Chelsea v Swansea

Jase

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion the only way we'll get that balance right is going 4-3-3. We can get away with Cesc-Matic against the Burnley's of this world but any team with ambition will cause us problems.

Yeah, against teams that can play, like Swansea, I definitely agree with that. But against the lower half of the PL we should just play Cesc - Matic (and Matic needs to step his game up a bit).

No. I'm expecting us to be strong defensively, not to give Leicester three or four one-on-one situations against the goalkeeper, not to concede just after we score, not to give Swansea City so many goal scoring opportunities. I'm expecting us not to have blackouts like we had in the first 20 minutes of today's game. I'm expecting us to dominate our 'decent' opponents from the very first minutes of the game. I'm expecting this team to play fast and attractive football, as we were promised during the last season when we 'did what we were able to do with what we had, in order to get the most out of it'. Now we have all we need, but there are still problems. That's what makes me wonder about a few things.

It's the start of the season, of course we're not going to be perfect ffs.

If you haven't seen any promising signs you haven't been watching us at all.