Chelsea v Swansea

Jase

You're overreacting so much it's ridiculous. Sorry, what many flaws are there in the team?

You do know we're facing a decent team here? This is ridiculous.

"we're facing a decent team". Lol. That's probably a great excuse to give them a lot of good chances. Just like we did against Leicester. Just like we allowed Everton to score three goals against us (oh, I forgot, they are a decent team too). I wonder what happens when we play a good team or a great team, if we are so sloppy and flat against "decent" teams.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"we're facing a decent team". Lol. That's probably a great excuse to give them a lot of good chances. Just like we did against Leicester. Just like we allowed Everton to score three goals against us (oh, I forgot, they are a decent team too). I wonder what happens when we play a good team or a great team, if we are so sloppy and flat against "decent" teams.

Are you expecting us to steam roll a team that is joint top 5-0?

However, we still have to keep in mind that with one of the chances of Swansea being more successful, we could be 0-2 down and would be struggling to come back. Same goes to the save of Courtois against leicester. The team still seems to be very unstable.

Matic is really having a mare in this match and overall at the start of the season.

If he doesn't play well, we're fucked, no matter who partners with him... unless we have both Mikel AND Ramires, but that's too much, we're already over it, but we need Matic to perform.

He plays better with Ramirez. Fabregas doesn't pair up well with Matic. Schurrle was not helping the case either. Every time he goes to close the gap created by Schurrle, a hole is created in the middle. Same thing with helping out with Hazard on the side. Hazard and Schurrle on the wings for Matic or anyone is horror game waiting to be exposed

I agree. Expect Ramires to come on to provide more balance.

In my opinion the only way we'll get that balance right is going 4-3-3. We can get away with Cesc-Matic against the Burnley's of this world but any team with ambition will cause us problems.

Swansea beat Man Utd. Leicester and Everton drew with Arsenal. We beat all those teams that took points from our rivals to the title. You're overreacting - they're good teams and we beat all of them convincingly.

Are you expecting us to steam roll a team that is joint top 5-0?

No. I'm expecting us to be strong defensively, not to give Leicester three or four one-on-one situations against the goalkeeper, not to concede just after we score, not to give Swansea City so many goal scoring opportunities. I'm expecting us not to have blackouts like we had in the first 20 minutes of today's game. I'm expecting us to dominate our 'decent' opponents from the very first minutes of the game. I'm expecting this team to play fast and attractive football, as we were promised during the last season when we 'did what we were able to do with what we had, in order to get the most out of it'. Now we have all we need, but there are still problems. That's what makes me wonder about a few things.