy:Chelsea FC player evaluations 2015/16

Loic Remy perhaps should not have accepted the role of backup at Chelsea a couple of years ago. He was a good player when he was at Newcastle. A starting center forward in a city where they worship the man.

He came to Chelsea for the money, let’s be clear on that. He wanted to live in London and earn 80k a week, which I understand. I have never been upset with a man for taking the money. It buys houses, takes care of children and grandchildren for a long time. It seems, though, that Remy became disinterested with his role during his time in West London and thus needs a change of scenery.Remy was simply a wonderful late-game substitute. With the sharp goal scoring prowess of a starter he was wonderful to bring on in the 70th minute or later against tired and tried defenses. Sadly, though, when he lost interest he let his skill set depreciate and now it’s just time that we all move on.

The Pride of London

Capture.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was strange with Remy. I initially was Jonesing for Bony when we were linked with hin Then Citeh paid almost £30mill for him I thought it was bonkers.

But then I thought Remy was like a carbon copy of him so getting him for 1/3 of Bonys price I thought it a result.

Specially coring 9 minutes into his 1st game.

He had some goodishhh games but never took full advantage of the chances he was given.

I dunno if/what Conte can do with him but I reckon if we had the chance we should sell him. Maybe him/Pedro/Oscar in a package deal?

NEW PLACE:REMY

Loic Remy has praised the training methods of new head coach Antonio Conte and the Frenchman, who missed the end of last season through injury, is delighted to be back playing.Remy came on for the final 10 minutes of Saturday’s friendly against Rapid Vienna in Austria, making his first appearance since the away game at Aston Villa back in April, when he limped out of the action early on.The striker, who partnered Bertrand Traore in attack for the closing stages against Rapid, has looked sharp in training, and after being out of action for such a lengthy period he is enjoying his football.

‘It’s good to be back and for me it’s very important that I don’t have any more injury problems this season,’ he tells the official Chelsea website.‘The preparation is very important for me, I feel really well so far but it’s a long time since I played. Last year was very difficult for me because I had a lot of injuries, but this is a new page now. I hope to stay free from injuries and to have a better season.‘I feel very good. The preparations are very different to what we did last season and the one before. With the new staff we have been working very hard and even though the result against Rapid Vienna was disappointing I think we will win the next game.‘All the players want to be involved in the new project, the commitment is there and there is no reason for us not to be ready for the first game of the season.’

The players have been working under the guidance of Conte since last Wednesday, when the Italian took charge of his first training session, and there has been no shortage of hard work involved as he prepares his players for the new campaign.

‘They are very intense sessions but at the same time you have to work on the basics,’ says Remy . ‘It’s very tactical which is good for us, because as players you need to have direction and know what to do with and without the ball. It’s been very tough but all the players are enjoying working with the new manager.’

Remy will hope to be given further time to build on his match fitness when Conte’s side take on RZ Pellets on Wednesday in the second and final game of the trip to Austria, which comes to an end on Friday.

‘We only came back to training at the start of last week but we have to improve in every area,’ Remy adds. ‘Now we have a game on Wednesday and it’s important for us to get a win.’

chelseafc.com

Capture.PNG

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, iceboy said:

According to twitter he is in France already and will play for Lyon. Loan deal. He will not be part of the team against WH.

Hmmm I smell Lukaku.

Good!

When we were being linked with Bony and Remy I was def on the side of getting Bony. But when Remy came I really liked the kid and thought he was pretty simiar to Bony only much cheaper! I know hes not had the full faith of any manager and maybe being given some trust and encouragement could have made him. But he never really made the most of his chances. Yeah he scored a few and loved seeing him score a few minutes after coming on but not enough for a ST me thinks.

And look, Lukaku can have his old number back that he took if Remys off!

1 minute ago, lucio said:

Would rather keep him, a loan would be so weak. Need to stop being pushed around

Sell him, don't keep him- he would fetch about 7M. The loan is pointless because he will never be first choice or close to being picked because of what is ahead of him.

Don't prolong the agony...just sell.