Chelsea v Swansea

Jase

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More license to roam and less defensive duties; he is by far the most attacking of the midfield 3.

Hmm I don't see that. Him and Ramires are alternating. You'll find Cesc fairly deep sometimes, and sometimes you'll find him forward. But of course in a 4-3-3 he'll have shared his defensive responsibility more so doesn't have to worry about his defensive game as much.

Cesc was very average as an attacking midfielder against Everton if you don't remember. I wouldn't go as far as saying he's definitely better as a AM than at CM. It depends on the situation.

It's the start of the season, of course we're not going to be perfect ffs.

If you haven't seen any promising signs you haven't been watching us at all.

Well, that defence sure looks promising. Specially if we think about the fact that it is the same from last season. Whatever, I might be overreacting, we'll just have to wait and see if my concerns and critics are justified or not.

Football is never that simple. Swansea are in good form and most of our players will have been away on international duty.

Haha well I was correct, we was 1 - 0 down in the first half and I was listening to the commentary at work and man I thought we'd never score and then BOOOM Costa comes in lol. He's the best player we've bought this year.

but Ramires has been pretty high in the pitch too... Ramires brings stability in games like this, I agree and concede he should start.

Schurrle and Oscar should be taking turns in the AM for matches against teams like this and Ramires should play there, but still Ramires is playing very high and I can't honestly say between him and Cesc who's playing higher. It seems like a diamond with both Cesc and Ramires near the attacks and Matic in the back, if you ask me.

I think we would have a quality player, world-class even, if Fabregas was given less defensive responsibility and allowed to play as a CM with little to no defensive responsibility.